Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Do we proceed with this thread or a new one is to be made

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Proceed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
4th if we win.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Piyontek to be in Romagnoli's pocket?

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We haven't actually been 4th any time during last few seasons right?

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I guess 4-4-2 again with same line up as Sampdoria match except Abate in for the injured Calabria. Either that or back to 4-3-3 if Hakan and Jack are back as I don't see Rino dropping Jack if he is fit.

I think the conundrum that we have is that we need a front two. Higuain played especially well with a partner who he can link up with. Cutrone is excellent both at the link up and the finishing. Castillejo can get there as well. If we get Ibra during the winter break we will have enough personnel up front with Borini and Tsadjout as emergency back ups or rever to single striker.

Suso needs to be accommodated as our player who can conjure something out of nothing, our assist king - and he can only play wide right. He does not defend that much and his workrate isn't great but he is trying this season to do so.

Someone mentioned the asymmetric 4-3-3 ala the French World Cup winning team earlier this year. Laxalt is good in this position but is not used to moving inward so much - he improved in the second half. Jack or Hakan try, but they wouldn't be able to provide as much cover for midfield.

Biglia needs to be in front of the defence in a screening role and Kessie needs to protect that gap in between of Musacchio and the right back.

All in all, it would be great if we could play a 4-5-2. But of course we can't.

I hate back threes and I don't think Rino could manage it, and Romagnoli was not comfortable with it during the first half of last season, and we would lose RR's attacking skills if he was on the left of a back three, but if you think about it, Musacchio, Caldara and Zapata can all play in a back three so an asymmetric 3-5-2 might actually work for the players we have if Rino could figure it out.

Never liked 3 at the back though - I just wonder what is the best way to accommodate our best players. When Paqueta comes it would be difficult to shoe-horn him into the 4-4-2.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
DqwQIPBX0AAke-K.jpg

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
could borini be better at CM than bakayoko...?? :balo2:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
If Rino will get sacked this season, it's because of Bakayoko. He should avoid him like poison

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
1. Abate (love Ignazio to death) starting against Genoa and most likely against Udinese
2. Bakayoko might start against Genoa

84af15a67da96b36874c17f8a4f6bdce.jpg

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Didn't Musakio play RB a couple of games last season?

I think that would be the best choice. He's also the better of all our CBs going forward and would cover the gap we usually have on the right wing.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
@1
there is a universal soldier who can play rb ...

225524633-b49edd71-8789-4e6e-9b51-29c36cc669cc.jpg

Love, Fabio! Man has given everything he has, every single time he has stepped on the pitch. Barring CB & GK, I think he has played in every other position. His skill level is up for debate but can't ask more from anyone.
<3

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Should be a comfortable victory, but watch out for Piatek and Bessa.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If we continue with 2 midfielders instead of 3, Bakayoko might not be a bad idea. His game is much more suited to that. More space, won't get crowded out and no fancy inserting mezz'ala runs required. Simple basic 4-4-2 midfield role.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Love, Fabio! Man has given everything he has, every single time he has stepped on the pitch. Barring CB & GK, I think he has played in every other position. His skill level is up for debate but can't ask more from anyone.
<3
Yeah, too bad he is useless in every position.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
If we continue with 2 midfielders instead of 3, Bakayoko might not be a bad idea. His game is much more suited to that. More space, won't get crowded out and no fancy inserting mezz'ala runs required. Simple basic 4-4-2 midfield role.

Didn't Bakayoko play 4-4-2 at Monaco? Let's see how this pans out..