The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 11-01-2019, 13:43   #14801
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

Suso felt recurrence of the groin problem he had in the recent weeks this morning and should not be called up for the game against Sampdoria, according to Sky.

Sky add that Suso should be back for the game against Genoa on January 21 in Serie A

Signature
🔴⚫️ The Sleeping Giant Is About To Be Woken 🔴⚫️

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 13:44   #14802
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donato View Post
Laxalt has been horrible, I still think his position is LB and would be serviceable there if given a run of games.

Rodriguez has been really reliable this season though so he’s never going to settle at LB unless Rodriguez gets injured
I actually think LWB or LW is better suited for him.

He is terrible defensively, whether positioning or timing. And his best attributes are his pace and being able to get up and down the flanks.

I still remember when we played Genoa and we had that horrible player Ocampos who was just able to burn Laxalt time and time again with his size and speed

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 13:58   #14803
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario View Post
Agreed, and he's actually played well until that game with Juve where everything went wrong... Not to mention the team falling apart with key injuries like Biglia

People are too busy slating Gonzalo whilst I'm here hoping he stays and does better in the second half of the season and with our injured players back and hopefully some reinforcements, an in from Higuain would help us so much in securing 4th

Anyone that has seen this guy says he's not good enough for

Maaaaan this mercato fucking sucks
Higuain is a world class striker and we’re lucky to have him. To think we went from Kalinic to Gonzalo in one season and people are still complaining Put Messi/Ronaldo in our current team and I doubt they’d do any better. Give him what he’s used to (i.e. top coach/teammates) and watch him score for fun again.
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:02   #14804
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Put Messi/Ronaldo in our current team and I doubt they’d do any better.
Is this your final answer?

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:02   #14805
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrki View Post
Mn, we will go to Tas and in 3-6 months the case is done. Wtf???
Gae: striiiiiike!
Alo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:02   #14806
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
thats exactly why he came on loan so he could easily jump ship. he came here because no one else wanted him(i mean wanted to pay as much as we did for transfer and his salary of course) and at juve he would be relegated to bench.

Yeah because that’s exactly what he wants during the best years of his career...bouncing around from team to team without any clear goals or ambition. Btw, if nobody besides us wanted him this season, what makes you think somebody else will when he’s a year older and coming off a ‘bad’ season?
Old 11-01-2019, 14:06   #14807
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

Paqueta could debut for Milan from the start against Sampdoria in Coppa Italia, according to Milannews.it

Some positive news

Signature
🔴⚫️ The Sleeping Giant Is About To Be Woken 🔴⚫️

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:06   #14808
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso, Cutrone.

I was excited to get Higuain, altough he's never been a player I've liked very much he's shown that he can score goals. But I don't think "we're lucky to have him" because other than a couple of games he's been pretty bad. More part of the problem than a solution. The excuse that the rest of the team is bad doesn't hold up either because when you get a player of his caliber you expect him to help the rest of the team raise their level.

Seems to me that his problems are mental and he isn't cut out to carry a team like we expect him to - Leonard made a mistake in bringing him here (a mistake anyone would've made give the chance).

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:08   #14809
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloAgain View Post
when you have to defend a player, you call our squad shit. but when you want to bash coach or some other players, same squad becomes CL material somehow. interesting.
Just because our squad is shit doesn’t mean it’s not CL material and better than 16 other teams in Italy. Especially considering we’ve spent several hundred million reinforcing it over the past two seasons. Nice try though

Last edited by Kojak; 11-01-2019 at 14:28.
Old 11-01-2019, 14:09   #14810
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by vB9 View Post
Y stop at UEFA... y not blame FIFA?

UEFA came out commented: It was political.

Step by step
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:10   #14811
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Cut it with the sexist comments please, guys.
Did you just assume my gender ?
Neruda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:15   #14812
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
I was excited to get Higuain, altough he's never been a player I've liked very much he's shown that he can score goals. But I don't think "we're lucky to have him" because other than a couple of games he's been pretty bad. More part of the problem than a solution. The excuse that the rest of the team is bad doesn't hold up either because when you get a player of his caliber you expect him to help the rest of the team raise their level.

Seems to me that his problems are mental and he isn't cut out to carry a team like we expect him to - Leonard made a mistake in bringing him here (a mistake anyone would've made give the chance).
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:21   #14813
beegees
bathroom singer

Leo doesn't have much time during last mercato.
beegees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:27   #14814
Polotelli
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Romagnoli, Cutrone, Balotelli

Quote:

with that being said

Higuain was showing signs of being finished before we bought him. It was not wise to invest so much money in him and Ladri.
Polotelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:33   #14815
Congo Powers
elliott did 9/11

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

Leonard
Congo Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:33   #14816
beegees
bathroom singer

Leo is a great sporting director.
I remember he said every good sporting director normally need time to study and analyze their target.
With advise from their scout as well.

Leo only had less than a month on last mercato.
Please.. think about that
beegees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:36   #14817
Neo'82
Always On Point

Gazidis had an informal but important meeting with UEFA to explain the club and the ownership's stance from the CFCB Adjudicatory Chamber. Milan deem the three-year period to reach breakeven unfair. The meeting produced a will of mediation between the parties [@MilanNewsit]

The desire is to get in front of Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) with an agreement that would be ratified. The parties want to avoid a legal battle with an agreement that satisfies everyone. Further updates awaited [MilanNews]

Signature
Do not show yourself as a 6th place team. We do not accept that kind of position - Paolo Maldini -
Neo'82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:37   #14818
Kojak
CAPO DEI CAPI

Quote:

Lol can you blame him? Imagine playing for the worlds best teams and being coached by top manager’s to find yourself being instructed by that joker Gattuso and seeing Mauri, Monty and Bertofodder on a daily basis. Also, how’s he supposed to score regularly whilst being fed by the likes of Hakan’t, Mauri, Biglia and Kessie?

Btw he wasn’t supposed to solve our problems all by himself. That’s impossible and no single player can do that. Once we start signing players of a similar calibre and hire a coach who knows what he’s doing things will improve.
Old 11-01-2019, 14:41   #14819
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojak View Post
Lol can you blame him? Imagine playing for the worlds best teams and being coached by top manager’s to find yourself being instructed by that joker Gattuso and seeing Mauri, Monty and Bertofodder on a daily basis. Also, how’s he supposed to score regularly whilst being fed by the likes of Hakan’t, Mauri, Biglia and Kessie?

Btw he wasn’t supposed to solve our problems all by himself. That’s impossible and no single player can do that. Once we start signing players of a similar calibre and hire a coach who knows what he’s doing things will improve.
I agree with you to some degree, but Higuain has also missed a lot of sitters.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 14:41   #14820
Farry
Senior Team Member

News is both Milan and Juve rejected Chelsea’s advance for a Higuain loan.

If this is the case , I hope he does bounce back and starts earning his high salary and looking like the champion we hoped we got
Farry is offline   Reply With Quote