The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

View Poll Results: What do you make of our transfer campaign so far?
We haven't done much, but the management know what they're doing. I trust them. 80 34.93%
Very disappointing. I thought we'd be much more swifter. 123 53.71%
Other 26 11.35%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2008, 17:24   #341
DSM
AC Milan Legend

The idiot writting this has obviously no knowledge of Milan at all. He has just made himself look like a moron with no knowledge at all. Flamini was signed by Milan because Arsenal had no respect for him at all, Wenger thought nothing of him.

What a total idiot this guy is Milan have the best & most patient fans around & treat their players so well it is untrue.
DSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 20:59   #342
ecI
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atishay Agarwal
Maybe it’s the regular and impatient sacking of coaches and selling of players, which lures new players to these clubs?

Clubs like Manchester United, Arsenal, or Liverpool, which have been winning trophies regularly for the last century as well, and above all, they treat their players with care and respect, run their respective clubs in a clean and organized manner, and have a set of loyal fans, who stick by the team through thick and thin. Never does a matchday go by without all the seats filling up, and never do the fans fail to make a great atmosphere on it, even if they were playing Derby County!
Yeah, so when was the last time we sacked a coach? Liverpool got Benitez in 2004, we've had Ancelotti since 2001. I'll sing to the choir and say this article is shit.
ecI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 21:26   #343
Milanista10
FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi

if anything, he could have said chelsea and real madrid. Milan doesn't do that. what a fkn moron. wow.

Signature

Massimo Oddo: winner of the 2007 Rocky Marciano award for Abruzzese athlete of the year
Milanista10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 21:52   #344
Tsar
Banned

Milan DO attempt that sort of shit, its just unlike Real Madrid and Barca they fail every single time. He should have included a 3rd special Milan way of doing transfers, or not doing transfers as the case may be:

Quote:
2) I call this the ‘Real Madrid way’. My sincere apologies to Barcelona who can easily claim this method to be theirs, but in my view Madrid were the creators of this method, and are still the best practitioners of it. This is a relatively longer process, in the sense that if the respective club wants to sign a particular player at the end of the season, the process begins somewhere between January-March, or even earlier in a few cases! It starts with the club, let’s say Real Madrid, publicly stating that they like the player, let’s say X, and would love him at Madrid. This is where the print media takes over, and starts the rumour mills, with the number of related articles per day increasing as time goes by. In fact, in Madrid’s case, they have their own ‘pet’ newspaper Marca, who they use cleverly all through the season to put opposition players down. Marca talks up the club, publishes a number of false and untrue reports, and tries to unsettle X even more. By the end of the season, this whole charade goes into overdrive, with the Madrid officials and even their footballers (!) giving interviews left, right and center. X feels so wanted by the Spanish giants, and so tempted by Spain as a country (Not to mention the flattering wages on offer), that he suddenly feels like leaving his club. Madrid then makes their offer, which is usually inflated, and the club which owns X decides to sell, as they get good money for it, and for the sake of not keeping an ‘unsettled’ player. Not that it always works, but this is the basic logic behind the whole method.
Milan way:

Quote:
3) I call this the ‘AC Milan way'. In my view Milan were the creators of this method, and are the only practitioners of it because its ******ed. This is a relatively longer process, in the sense that if Milan wants to sign a particular player at the end of the season, the process begins somewhere between January-March, or even earlier in a few cases! It starts with Adriano Galliani publicly stating that he likes the player, let’s say Mr 35+, and would love him at Milan. This is where the print media takes over, and starts the rumour mills, with the number of related articles per day increasing as time goes by. In fact, in Milan's case, they have their own ‘pet’ newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, who they use cleverly all through the season to put referee's down. Gazzetta talks up the club, publishes a number of false and untrue reports, and tries to unsettle Mr 35+ even more. By the end of the season, this whole charade goes into overdrive, with Galliani and even the footballers (!) giving interviews left, right and center. Mr 35+ feels indifferent to the has been's and is in no way tempted by the less than flattering wages on offer, he doesn't feel like leaving his club. Milan then makes their offer, which is always stupidly low, and the club which owns Mr 35+ decides to ignore such an idiotic offer, as they get good money from a serious club. It never works, but there is no basic logic behind the whole method.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 21:53   #345
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

written by a fucking epl fan

Last edited by Ashish; 16-07-2008 at 06:52.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:09   #346
kevin_dk
AC Milan Icon

If we don't manage to find a decent keeper like the old Dida from 2003 to 2007. We will never go back to another winning period like the one we had in the last 5 years.
kevin_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:15   #347
ecI
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Maldini, Van Basten, Pippo, Nesta, Baresi, C. Vela, Kaka, Ochoa, Antonini, Pato, T. Silva

I not only trust Borriello, I also trust Abbiati, so I say no need for keepers

Signature
TS+KVP <33333
ecI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:45   #348
Riccardo
AAAARGGHH!!!!

Fav. Players: Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecI
I not only trust Borriello, I also trust Abbiati, so I say no need for keepers

I trusted in Gilardino. Look where that got me.

Signature
Riccardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:19   #349
Boban1982
Scudetto 18

From from Galliani and how were £35 million in the red and still investing in the team.

If we had invested the summer after the champions league win we wouldnt be in this position now and would have qualified for the CL.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...lia/jul6e.html
Boban1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 15:55   #350
Jivara
Forza Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_dk
If we don't manage to find a decent keeper like the old Dida from 2003 to 2007. We will never go back to another winning period like the one we had in the last 5 years.
thats true, goalkeeper is 50% of the team, you must have a good keeper to be able to win things, thats why barca arent winning as much as they should valdez is horrible. i hope abbiatti and kalac step up to the challenge, or dida returns to his old self, we changed the goalkeeping trainers so maybe thats a sign
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 11:36   #351
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

Blog: Milan mutiny

Silvio Berlusconi’s thriftiness in the transfer market is frustrating the Milan faithful and James Horncastle believes it could be time for a change of ownership

Tired of their club’s lacklustre performance in the transfer market, disgruntled Milan fans started a petition last week, calling on Silvio Berlusconi to “sell the club and restore pride to Milanisti.” A total of 9,830 people had signed it at the time of writing, not a great amount of people [12 per cent of the San Siro’s capacity], but enough to make a noise. The question is are they justified in asking Il Cavaliere to step aside after 22 glorious years at the club?

When Berlusconi was elected Italy’s Prime Minister for the third time on May 8, the Rossoneri faithful were surely in little doubt as to what that would mean for their club. With the Italian economy growing at less than a percentage point and a rubbish crisis besieging Napoli, Berlusconi can hardly afford to be seen frittering away money on his plaything when the rest of the country is in need of a helping hand.

A self-sustainable Milan that made a profit would make extravagant spending more palatable to the Italian electorate. But only £49.6m or 33 per cent of Milan’s total revenue is self-generated and most of that goes towards servicing its debts. Moreover, Berlusconi’s companies, like Fininvest, are forbidden from pouring money into the club, because such investments represent a conflict of interest.

Add into the mix Milan’s failure to qualify for this season’s edition of the Champions League and it’s unsurprising Vice-President Adriano Galliani has been working on the cheap. So, what should Berlusconi do? Sell up? Such a suggestion would have fallen on deaf ears a year ago. Milan were champions of Europe. They have, after all, won 26 major trophies under his stewardship.

But, as the petitioners say: “What we have won in the last two year has been the fruit of miracles performed by the players. You cannot, however, live on miracles and luck forever.” And Milan appear to be continuing to do just that. Four of the Rossoneri’s seven ‘acquisitions’ are players returning from loan. Almost £6m was spent buying back 50 per cent of Marco Borriello’s contract from Genoa, a player who, despite lighting up last year’s championship with the Grifone, has made 31 appearances for Milan since 1998 and only scored four goals.

Mathieu Flamini and Gianluca Zambrotta aside, it’s not good enough. Milan have a central defence with a combined age of 72 and no established No 1 behind them, yet Berlusconi and Galliani insist on landing either Ronaldinho or Emmanuel Adebayor for a stupid amount of money. Why? To prove they’ve still got it, that they can still compete with Real Madrid and Manchester United in the spending stakes. Sadly, that just isn’t the case anymore.
dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 12:28   #352
siatanhai
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,

i wouldnt go that far to agree with that but i do agree that we no longer can compete for the top players or even with the up and coming prospects anymore
i do agree adebayor is a ok signing and that there are many better options
i think now we simply just wait for players to become available then we start the year long negotiation process by which time another club has come in an stolen the player, the top teams go to other teams and sign their bestest most needed players, likes of madrid, barca, chelsea, man utd, inter all do this but yet we seem uncapable
siatanhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 06:32   #353
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Whit r10 now..im gonna say this transfer season was not as bad as i thought it would be,i would like a new gk..but i guess were gonna give dida another try.

Signature
New Era version 8+
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 12:13   #354
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

We spent 36.5 Million, and recieved 29 million euros this transfer window.

Bought

Zambrotta - 8.5
Borriello - 7.0
Ronaldinho - 21.0
Flamini - Free
Abate - player exchange
Abbiati - Loan spell end
Coppola - Loan spell end
Antonini - ?

Sold/Loaned

Gilardino - 14 - Fiorentina
Oliveira - 10 - Zaragoza
Sammarco - 2.5 - Sampdoria
Grimi - 2.5 - Sporting
Di Gennaro - Genoa (Part of Borriello deal ?)
Legati - Monaco (Loan)
Storari - Fiornetina (Loan)
Pierre Aubameyang - Dion (Loan)
Gourcuff - Bordeaux - (Loan)
Luca Antonelli - Parma (?)
Marzoratti - Empoli (Player Exchange)
Ronaldo - (relased/end of contract)

and..

Cafu, Fiori, Serginho, Ba - End of career.

Last edited by Bes; 16-07-2008 at 12:20.
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 13:11   #355
edika_kaka
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Kaka,Steven Defour

yeahhh..
finally we signed ronaldinho...
thats a good news..

and we need young and fresh goalkeeper and defender..
we rule the transfer market
edika_kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 13:17   #356
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

Inzaghi is injury prone, what will happen if Pato gets injured...we'll depend on Borriello, obviously we won't get new GK and i think we can use them (Kalac/Dida) another season but what about new CB or do you think Bonera/Nesta/Kaladze will be enough? I hope Antonini impress us on that left side..

Last edited by dev1L; 16-07-2008 at 13:21.
dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 17:45   #357
Fret21
Banned

Fav. Players: Zidane

I agree.....some defenders..pronto
Fret21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 22:56   #358
Cristina
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes
We spent 36.5 Million, and recieved 29 million euros this transfer window.

Bought

Zambrotta - 8.5
Borriello - 7.0
Ronaldinho - 21.0
Flamini - Free
Abate - player exchange
Abbiati - Loan spell end
Coppola - Loan spell end
Antonini - ?

Sold/Loaned

Gilardino - 14 - Fiorentina
Oliveira - 10 - Zaragoza
Sammarco - 2.5 - Sampdoria
Grimi - 2.5 - Sporting
Di Gennaro - Genoa (Part of Borriello deal ?)
Legati - Monaco (Loan)
Storari - Fiornetina (Loan)
Pierre Aubameyang - Dion (Loan)
Gourcuff - Bordeaux - (Loan)
Luca Antonelli - Parma (?)
Marzoratti - Empoli (Player Exchange)
Ronaldo - (relased/end of contract)

and..

Cafu, Fiori, Serginho, Ba - End of career.
That means we only spend a net of 7.5million euros.

But us a few defenders and a Pirlo back-up Mr. G!
Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 13:06   #359
psycho_dad
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: one and only Gianni Rivera

Name Nationality Age
From
To
Fee

---------------------

DEPARTURES

Cafu BRA 38
Milan
-
Retired

Serginho BRA 37
Milan
-
Retired

Ibrahim Ba FRA 34
Milan
-
Retired

Valerio Fiori ITA 39
Milan
-
Retired

Alberto Gilardino ITA 26
Milan
Fiorentina
€14 million

Yoann Gourcuff FRA 22
Milan
Bordeaux (loan)

Ronaldo BRA 31
Milan
-
End of contract

ARRIVALS

Mathieu Flamini FRA 24
Arsenal
Milan
Free

Luca Antonini ITA 25
Empoli (co-ownership)
Milan
Marzoratti

Ignazio Abate ITA 21
Empoli (co-ownership)
Milan
Undisclosed

Marco Borriello ITA 26
Genoa (co-ownership)
Milan
€10 million + co-ownership of Di Gennaro

Gianluca Zambrotta ITA 31
Barcelona
Milan
€9 million

Christian Abbiati ITA 31
Atletico Madrid (loan)
Milan

Ronaldinho BRA 28
Barcelona
Milan
€21 million

OTHERS

Ricardo Oliveira BRA 28
Real Zaragoza (loan)
Real Zaragoza
€10 million

Leandro Grimi ARG 23
Sporting (loan)
Sporting
€2.5 million

Paolo Sammarco ITA 25
Sampdoria (co-ownership)
Sampdoria
€2.4 million

Nicola Pozzi ITA 22
Empoli (co-ownership)
Empoli
Undisclosed

Alessandro Matri ITA 23
Cagliari (co-ownership)
Cagliari
Undisclosed

Lino Marzoratti ITA 21
Empoli (loan)
Empoli
Full rights of Antonini

Luca Antonelli ITA 21
Parma (loan)
Parma (co-ownership)
Undisclosed

Davide Di Gennaro ITA 20
Bologna (loan)
Genoa (co-ownership)
Full rights of Borriello

Marcus Plinio Diniz Paixao BRA 20
Monza (loan)
Livorno (loan)

Marco Storari ITA 31
Cagliari (loan)
Fiorentina (loan)

Kingsley Umunegbu NGA 18
Milan (Primavera)
Salernitana (loan)

?Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang GAB 19
Milan (Primavera)
Dijon FCO (loan)

?Ferdinando Coppola ITA 30
Piacenza (loan)
Atalanta (co-ownership)
Undisclosed

?Matteo Ardemagni ITA 21
Pro Patria (loan)
Triestine (co-ownership)
Undisclosed

?Romano Perticone ITA 21
Cremonese (loan)
Livorno (co-ownership)
Undisclosed

Last edited by psycho_dad; 17-07-2008 at 16:58.
psycho_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:21   #360
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

Ancelotti has also confirmed that new Uruguayan recruits Tabare Viudez and Mathias Cardaccio will train with the team. The former is a 19-year-old midfielder who has arrived from Nacional Montevideo. The latter, also a midfielder, is expected to soon complete his transfer from Defensor Sporting.

"The Uruguayans will train with us,” said Carletto.

“Cardacio is a national team player. Viudez, meanwhile, is an '89 player, he's a bit younger.

“They will train with us and then we will see in twenty days if he will train with the Primavera or if he'll stay with us."

Milan never sign youngsters. Let's tear up the San Siro and burn Berlusconi and Galliani at the stake. Ancelotti is a COWARD!!!.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote