Mario Yepes Thread

who is ac milan's best player of the year?

• abiatti

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • ibrahimovic

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • thiago silva

Votes: 38 56.7%
  • robinho

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
yapes is Colombia captain if this is not considered as a top class defender i dont know what is! ... he is under rated because he is not a Brazilian or so if you what i mean .

I am ok with Yepes but being captain doesn't make one world class. Cannavaro is Italy captain and Kalazde is Georgian captain and both of em r useless atm. :D:D

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio

Last edited:

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Yepes will play for Milan
Tuesday 20 April, 2010
Chievo defender Mario Yepes has confirmed that he will be joining Milan this summer, even though the deal has yet to be done.

Milan's decision to sign the 34-year-old Colombian on a free transfer was leaked last month, but nothing was formally announced.

Speaking on French TV, Yepes said: “I have had many offers, but I can confirm that next season I will play for Milan, of this is I am certain.

“We await the end of the season to formalise everything,” he concluded.

Yepes' family already lives in Milan and he commutes to Verona by train every day.

He has been with Chievo for nearly two years now and became a fans' favourite last season when he helped keep the club in Serie A.

Pfft! A train with the common people! Just ask Dinho to take you in his private jet!

soulplane.jpg

soul-plane.jpg

Snoop_Dogg_-_SOUL_PLANE--large-msg-123492501665.jpg

123118__soul_l.jpg

Have a samba party on the way maybe?

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
I will reserve judgement until I find out wther or not its official.
Now that its official (more or less), I am not totally disappointend with it. He needs a haircut though.

adel

Primavera
Reaction score
I am ok with Yepes but being captain doesn't make one world class. Cannavaro is Italy captain and Kalazde is Georgian captain and both of em r useless atm. :D:D

to tell you the truth i think kaladze never recovered after the italy georgia game, he was attacked like hell by italian media and milan fans there when they should give him support to come back. no one forgive old players when they do mistakes for instance, if favali made the crazy bonera penalty the intire world will talk about how old milan is.
one other thing, i dont think cannavaro is useless he played all games with juve never made many errors and no juve fan is blaming him for their bad position its always zebena melo and diego that are criticised. if we had him we would be on top right now.
regards and forza milan

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, Yepes to sub Favalli and looks like Astori will sub Kala.

With someone to take Janku's role and also Albertazzi, we have a fair defense without spending too much.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I really cant believe ppl r agreeing with this deal.
The fucker will be FIFTY FIVE YEARS OLD next season & its pointless how good is he still.
FIFTY FIVE YEARS OLD :eek:
I would get this deal if we already signed two good + young CDs & Yepes is just a adidtion but its not the case.
May a volcano erupt in ur rotten asses G&B :o

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we actually sign Criscito ( 12 million ) as the only defender buy ( selling/loan/out of contract Favalli,Kalazde, Gooch,Oddo and Janko - 10 million + tons of saved salary) for cash fr the deal and then bring in Yepes, Astori and Albertazzi, still I'd be happy.

Then we'd have -

LB - Criscito, Antonini, Zambrotta, Albertazzi
CB - Nesta, Silva, Yepes, Bonera, Criscito, Albertazzi
RB - Abate, Antonini, Bonera, Zambrotta

with just 3 of them - Nesta, Yepes and Zambrotta over 30 and I am fine with that. If we get Bale instead of Criscito it would be fine too.

Billsyboy1986

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Nesta, Van Basten, Ronaldo (R9)
I can't believe people are thinking we're gonna sign a world-class CB ASWELL as this guy.. LOL. This is it guys. Our defensive signings are done. Maybe we'll get a fullback to cover the departures.. but that's IT. He's our 3rd choice CB for next season. Anyone else coming in will be young, inexperienced and there for the future.. We'll probably promote Albertazzi, and bring back Astori.

Oh and Yepes is gonna be 35. Yay. At least he'll bring the average age down from 40 to 39.
We're not gonna be getting anyone else to backup Nesta, cos the champion Onyewu will be fit for next season! Yes.
He is still alive.. :proud:

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
The fucker will be FIFTY FIVE YEARS OLD next season & its pointless how good is he still.
I would get this deal if we already signed two good + young CDs & Yepes is just a adidtion but its not the case.

Are you sure about his age? :D

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
there is a transfer ban after signing Yepes? :conf:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
calm down people, they are trying to find replacements for favalli & inzaghi...yepes, it's done deal..trezegay, maybe..quality signings will come after that.

i hope :D

adel

Primavera
Reaction score
any way yepes is a welcome addition, also i dont think that inter defenders are young but look where they are now ? zanetti is 37 cordoba is 33 lucio is 32 and Walter Samuel is 32 .... maybe some of you guys should consider supporting arsinal instead !!!! and just to tease you guys ... god bless B&G;)

Ratzaroony

Kaka Fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Kaka, Van Basten, Sheva, Antonini, Nesta, Ibra, Oddo, Donnarumma
calm down people, they are trying to find replacements for favalli & inzaghi...yepes, it's done deal..trezegay, maybe..quality signings will come after that.

i hope :D

I thought Inzaghi was getting a new contract?

adieet

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
supermario yepes !
another supermario could come ?

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
The question is not who he's replacing ... or whether he is indeed a competent defender. The question is why are we following the same stop-gap transfer policies, when it is evident it hasn't been working of late? And if finances are an issue, how did the likes of Pique and Agger start off in their respective big clubs? Were they earning millions?

We need fresh new players for the next generation of Milan players. Whats going to happen is that both Nesta and Yepes will have to be replaced at the same time ... this signing is just procrastinating the inevitable + in the long run, another step backwards.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Yepes: "Glad to begin the adventure Rossoneri"

Yepes: "Glad to begin the adventure Rossoneri"

05/26/2010 19:15 by Vincenzo Vasta
Source: Study Sport

a291c76b72968836c118f55bc8acc4d8-67549-1274872793.jpeg

© photo by Federico De Luca

The Rossoneri's first purchase, Mario Yepes, interviewed by Charles Pellegatti for Studio Sport, puts it this way at Milan: "I am pleased to begin this new adventure. There are many stars and I hope to do the best for this society that strives for great goals" .
On this stormy Rossoneri, the Colombian said: "I know from the situation, so I prefer not to comment." The captain of Colombia, will join the group with AC Milan from July 1. To underline the fact that Colombian Yepes is the first player in the history of Milan.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There were some reports on berlu TV today about favalli possibly getting a extension.:conf::conf:

Either berlus own media is making fun of this club or we are officially in the race 4 building the oldest club in ftball history ever!:proud::rolleyes:

Arie_14

The Athlete
Reaction score
How bad is his injury? i am affraid he cant go back to his Chievo's level when playing with us next season... :(

Schedule