Ronaldo Thread

Ronnieboy will

• Total voters

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Goal.com said:
Ronaldo: Let Me Earn A New Deal

Milan striker Ronaldo was back in action on Sunday evening following a long lay-off and managed to score two goals during his side's spectacular 5-2 win against Napoli.

zoom - galleria Ronaldo wants to prove that he can still be an important player for his team, and earn the right to be handed an extension to his current deal with Milan, which expires this summer.

"I'm not worried about the contract renewal," explained the former Barcelona, Inter and Real Madrid player at the end of the game.

"I want to deserve it on the pitch in the next games, because tonight alone is not enough," he added, sending out the right signals to the bosses.

The signals have been received, it seems, as evidenced when president Silvio Berlusconi gave his opinion on the subject.

"I have a special rapport with Ronaldo," he told the journalists.

"He knows very well how much we believe in him, and therefore, there will not be any problems with the renewal.

"His love story with Milan will not end in six months' time."

No it WONT !
Give him a new 2 year deal. :star:

rossoneroid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Marcus said:
Did anyone read what Big Silvio said about Ronnie?

So there you have it. We have the new Romario in our team.
OMG, I disagreed with Mr. Don Berlu. 31 still young? And still have 9 years ahead? Hmmm, it seems that Ronaldo will still in Rossoneri shirt until 40 :tongue:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Marcus said:
Before the match I had the opportunity to speak with Ronaldo and I told him he is still young, he's only 31 and he still has nine years ahead of him to show what he's worth.
Sakes alive. :head: Nine years? 31 is "young" for an injury-riddled striker?

And this was said BEFORE the Napoli match. Unbelievable. Did Silvio hit the sheesha in Dubai that night as well?

rossoneroid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Beemer said:
Sakes alive. :head: Nine years? 31 is "young" for an injury-riddled striker?

And this was said BEFORE the Napoli match. Unbelievable. Did Silvio hit the sheesha in Dubai that night as well?
Luis Figo, Julio Cruz, Giuseppe Signori probably will sign for us next season :D

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
SssSSSsSsSssssssSSShhhhhhhhHHhhhHHHHhHhhHHHHhhhHH...

10/10 for ronaldo, stay fit!

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Jivara said:
SssSSSsSsSssssssSSShhhhhhhhHHhhhHHHHhHhhHHHHhhhHH...

10/10 for ronaldo, stay fit!

The guy scored two goals, and I hope he continues to score, but to say that a player has nine years ahead of him when he's thirty-one is just plain stupid.

I'd wait for at least a two months and offer him a new one year deal if he plays good. That means average of 0.5 goals per game.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Marcus said:
The guy scored two goals, and I hope he continues to score, but to say that a player has nine years ahead of him when he's thirty-one is just plain stupid.

I'd wait for at least a two months and offer him a new one year deal if he plays good. That means average of 0.5 goals per game.
ya no shit its stupid, ronaldo has at most 3 years ahead of him, hes too injury prone and fat to last 9 years but i assume its one of those complimentary statements that berlusconi makes after great performances

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I compeltely forgot to thank him for every game he plays and helps us.
15 games, 9 goals for Milan it's something that every striker would want that. ;)

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Jivara said:
ya no shit its stupid, ronaldo has at most 3 years ahead of him, hes too injury prone and fat to last 9 years but i assume its one of those complimentary statements that berlusconi makes after great performances

He said it before the great performance which I agree was a great performance.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Ronaldo will inevitably get injured again, but when he's there no matter what condition he is, hes deadly as hell. Lets hope he gets a decent run before he is on the sidelines again, because with every game he plays he will be better.

Obviously, Milan shouldn't renew his contract if he gets another serious layoff untill the end, or even a couple of small ones. It has never been a question whether he will perform, rather than will he be able to show up at all. If he's fit, he beats Drogba, Shevchenko, Huntelaar or whoever else Milan plan to replace him. Its not his fault that he gets injured, it was obvious yesterday he has the willingness and the love for the game. That trick he tried to pull off at the edge of the box in the 1st half was something that not only a few can even come up with in such situation. I really don't understand how can anyone hate Ronaldo.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Ronaldo9 said:
Ronaldo will inevitably get injured again, but when he's there no matter what condition he is, hes deadly as hell. Lets hope he gets a decent run before he is on the sidelines again, because with every game he plays he will be better.

Obviously, Milan shouldn't renew his contract if he gets another serious layoff untill the end, or even a couple of small ones. It has never been a question whether he will perform, rather than will he be able to show up at all. If he's fit, he beats Drogba, Shevchenko, Huntelaar or whoever else Milan plan to replace him. Its not his fault that he gets injured, it was obvious yesterday he has the willingness and the love for the game. That trick he tried to pull off at the edge of the box in the 1st half was something that not only a few can even come up with in such situation. I really don't understand how can anyone hate Ronaldo.
Don't worry let him go one match without a goal or with a little tap in and the floodgates of hell will once again reopen :head:

I want him here all the time. I know that sooner or later he's bound to be injured but Ronaldo's sort of like the EMP's in the Matrix.....they aren't always ready but when they are they knock the shit out of everybody :D

This game is for Fifa 08 giving Ronaldo 84 :rolleyes: (while of course giving Rooney 91, Gila 85 :eek: and so forth )

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
He was MotM for me. It's crystal clear that 10 meter acceleration is a huge task for him now but he still has the movements, the intellegence and awareness that he had 9-10 years ago.
if he avoids injuries, he can end up scoring 10-15 goals until the end of the season.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldo, Pato, Seedorf, Nesta, Gourcuff,Inzaghi.......
ARAM said:
Ronaldo wants to leave in the summer and join Flamengo after playing for 15 years in Europe. :head:

I dont think so...... he said he wants to earn the deserved contract which I think he will!!!

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It's interesting how the poll in Ronaldo's thread was a bit closer yesterday than today.

I think they're are a couple more believers than yesterday. ;)

Last edited:

ARAM

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Sheva, Rui Costa, Kaká
dark_prince said:
I dont think so...... he said he wants to earn the deserved contract which I think he will!!!

i read that, too, but there are also sources who claim this, that he will leave in the coming summer.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
ARAM said:
i read that, too, but there are also sources who claim this, that he will leave in the coming summer.

actually the sources said that flamengo wants him and flamengo THINKS ronaldo wants to join them......... but ronaldo said that he doesnt want to leave milan yet.....

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
J.Rome said:
It's interesting how the poll in Ronaldo's thread was a bit closer yesterday than today. I think they're are a couple more believers than yesterday. ;)
I guess everything's okay now in the Milan camp and Ronaldo will get his extension because of one good performance in only his second match of the season.

Reaction score
Beemer said:
I guess everything's okay now in the Milan camp and Ronaldo will get his extension because of one good performance in only his second match of the season.

And what a performance it was. Still not fit yet so destructive. Milan wins it first home game. 2 games Ronaldo has played this year and both we have won and in both he has contributed. Pato will learn from his idol and hopefully one day be as good and destructive as Ronaldo. No other player when not close to being fully fit can have the typr of destructive impact that Ronaldo has. I sure hoe he gets a 2 year extension and is bale to make it back to the Brazilian squad. I also hope kaka does not mind being sidelined a bit as I suppose the attention will shift to master and protegee aka Ronaldo and Pato if Ronaldo can keep fit.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
kaka` has nothing to worry about,because,as much as i would love to see ronaldo stay fit,we all know it`s not gonna happen..he`ll get injured soon..

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I really dont think that hes earned himself an extension yet even tho it was a good performance...

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
A single game isn't enough but I'm sure than he will show us few more goals in important games and he will deserve contract extend by him self . I just believe on him and he is important for Milan.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
CentreD13 said:
I really dont think that hes earned himself an extension yet even tho it was a good performance...

I was thinking the same thing....give him around 3-5 matches in order to see if he really deserves it!

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He said Let me earn a contract extension, which means he also knows that needs to prove more, which will surely do, considering what a world-class he is. ;)

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Glad to hear his words instead of B.'s (I keep with my position of a over a month ago, the contract extension or non contract extension talks should start on May, when there's a more reliable diagnosis, and hopefully the variables I stated back then-he can keep a relative good fitness level, his attitude is good, and he plays good (again I'm not asking for 20 goals + 30 assists, if it comes better, but good is something like 10 goals and some assists)-which at then end should be the standards for everyone else, oh well, and of course how Carlo/or other coach sees him in his plans).

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
crazy4milan said:
Glad to hear his words instead of B.'s (I keep with my position of a over a month ago, the contract extension or non contract extension talks should start on May, when there's a more reliable diagnosis, and hopefully the variables I stated back then-he can keep a relative good fitness level, his attitude is good, and he plays good (again I'm not asking for 20 goals + 30 assists, if it comes better, but good is something like 10 goals and some assists)-which at then end should be the standards for everyone else, oh well, and of course how Carlo/or other coach sees him in his plans).
Agreed. He looks in good spirits though, and the ability is unquestionable, so all he has to do is stay fit. Couldn't help thinking though, that if he even tried doing some of those wild, agile turns and twists Pato did against Napoli he would surely have broken a knee or something. Curse his glass made legs! :mad:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Ronaldo9 said:
Agreed. He looks in good spirits though, and the ability is unquestionable, so all he has to do is stay fit. Couldn't help thinking though, that if he even tried doing some of those wild, agile turns and twists Pato did against Napoli he would surely have broken a knee or something. Curse his glass made legs! :mad:
I'm sure somewhere Michael Owen and Sebastian Deisler wished that they had his glass legs
:eek:

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Glass legs ? ... You mean something like it ?

ciss6dw.jpg

:eek:

Schedule