Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
AcMilan.com said:
MILAN - Pavel Nedved has officially won the 2003 Golden Ball. Five Milan players, however, have been voted among the best 25: captain Paolo Maldini was third with 123 points followed by fourth-placed Andriy Shevchenko with 67 points; Nelson Dida and Alessandro Nesta were in the 13th place, while Filippo Inzaghi gained a 22nd spot.

I am very sad for Don Paolo... :head: We love you either... :devil:
FORZA PAOLO!!!!!!!! Congrats to Sheva in the 4th place... :devil:

OFFICIAL RESULT!!!
1) Nedved (Juventus, Cze) 190 points
2) Henry (Arsenal, Fra) 128
3) MALDINI (Milan, Ita) 123
4) SHEVCHENKO (Milan, Ukr) 67
5) Zidane (Real Madrid, Fra) 64
6) Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United, Hol) 61
7) Raul (Real Madrid, Spa) 32
8) Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid, Bra) 27
9) Buffon (Juventus, Ita) 19
10) Beckham (Manchester Ut/Real Madrid, Eng) 17
11) Ronaldo (Real Madrid, Bra) 11
12) Larsson (Celtic Glasgow, Swe) 6
13) Deco (Porto, Por) 4
Del Piero (Juventus, Ita) 4
DIDA (Milan, Bra) 4
Makaay (Deportivo/Bayern, Hol) 4
NESTA (Milan, Ita) 4
18) Nihat (Real Sociedad, Tur) 3
Totti (Roma, Ita) 3
20) Ballack (Bayern, Ger) 2
21)Ibrahimovic (Ajax, Swe) 2
22) F. INZAGHI (Milan, Ita) 1
Koller (Borussia Dortmund, Cze) 1
Mutu (Parma/Chelsea, Rom) 1
Ronaldinho (Psg/Barcellona, Bra) 1
Toldo (Inter, Ita) 1.

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
well it is what i expected. i'm not suprised at all. knowing how these award's are being given nothing is to be suprised henry before paolo and sheva. that's great man yeah keep going why were they in that list i guess, i mean did milan won something this year :conf: ? i know that milan won the champion's leauge, italina supercup and the european supercup. besides that they were also finalist in italy supercup and intercontinental cup. it look's like i was dreaming milan haven't won anything this year am i right? there has a been a mistake cause there is no chance to win 3 important trophies in a season and your player's not being even at the 2 place :conf: . arsenal what did they won? oh i forgot they were in 2 place in premier leauge and something else hmm... i don't remember. but anyway who gives a damn about these award's fuck em paolo, sheva, nesta, pippo, rino and all the ac milan player's will remember this season as the greatest in their career knowing that they were crowned apsolute european champion's and knowing that they won won coppa italia and were part of two other great final's, so with or without them they still are numero uno they still are the champ's and they've proved it on the pitch not seating on a chair and voting about who do they think deserved it more :mad:

:devil3: FORZA MILAN :devil3:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's see... you disagree with the national coaches votes, you disagree with sports journalists votes... Well, at least your criticism of the journalists 'expertise' is partly justified - Sheva really doesn't belong on that list considering the crappy season he had..... :tongue: :D

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
Passion for*9* wrote:
Let's see... you disagree with the national coaches votes, you disagree with sports journalists votes... Well, at least your criticism of the journalists 'expertise' is partly justified - Sheva really doesn't belong on that list considering the crappy season he had

hahah.. yeah you're very funny passion. do u behave the same like your passion pippo? well than u must be. it's so funny when pippo break's the record's of being flageg offside he is always the champ there but not somewhere else. i'ts just so funny when we see him everytime being offside. we all know what's pippo gone do after that don't we? he'll protest like a crazy man without no reason. perhap's that's why he got one point :D . any new jokes passion come on tell us you're very funny i'am dying to hear them :D

P.S i like and love pippo i only said these word's cause passion sometimes makes people laugh with his stupid post's :devil2:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
makaveli said:
P.S i like and love pippo i only said these word's cause passion sometimes makes people laugh with his stupid post's :devil2:

It could be argued whose posts are more stupid. Get it through your head that it is an annual award to honour the European Player of the Year. Of course, that player coming in top should actually have had a season worth mentioning + not a season to forget like Sheva had in 2002/03. Sorry if this is a concept you don't understand, but then... maybe... it would have been wiser to say nothing than to talk through your ass.

For further reference: I'm not a 3-legged one.

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I remember we had a discussion about this during the latter stages of last season.

The vast majority agreed that he deserved it, regardless weither YooVée won the CL or not.

And he won. So what's the damn problem?

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
what makes think that sheva did not deserve it? form january 2003 when he came back from injury he was milan's biggest weapon. u remember him agains't real madrid? you remember his serie a goal's? u remember who put inter out of champion's leauge? you rember who shot the penalty agains't juve in old trafford and made milan european champion's? u remember the european supercup agains't porto u remember who scored the only goal that granted milan the prestigious trophy and who was voted man of the match. and then u know that he scored 12 goal's so far in europe's strongest leauge serie a? u rember that his goal agains't ajax in cl granted milan the next champion's leauge phase? u sure do remember those thing's and many other thing's but it is another thing how u accept them ;) and that is why i call your post's stupid and joking ones.

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mad4milan wrote:
I remember we had a discussion about this during the latter stages of last season.

The vast majority agreed that he deserved it, regardless weither YooVée won the CL or not.

And he won. So what's the damn problem?

the damn problem? i don't think that henry should have been before paolo or sheva :head:

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
It could be argued whose posts are more stupid. Get it through your head that it is an annual award to honour the European Player of the Year. Of course, that player coming in top should actually have had a season worth mentioning + not a season to forget like Sheva had in 2002/03. Sorry if this is a concept you don't understand, but then... maybe... it would have been wiser to say nothing than to talk through your ass.

For further reference: I'm not a 3-legged one.

you may want to have a look at this http://forum.acmilan-online.com/viewtopic.php?t=12

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
There is no problem with this one as opposed to last year's selection. Nedved is a world class performer for both club and country. I have always maintained we were highly fortunate that he fouled his way out of the CL final. This is a well deserved award for a player who has enjoyed some amazing feats over the years (Euro 96 final, Nazio Scudetto, Euro Supercup, ect, ect). Excellent choice that in all hopnestly, really can't be questioned. By far Europe's best player in 2003.....BY FAR.

Maldini finishing third is amazing. Yeah, argue if you will, but personally when Baresi finished second in....shit, whatever year......I felt he deserved it, but this one is unquestionable. By the way....I would rather finish third than second. :) There is your consolation.

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio
Yeah he's had a great few years as said above. Also his actions was a major reason why Milan won the champions league ;)

No complaints.

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
Fair Enough

at least this system is a better judgement than the FIFA 'award' - Ronaldo not even in the top ten :D

Shevchenko is surprising. But he has had an amazing start to this season, and finished off last season well..

However i have a feeling if Maldini played for Juventus he would have won this year.. :D :tongue:

My congratulations to the humble Czech of Turin :cool:

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Il Capitano has certainly won more trophies then Nedved this year! The CL at first, the European Super Cup and the Italian Cup, but that doesn't seem enough to convince them :rolleyes: The fact that he came after Henry as third is a joke 'cause Henry just won that FA whatever Cup which is simply a quarter of what Capitano has won last year :o

Anyway, even though I hate to say this but in spite of the fact that we beat them in CL, Nedved missed that final and technically he's a good player who led his NT to Euro 2004 ...

Yet of course, not as good as Capitano!!

FORZA MALDINI!

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I guess it's deserved..Nedved was absolutely vital in Juve's campaign and also carried his fantastic form with him on the national stage for the Czech's..a brilliant player that was well worth Juve's sale of Zidane...

Henry in 2nd isn't unfair either..considering that he is another of those incredibly gifted players..he did have a great part ot play in Arsenal's season..and has begun this season in fantastic form as well..i can't forget those freekicks of his last season..especially his goals against Roma in Rome which..as i could see..totally broke all Roman hearts..they still applauded him though..great player...

Paolo in 3rd is deserved..no question his leadership was of prime importance in our CL winning campaign..though i'd prefer not to grant Paolo the honour of leading Milan to the Coppa..as quite naturally this Cup belongs to the Milan reserves who played an excellent Coppa season...

Sheva in 4th? Quite lucky i think..he did have a great run-in in the latter stages of the season..and has exploded this season with amazing form and loads of goals..but it is still a bit questionable how he got right up there in 4th and Pippo sits at 22nd..when arguably Pippo was our most important player up front and carried much of the burden for our CL winning campaign...

Maldini3

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Old Man
Congratulation to Nedved , minus all my bias , I believe him deserves it most for his individual outperformance to all Juve's rivals( Milan isnt there ;) ) in CL last year :) but then 2nd must be Maldini imho .

Golden ball race is counted til this Nov , so that if Henry-a trophy-less one last season but in good form now can get the 2nd , then Sheva- with his CL cup plus damn many goals so far this season gets the 4th is no surprise if not better on paper , oh well , Sheva and serie A are not that well-known .

But hey i can face the reality , above all favor ppl have for offensive players , then when Maldini gets 123 points not far compared to Henry-the so-called number 1 striker and Nedved , it's clear that there are still plenty ppl who can understand the football's art is not scoring only , and appreciate him he was so great LAST SEASON (stop talking as if he is begging for this award for life time achivement pls , it makes me sick , especially if you are a Milan fan , one that is supposed to be able to watch , and watch carefully all Milan's matches last season :rolleyes: )

FORZA MALDINI!

PS :And how could Nesta not in the top 10 ? :conf:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
I'm not unsatisfied with the results. Pavel Nedved had a great season, maybe his best. He had the chance to prove himself to the world and he did.

Henry on 2nd, well yeah... or 1st. I would say they're even.

Ballon d'Or winner Nedved: Arsenal's Henry deserved it
tribalfootball.com - December 23, 2003

Juventus star Pavel Nedved says Arsenal's Thierry Henry deserved this year's Ballon d'Or.
The Czech Republic ace was crowned European Footballer of the Year yesterday, but said: "For me, Thierry Henry is the best forward in the world now.

"I am very happy. I did not think I would beat Thierry Henry, Paolo Maldini or Zinedine Zidane and if I had voted I would have voted for Thierry and for the other players on the podium.

"I am very happy for myself, my wife, my children and country but I don't know how I beat Thierry Henry or Zinedine Zidane."

Nedved paid tribute to his Juve teammates: "With the Czech Republic and Juventus I have made great progress.

"I think that the Ballon d'Or is also in honour to my country and to Juventus. I must thank my team-mates - it is the eighth time a Juventus player has won it."

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
Maldini would have won the golden bal years ago if he would be an (attacking) midfielder or attacker. When is the last time that a defender (or goalkeeper) won that trofee.

But I can agree with the fact that Nedved is number 1, a great player and Henry had a great season also, so i can live with the results

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Read what Totti says about it. I think he's asking for Milan and Juve to win at the Olimpico in the New Year.

Totti sets sights on 2004 awards Tuesday 23 December, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The campaign has already started to see Francesco Totti named Player of 2004, but the Roma captain insists Pavel Nedved was not a worthy winner.

“Nedved did not deserve the Balon d’Or,” he stated after the Juventus man was voted top European Player of the Year.

“I realise Nedved did some very good things this year,” he told radio station ‘Rete Sport’, “but on a technical level there are better players out there.”

The winner took Juventus took a second successive title, the Champions’ League Final and helped the Czech Republic to a surprise qualification for the European Championships.

“I think that this award should have gone to someone who is able to entertain the fans,” continued Totti.

“I am not said that I did not win. It can only act as a spur to do even better this season with both Roma and the Azzurri.”

However, the Capital hero did reveal a few choice views on the current status of the European players.

“I would have given the award to Ruud van Nistelrooy,” he explained, “but I would have been in the top three along with Thierry Henry.”

“Someone even gave a FIFA award vote to Gennaro Gattuso and quite frankly I’m worried about that Coach’s state of mind.”

The Giallorossi captain did not receive a single vote for the FIFA World Player of the Year, but some Coaches claim that will soon change.

Roma boss Fabio Capello stated this week that his talent is “on a par with Zinedine Zidane.”

Now French legend Michel Platini has come out in support of Totti’s bid to win personal honours.

“In the years that do not include a World Cup the players who win these awards tend to show their worth in the Champions’ League,” explained the former Juventus man.

“With Roma’s lack of European success it was inevitable that Totti would not be included. But with the Euro 2004 tournament he has his chance to really make his mark on the international stage.”

It has been claimed that Totti will never win a major honour while he is with Roma and the captain commented on his future.

“I would only ever leave here for Real Madrid,” he announced, “but before that I must win another two or three titles with Roma.”

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
What do all the Golden Ball nominees have in common? They're all winners.

Sorry, but delicate chips against Serie A also rans isn't going to seal the Golden Ball for you, Totti mate.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Totti is a worthy ballon d'or winner, and I am sure he will capture one in the next three years. Although......it will be very hard to do at a club like Roma. For instance, Owen won this award at Liverpool after winning the Worthless Cup, the FA cup, and the UEFA cup (None of them have handles). Grant it, Roma have faired better in League play than Liverpool have this year, but given their domestic league rivals, they are very much similar, and it would take some feats at the club level for Totti to be given such an award. Obviously Euro 2004 presents another chance for Pupone to shine.

Buona Fortuna Pupone :)

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
well until now totti was one of my favourites player's. but from now on :head: i just can't believe what he said. he is just pissed that his club are playing only in italy and he is desperate to win something so he think's that he should blame everyone else. he said that the award should have been given to a player that is able to to entertain fan's and he said that he would give the award to nistelroy. so let's see if it is a player that entertain fan's it is thiery henry. ruud nistelroy is a kind of player that plays for the team he just get's the ball and put it on the net similar to pippo. while thiery is able to make anything with the ball and still lead on the goal chart's. than about rino what he said i'm really pissed of. i mean it's only his personal opinion but people should realise that the award is given for player's not depending on the position they play. it can be given to defender's, goalkeeper's striker's, attacking and defensive miedflder's etc. so in this case i think that rino deserved more than one vote just knowing what he did for milan, his games, his form and everything. i just can't believe what totti said :head:

savicevic10

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
To say what Totti said is deeply disrespectful to what is a worthy winner. Possibly unlike the FIFA player of the year.

True, Totti is a gifted player but Nedved is hardly a boring player to watch and some of his performances for Juve over the year have been outstanding including the EC semi final against Real.

For all his gifts Totti has yet to shine on the biggest stage of all and to begrudge someone who has I think is just uncalled for.

I hope we smack the shit out of Roma in January. They're starting to act like they're the first team in the world to win some football matches.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
savicevic10 said:
Read what Totti says about it. I think he's asking for Milan and Juve to win at the Olimpico in the New Year.

Totti sets sights on 2004 awards Tuesday 23 December, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The campaign has already started to see Francesco Totti named Player of 2004, but the Roma captain insists Pavel Nedved was not a worthy winner.

“Nedved did not deserve the Balon d’Or,” he stated after the Juventus man was voted top European Player of the Year.

“I realise Nedved did some very good things this year,” he told radio station ‘Rete Sport’, “but on a technical level there are better players out there.”

The winner took Juventus took a second successive title, the Champions’ League Final and helped the Czech Republic to a surprise qualification for the European Championships.

“I think that this award should have gone to someone who is able to entertain the fans,” continued Totti.

“I am not said that I did not win. It can only act as a spur to do even better this season with both Roma and the Azzurri.”

However, the Capital hero did reveal a few choice views on the current status of the European players.

“I would have given the award to Ruud van Nistelrooy,” he explained, “but I would have been in the top three along with Thierry Henry.”

“Someone even gave a FIFA award vote to Gennaro Gattuso and quite frankly I’m worried about that Coach’s state of mind.”

The Giallorossi captain did not receive a single vote for the FIFA World Player of the Year, but some Coaches claim that will soon change.

Roma boss Fabio Capello stated this week that his talent is “on a par with Zinedine Zidane.”

Now French legend Michel Platini has come out in support of Totti’s bid to win personal honours.

“In the years that do not include a World Cup the players who win these awards tend to show their worth in the Champions’ League,” explained the former Juventus man.

“With Roma’s lack of European success it was inevitable that Totti would not be included. But with the Euro 2004 tournament he has his chance to really make his mark on the international stage.”

It has been claimed that Totti will never win a major honour while he is with Roma and the captain commented on his future.

“I would only ever leave here for Real Madrid,” he announced, “but before that I must win another two or three titles with Roma.”

I think I'm the one worried about Totti's status of mind or perhaps these statements are an opening to publish a new joke book :tongue:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Re. Totti

Just some sour grapes considering he didn't even get one vote in the World Player of the Year thingy + not many more now either. After all, he is a skilled + gifted player, unarguably Italy's best. But this is his season + I'm sure we'll see him rank a lot higher in those lists next year. :D

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Nedved had a great season and he deserved but not more than Paolo.
My own best player of the season remains Paolo Maldini.I am surprised by the rank of superpippo.Come on,he had a unforgetable + best season of his career and was best Italian striker by far.
On Sheva's rank:i agree with Juninho-Paulista.I am glad for our players.
Congrats Paolo,Sheva,Sandro,Pippo and company and keep it up + wish anyone of you will settle the argument by winning the award.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Kyara said:
I think I'm the one worried about Totti's status of mind or perhaps these statements are an opening to publish a new joke book :tongue:

But the fact remains "Totti is the best Italian player"
BTW the perfect writer for a joke book has got to be Ronaldo... :D

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_my_love said:
But the fact remains "Totti is the best Italian player"

Maybe in your opinion :)

milan_my_love said:
BTW the perfect writer for a joke book has got to be Ronaldo... :D

I don't think he's got that sense of humour :tongue: And anyway I mentioned the joke book thing as Totti already has one!

Schedule