The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
Calabria is doing good, but i still fail to see anything special on him. Only time will tell if a bad form period will turn him into next De Sciglio.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
i like the shortening and the closing of transfer window before the season starts and i would even go as far as cancelling the January window or limit it to one just signing.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
i dont like a right foot LB, they will become predictable because most of the time they have to cut inside before crossing

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
i dont like a right foot LB, they will become predictable because most of the time they have to cut inside before crossing

But you still like left footed right winger and right footed left winger? Aren’t they predictable as well?

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
I think it’s less about predictability and more about ruining the momentum of attacks. When fullbacks get the ball to cross, a lot of the time they are overlapping when they get the ball and hit the cross first time. When they have to turn around to cross it removes one of the most dangerous elements from the fullbacks game (the cross from the byline on the overlap)

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
But you still like left footed right winger and right footed left winger? Aren’t they predictable as well?

different story, wingers can either left foot or right foot they are still good, because they can dribble, cross or make a play with fullbacks, they are the one who make play, the attack leads by them or i can say they have more freedom than a fullback
meanwhile, the job of a FB is always receives a pass, hug the lines and cross the ball, a FB doesnt have much time or space to cut inside all the time
a FB will be very limited if he cant use the foot on the same side he plays
btw ofc a right foot LB is still playable, but arent all WC LBs all left foot, very rare to see a WC LB with right foot

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

You shouldn't look at things like they are either black or white.

First of all, players are very different when it comes to using their weak foot (and such quality can be trained during the player's career).

Also, predictability has very little to do with the preference of a player to cut inside or go deep.

I would say Ricardo Rodriguez is very predictable attacking-wise, despite him being left footed.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
You shouldn't look at things like they are either black or white.

First of all, players are very different when it comes to using their weak foot (and such quality can be trained during the player's career).

Also, predictability has very little to do with the preference of a player to cut inside or go deep.

I would say Ricardo Rodriguez is very predictable attacking-wise, despite him being left footed.

well maybe i used a wrong word "predictable", it should be "limited"

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
meanwhile, the job of a FB is always receives a pass, hug the lines and cross the ball, a FB doesnt have much time or space to cut inside all the time
a FB will be very limited if he cant use the foot on the same side he plays
btw ofc a right foot LB is still playable, but arent all WC LBs all left foot, very rare to see a WC LB with right foot

A WC player usually plays where he can fully express his qualities and of course for the LB position, being left footed is an advantage.

But we are not talking about playing Cafu on the left.

My point is that there has been a lot of players who could do a fine job on both LB and RB due to good athleticism, tactical awareness and ability to use both feet.

Having one of them in the team is an advantage.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'm fairly certain Gattuso will rightly want Conti to prove in training that he's a better solution than Calabria at the moment. Till then, Calabria is the starter.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd want conti to be a sub for suso until the end of the season

that's only if he's fully healed tho, I'd prefer he sits out the rest of the season.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
That's actually an idea that sounds great on paper. I hope Gattuso will try that out in training.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Has conti played in the wing before? So excited to see him play soon. Only seen a few games of conti.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Honestly i think right footed players are suited to play LB
Its easier to cut in at different angles. Only issue would be with crossing. You would be required to switch the ball quickly on to your right foot to cross. That would be hard to do if you are running at pace towards to opposite end.

Legio IV GrintaBoyz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Calabria is doing good, but i still fail to see anything special on him. Only time will tell if a bad form period will turn him into next De Sciglio.

He's 20 years old and playing very well in a top 5 league. That's what makes him special. It's fair to assume that he will only get better with age.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Has conti played in the wing before? So excited to see him play soon. Only seen a few games of conti.

His superiority over other fullbacks is completely in the final 3rd. Cuts through defenders smoothly.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Calabria can cross, very good sometimes great. Is technical enough, fast, can repeat runs for 90min, still learning to defend but does it well 1 on 1. Is 20. What more do u need?

Conti can also insert in the box vetter and can pass his man better. Is 3 years older and was 20mln...

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We are certainly spoilt on the right fullback slot.. Left fullback though :fp:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
free transfer from english club-->flamini-->scudetto
free transfer from english club-->fellaini-->

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Status
Not open for further replies.