Nesta Out for a Month!

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Milan stopper Alessandro Nesta will go under the knife on Tuesday in a bid to resolve a knee problem.

The Italian international missed the Boca Juniors defeat on Sunday because of a meniscus injury to his left knee and will be operated on in Rome.

The Rossoneri medical staff believe that the former Lazio player will be out of action for around four weeks.

source: www.acmilan-online.com

That is terrible news. Nesta and Maldini are the backbone of this Milan team. Without the two of them anchoring the defense Milan would not win anything. This is horrible news. Don't be surprised if Milan drop a game or two in the Serie A within the next month. :head:

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Nesta is a huge loss. We need him against Roma away on Jan 6 definitely

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Its always devastating when a team loses its best player. This is our current case.

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
we REALLY need a new defender in January. Think if something like this happens to Maldini or Nesta again during the business end of the season towards May.. we can only rely on Billy so much, and i'd hate to risk Laursen against some of the bigger sides. :(

Lets hope Sandro can complete a Maldini-style recovery, i.e. a fast one :D

Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,nesta,kakà,maldini, ronaldinho
juninho-paulista said:
we REALLY need a new defender in January. Think if something like this happens to Maldini or Nesta again during the business end of the season towards May.. we can only rely on Billy so much, and i'd hate to risk Laursen against some of the bigger sides. :(

i say bring vicent kompany ! :D :D he's your man.I think he will adapt verry fast to the italian style off football.He's only 17 years old and he is already one off the best defenders from belgium :eek:

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yes... look at the bright side... galliani will buy one or two great or young deffender this january....

And with milan lab, i hope that nesta will return less than one month..

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Get Well Soon. :)

Will he return before serie a starts again? :conf:

DIAVOLETTA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta , Sheva, Pippo , Kaka, Maldini...... to put this shorter, all Milan players
This is terrible, Nesta out for a month. We really need him in defence, every standard player in our defence has more that 30 years, and it seames that they can't walk. We need some oung defenders really. Nesta is the best defender in the world and it is going to be so dificult to play without him. I hope he returns sooner!!!!

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Nesta of course is a big blow and Je we missed him in Japan.

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
No.............!!!

We will miss him so much....
Let's hope he will return much sooner like Maldini did ;)

And wish that we will buy at least two young world-class defenders in January.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
Yeah, is too sad, but fortunately the surgery was a success =) and we will see him very soon on the pitch. Forza Nesta!!

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah..Nesta is a big big blow..and away to Roma we can afford little less than a full strength lineup. I thought both Billy and Paolo did a good job in defence in Japan..i mean..Boca were pretty much limited in terms of chances. But then again..i'm a bit nervous everytime Billy chooses the backpass over the clearance. He does it so often..remember that it was his backpass mistake that let Velez Starsfield to score in 1994..something like that.

Anyway..Nesta will hopefully make a speedy recovery..and perhaps still Lazili at heart..he can lead Milan to victory in his own derby with Roma.

Ms. Maldini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I just hope he recovers well and soon, his absence has definitely been and will continue to be felt....We need him!!! :(

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
They say in "The site", the official site that is :rolleyes: Nesta may be ready for Roma's match and I wish he would En Sha Allah!!
As far as a replacement is concerned, there are two ways which Carletto can use to get over this problem,
Whether he plays with Kaladze in the centre, considering that he DID play in that postion before:
--Cafu-Kaladze-Capitano-Pancaro--

Or Simic in the centre:
--Cafu-Simic-Capitano-Pancaro--

Or Simic in the centre, Kaladze on the left wing:
--Cafu-Simic-Capitano-Kaladze--

I think these soluitons will be better than having Billy espcially against the teams who have a fast attacking line such as Roma for instance!
With all respect ...

FORZA MILAN!!!

abubasky

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It's bad to lose Nesta, but look at the bright side... Milan will be forced to buy a good defednder in January ;) That would give the defence more depth, and hopefully get a younger player.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
!@porc#..!!$caz?^§ :mad:

kyara, i think

Or Simic in the centre:

this is what i would go for, as lil as possible :rolleyes:

Ms. Maldini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think:
Kyara said:
Or Simic in the centre:
if Kaladze not in form....

Or Simic in the centre, Kaladze on the left wing:
--Cafu-Simic-Capitano-Kaladze--
if Kaladze plays...

FORZA MILAN!!!! :devil2:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Injury update Sandro Nesta:

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport Nesta will be fit to play against Roma on Jan 6. :devil2:
jump.gif

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Injury update Sandro Nesta:

According to La Gazzetta dello Sport Nesta will be fit to play against Roma on Jan 6. :devil2:
jump.gif
isnt he out for 4 weeks? but thats great news, especially vs. Roma we need more than a solid defense, Totti, Carew, Cassano, Montella(injured?), Emerson are very creative and dangerous, but our defense well stop them like Milan did before the whole season :cool: unfortunately Kaladze is out for the big game :( , Pancaro is only an Ioan form Lazio or did Milan buy him?, :conf: hes too old but had have some solid games, if Kaladze is back Pancaro will change to the bench, :tongue: :) :D
Defense Line up vs. Roma:
---Cafu---Maldini---Nesta---Pancaro
on the bench: Simic, Laursen, Costacurta

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
well unfotunately it's not sure if nesta is fit agains't roma. i read on ac milan.com when one of the milan doctor's said that if he is not fit at all we won't risk him :( . but let's hope, we lose a lot if he's not on the pitch, especially agains't his old biggest rival Rome i'm sure that if he plays he'll give more than everything from himself agains't the Roman's :devil3: i really can't wait till tuesday i'm dying to see this great match :eek: :devil3:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Unfortunately it seems la Gazzetta did spread some premature news regarding Nesta's recuperation... :( With Kaladze newly injured, the only backline I want to see is

Cafu -- Simic -- Maldini -- Pancaro

Reaction score
it was on rai uno tv text aswell...looks like nesta will miss it but is confident for the first leg of coppa italia on 14th jan.

DIAVOLETTA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta , Sheva, Pippo , Kaka, Maldini...... to put this shorter, all Milan players
Yes In rai tv text is says that Nesta is not going to play against Roma, and he is going to return 14th january. This sucks. :head: . How can we win against Roma without Nesta. And shit Kaladze can't play because that stupid red card he got against Udinese, and he has a muscolar ploblems. Roma is so dangerous and we can't just consider that we already won 3 points like we did against Udinese and look what happend. This is going to be very dangerous game , and we can't win with always the same tactits. I just wonder who is going to play in our defence. :conf:

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Erm..Kaladze additionally injured his knee during practice..so even with his suspension of 2 matches..he still won't be training and that certainly is bad...

As for Nesta..i do hope that he'll be back ASAP..we really need him to kick start our new year...

Schedule