Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
After seeing the whole backlash and hearing all this whining from Tim and his fans, I must say:

I am so glad he got KTFO.

The way I see it, UFC hired cutman put too much vaseline on Yoel and Big John told Yoel to stay and clean it up. It's not like Tim didn't get that extra 24 seconds rest or that he was fighting during that time. Not to mention, Tim grabbed Yoel's gloves to control his hand and to daze him before Round 2 was over. That was dirty to say the least so Tim should just shut up and take it like a man.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
pump more juice

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
As for Conor, the hype is real boys. The guy is gonna take this division by storm, Chad mini mendez is getting his ass whooped up next.

" he's a midget body builder " :lol::lol::lol:

TheRealRonaldo

Primavera
Reaction score
conor is a beast.... no doubt he will dominate!

the ufc equivalent to 2004 ricky kaka... they may not know what he does now.... but they soon will!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Can this guy get anymore awesome?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
The guy is destined for gold:

Luke%2BRockhold%2BHead%2BKicks%2BMichael%2BBisping%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B55%2BUberlandia.gif

Luke%2BRockhold%2BGuillotine%2BChokes%2BMichael%2BBisping%2B-%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B55%2BUberlandia.gif

The one arm guillotine is pure bad assery.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Jacare vs Yoel Romero next. Middleweight division is at least interesting now.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cub Swanson :fp: guy actually thought he was championship material

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cub Swanson :fp: guy actually thought he was championship material

Nothing wrong with dreaming big mate. The guy is a high level gate keeper if you will, and there is no shame in that considering in what division he fights.

There's only 4 fighters better then him, and Frankie just happens to be one of them.

I want Edgar vs Gregor next for the title shot, that is going to be one awesome fight.

And on a last note, jesus how fucking good is Frankie? And when you consider he fought in the wrong weight class most of his life it makes it even more impressive.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with dreaming big mate. The guy is a high level gate keeper if you will, and there is no shame in that considering in what division he fights.

There's only 4 fighters better then him, and Frankie just happens to be one of them.

I want Edgar vs Gregor next for the title shot, that is going to be one awesome fight.

And on a last note, jesus how fucking good is Frankie? And when you consider he fought in the wrong weight class most of his life it makes it even more impressive.

Edgar is good but for most of his fights he also point fights, doesn't make him any less of a fighter, but just not my favorite style to watch.

Cub Swanson IMO never had a chance at title shot. He will forever be that guy in the title contender eliminating match, like you said, high level gatekeeper.

I think Dana and the UFC are very tempted to give Conner the title shot after he beats Siver. I actually want to see McGregor vs Lamas, someone who is a decent wrestler and will try to take the fight to the mat. I think Edgar deserves the next shot.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Edgar is good but for most of his fights he also point fights, doesn't make him any less of a fighter, but just not my favorite style to watch.

This applies to me as well. But he's still one of my favorite fighters, I just love the heart he showed against Maynard.

--

McGreggor vs Siver? wtf is that match up good for?

Just fucking cancel everything below lightweight please and move the good fighters up a class.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This applies to me as well. But he's still one of my favorite fighters, I just love the heart he showed against Maynard.

--

McGreggor vs Siver? wtf is that match up good for?

Just fucking cancel everything below lightweight please and move the good fighters up a class.

Yup. Lightweight is the lightest weight I am interested in. Featherweight only if it's a title fight, rest don't really care about.

Beating Siver proves fuxk all in terms of championship contention. It's so obvious UFC is looking for a marketable champ

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pettis is the new Anderson Silva, the guy is good everywhere.

LOL @ Khabib trying to highjack the presser after the event. Pettis is gonna kick him right into hibernation.

Robbie vs Jonny was a proper war. Shame it didn't last 10 more seconds, would have ended in a brutal k.o.

I feel sorry for Faber, the guy will always be number 2. Hope he beats Barao up next though.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hendrix gassed, and tried to win the rd by going for TD, I am glad judges are educated now enough to not just give someone a round based on the fact that they landed a take down in the end (UFC 58: USA vs Canada BJ vs GSP was a prime example). I know that was a long time ago but you still see fights nowadays with people doing that to win rounds.

Pettis is the real deal it seems. Melendez was a tough guy but in all honesty Melendez is not really a stand out in any particular field. He is a tough, gritty fighter but I was pretty sure he would lose to Pettis. Pettis has a medical suspension of 6 months though I hear, he will be out for awhile. I wonder what the LW picture will look like then.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
CM Punk!! What in the hell!!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hendrix gassed, and tried to win the rd by going for TD, I am glad judges are educated now enough to not just give someone a round based on the fact that they landed a take down in the end (UFC 58: USA vs Canada BJ vs GSP was a prime example). I know that was a long time ago but you still see fights nowadays with people doing that to win rounds.

Pettis is the real deal it seems. Melendez was a tough guy but in all honesty Melendez is not really a stand out in any particular field. He is a tough, gritty fighter but I was pretty sure he would lose to Pettis. Pettis has a medical suspension of 6 months though I hear, he will be out for awhile. I wonder what the LW picture will look like then.

That's wrong mate, GSP always landed shots when he was taking down fighters, he didn't just lay on them like Hendrix tried to do.

As for Punk, props to him for trying to live out his dream. Although its probably gonna end in tears and a lot of pills from the brutal beating he is going to get.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
That's wrong mate, GSP always landed shots when he was taking down fighters, he didn't just lay on them like Hendrix tried to do.

As for Punk, props to him for trying to live out his dream. Although its probably gonna end in tears and a lot of pills from the brutal beating he is going to get.

his dream was to mainevent wrestlemania (he failed).......this will quickly become a nightmare :lol:
in mma/boxing and other combat sports the fact that you can talk on the mic and have great interview skills means nothing if you "can't fight worth a lick"

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Mcgreggor on pro wrestling: I liked it when I was 3, this is real shit (mma) that's fake shit.

:lol: damn fake shit liker

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Mate, i provided the exact fight for my example and I never said he lay and prayed. GSP landed shots, but not in that fight. Maybe once or twice my point was for fighters using a take down to seal the round when in fact they were getting worked and a prime example was GSP round 2 of this fight.

CM Punk - its a shame. If we are doing freak shows in UFC now there are more interesting "freak show" fights.

Last edited:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Nice video of Cain Velasquez

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
90's is when that was still relevant :)

Cruz injured again, what a fucking blow.

A damn shame about Cruz, he looked awesome in his comeback fight too :fp:

Regarding the Royce vs Yoshida fight, that happened in 2002. Even then, they are a lot more relevant to the sport of MMA than someone like CM Punk.

I would actually love to see some special rules + freak show matches in UFC, it would break up these boring ass monotonous events we see 95% of the time.

Sir Crookodile

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SEEDORF, K.Honda, Mugen, PRINCE, Ibra, Balotelli, Niang
I haven't watched any fights past 5 months. Not been up to date at all...Hopefully I'll be able see cormier jones event. Any input of the card would be appreciated.

Also, I remember GSP struggling with BJ Penns dexterity (one leg :eek:) and couldn't get him off balance but he still won those fights. And I ain't buying that grease gate bs lol.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
Mcgreggor on pro wrestling: I liked it when I was 3, this is real shit (mma) that's fake shit.

:lol: damn fake shit liker

is that also around the time mcgregor realised he was homosexual.....it normally happens around 5 years old I hear :devilcon:

at that age I didn't realise I wet the bed.....sometimes I still dont :o

sick of joe "ufc ho" rogan kissing cain valasquez's ass by calling him the greatest heavyweight in ufc history :fp:
if cain is the greatest heaveyweight in ufc history then the ufc heavyweight division has been pathetic.
since winning the belt in 2010 cain has fought the same 2 dudes (JDS and bigfoot) even getting ko'ed by JDS the first time :fp:

it makes mma look weak if cain is the best by beating 2 dudes during his reign and ronda is the greatest female by beating miesha tate twice :fp:

Schedule