Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Kompany is an awsome player

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
He is indeed a very good player, but he has not a lot of experience so leave him a year or 2 at Anderlecht and see how he develops.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Vincent Kompany is indeed a very talented defender.....He was absolutely class in that CL match vs Celtic. Only 17 as well.... ;)

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barremans said:
He is indeed a very good player, but he has not a lot of experience so leave him a year or 2 at Anderlecht and see how he develops.

I disagree. I think he should be bought now. Maby he should be loaned back for a year or 2.

But he is a talent which is very rare. He is already an international player and is seen by many as a future world class center back.

Chealsea/Manchester/Real are all chasing him. Id love to see him at Milan.

W.H.I

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Shevchenko, Kaka', Pirlo, Smith, Maldini, and many others
Melbourne said:
Barremans said:

I disagree. I think he should be bought now. Maby he should be loaned back for a year or 2.

But he is a talent which is very rare. He is already an international player and is seen by many as a future world class center back.

i agree with you :D

zorro

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Melbourne said:
Barremans said:

YES! Buy him now, why later - his price will only get higher&higher!!! MILAN should sign 6 year old contract and leave him on loan 4 next 2-3 seasons...

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ian gattusso said:
Melbourne said:
Barremans said:

i agree with you :D

:cool:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
zorro said:
Melbourne said:
Barremans said:

YES! Buy him now, why later - his price will only get higher&higher!!! MILAN should sign 6 year old contract and leave him on loan 4 next 2-3 seasons...

I remember reading the coach of Anderlecht saying "i wish i could sign him on a 20 years contract"

Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,nesta,kakà,maldini, ronaldinho
i'm from belgium and yes that kompany is becomming a world class player !!!! buy him as soon as possible !! :devil2:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
th one and only sheva .. said:
i'm from belgium and yes that kompany is becomming a world class player !!!! buy him as soon as possible !! :devil2:

:devil2:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
I don't know about this guy. I saw some Anderlecht matches and when the opposition scored, it was almost always Kompany's fault. Probably loss of concentration. So I want to see more of this guy before I'll be going all "GO KOMPANY TO MILAN! PRO KOMPANY ALLIANCE".

But well I heard good news and some big clubs are interested. But I think it's highly impossible for a big club to buy him already. He can still turn out to be a flop.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
trust me on this one he won't be a flop !! i've seen him playing many times at anderlecht and i can assure you that he is a verry talend player. i say buy him as soon as possible so he can addapt to the italian style off football. :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

milan

Beginner
Reaction score
kompany said that he dont want now to go to grand clubs he want to debut in anderlecht

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
i have never seen him play (i think) but if he's only 17 and already getting these reviews then Milan should definently have him scouted.

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I am sure Milan's scouts are doing their jobs and rave reviews about a 17 year old won't go unnoticed. Besides..Milan's management has a very specific scouting system and..if i'm right..Cesare is still heading the scouting team...

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan threaten Man Utd bid for Kompany
tribalfootball.com - December 2, 2003

AC Milan are threatening Manchester United's move for Anderlecht defender Vincent Kompany.
Despite the 17 year-old signing a new contract last month, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will make an offer for the centre-half during January's market.

But he will face competition from Milan, which are following Kompany and teammate Martin Kolar.

Italian clubs are paying particular attention to Anderlecht, with skipper Walter Baseggio also emerging as a major Serie A target ahead of January

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Melbourne said:
AC Milan threaten Man Utd bid for Kompany
tribalfootball.com - December 2, 2003

AC Milan are threatening Manchester United's move for Anderlecht defender Vincent Kompany.
Despite the 17 year-old signing a new contract last month, United boss Sir Alex Ferguson will make an offer for the centre-half during January's market.

But he will face competition from Milan, which are following Kompany and teammate Martin Kolar.

Italian clubs are paying particular attention to Anderlecht, with skipper Walter Baseggio also emerging as a major Serie A target ahead of January

I think that walter baseggio is a good player BUT not good enough for the big clubs.he's a verry good skipper at anderlecht but i don't think that he would be a succes in the serie A.
kolar : highly skilled and still young = let the scouts do theire job
kompany: i've said it before :D buy him before an other club does.i'm strongly convinced that he can handle the top.

iI have a great trust in milan scouts.if the player is really worth it ,he will come to milan :devil2:

cheers :cool:

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i dont know anything bout this kompany guy, but if he is getting all this publicity at 17 wat does milan have to lose?? we might as well sign him.

Reaction score
I don't think this is so simple my friends... Kompany is a very very talented player but with inexperience of high level games. What it's sure it's the fact this player his a future class player : he is tall (1.90), fast, has good passing game and terrific on one-to-one duels...but he is no to sold...
Manchester has proposed 15 millions euros this 21st of december to befin discussions. No way. Anderlecht don't need money, which is rare in professional football... The club has its own stadium in property and live very well in a mid-low level championship with 25 million euros budget.

Kompany will stay for 2 or 3 years in Anderlecht, and if he leaves, it's for the British Isles, not for Milan or an other Italian club...But with the time, maybe he'll change his mind. But for know, he wants to learn, finishes high school and progress slowly to becoma a top class player. He will be!

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Vincent Kompany is a very talented defender, he's tall and can move very quickly, he has good future !!!
Milan would be good to buy him and loan him in smaller Serie A club to gain some experience, and get him back after a year or so.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
th one and only sheva .. said:
Kompany is tall with big talent, heading the ball well also, already in his young age he is important player for Anderlecht, still has to learn alot, but his attitude is great, even world class hopefully, Milan should keep both eyes on him, i prefer Kompany more than Marseilles Van Buyten, who is also excellent defender

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I totally agree with all of you guys...Buy Kompany NOW and dont wait..
But we know that many young players which later have turned out to world-class players have been flops in Milan...Kluivert, Davids, Vieira... :o

So I can understand Mr. Galliani if he doubts in his decission..

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I must admit.. i don't know anything about this guy...

But i'm curious to know more about this young deffender because most of you guys told that he a talented player.

I wonder.. are there any news which told that milan interested to this guy..??

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
AC Milan scout Man Utd, Chelsea target Kompany
tribalfootball.com - February 12, 2004

AC Milan are considering Anderlecht youngster Vincent Kompany as a successor for club legend Paolo Maldini.
The teenager is a major target for Manchester United and has also attracted the interest of Chelsea. Kompany signed a new contract last year, but is expected to be sold by his Belgian club in the summer.

Milan are so serious about Kompany that vice-president Adriano Galliani has assigned Cesare Maldini to scout the defender this year leading up to the close-season transfer window.

Also under consideration to succeed Maldini are Borussia Dortmund defender Christophe Metzelder and Santos centre-half Alex.

Schedule