Gustavo Gómez Thread

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Did well but he's so awkward on the ball, makes me nervous every time he takes a touch.

Leptiran

Rumours-Morning shift
Reaction score
I was affraid that he is new Bonera but he was very decent last two games, especially if we take into account that he and Zapata never played together before

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Too hard on tackling, actually made 2 penalties... needs more playing time in serie a...

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think people are a bit harsh on him but I can understand as he is a huge gamble considering the limited funds we had last summer.

However, I hope we hang on to him as I think he can grow into a good player for us.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think people are a bit harsh on him but I can understand as he is a huge gamble considering the limited funds we had last summer.

However, I hope we hang on to him as I think he can grow into a good player for us.

A CB or defender cannot grow at all if he rots the bench in serie A. On the other hand with all the injuries, we need decent backups.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm kinda disappointed montella hasn't played this guy more. For some reason the return of Zapata completely pushed this guy aside. Gomez is a raw player but he obviously has skills to do well.

Something interesting about him I've noticed is that unfortunately for him, he always seems to be needed in our biggest games. That's tough to do in a new league, first time at a big club in Europe. And I think for the most part he's been fine. A couple really good games, maybe 1-2 bad games, and usually solid. I think one reason montella doesn't play him is that while he has decent technique, he doesn't have huge confidence on the ball yet in this team. Zapata and paletta are average or worse at passing, but comfortable on the ball in the center of the field after playing in the league for a while. That's the only reason I would think Gomez hasn't deserved more minutes. Zapata is so fucking slow on the ball though. I would like to see Gomez with romagnoli to close the season

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Insane skill GIF someone?

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
The replay made it so much better

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
t5wSp5N.gif

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
he looks like a natural in the 3 man backline

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
looked great today, I can see him getting solid minutes next season if we keep playing 3atb

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Romagnoli + Mustach-chio + Gomez.

It's gonna be boring season for Donnaruma with that wall.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
typical south american defender; can jump higher than cr7,strong,areal threat,aggressive. couple years in serie a and we ll have a beast

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
he looks like a natural in the 3 man backline

:thumbsup:

Before he gave me the impression of being a bit flimsy and scattered, something he somewhat made up for by being very dynamic. Yesterday he looked a lot more composed and natural.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

Before he gave me the impression of being a bit flimsy and scattered, something he somewhat made up for by being very dynamic. Yesterday he looked a lot more composed and natural.

He's actually much more confident when bringing the ball forward compare to Zapata.

Definitely gonna start next season if we play 3 man defense.

bigboss1963

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
typical south american defender; can jump higher than cr7,strong,areal threat,aggressive. couple years in serie a and we ll have a beast

Yea been loving his play recently. Looks like he's starting to settle. Always liked his aggressive style. Just needed to be polished and he's getting there. Having another south American like Matteo M should help him feel at home too

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very underrated, I think he can be a solid back up next season

Lord Snow

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
More than a Backup, three competitions next season, Rotating

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This man definitely has a future at Milan :thumbsup:

Let Bonucci tutor him

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Dosen´t look good for him, lost the battle for minutes to Zapata although RCB is his ideal position.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Dosen´t look good for him, lost the battle for minutes to Zapata although RCB is his ideal position.

I think that once the whole team gets used to 3-5-2, we will rotate even more. Paletta and Gomez should get minutes in Coppa and EL. No point to get our starters tired vs farmers.

Schedule