Copa America

Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i was really looking forward to watching the copa america after euro2004 but theres no kaka,ronaldo and ronaldinho now,i thought it was a huge competition,maybe it should be staged in one of the years between the european championships and the world cup :conf:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I heard Kaka, Ronaldinho and Ronaldo were goin' to play...if not what's goin' to be cool about watching my country(Costa Rica) playing against them.
I hope the teams take their best players...I hope to see serious Argentina, Brasil, Uruguay and Paraguay(specially) and the rest being serious about team selection...it's the most old tournament of football in the worl...show some respect to it.
I'll say Brasil are the ones that come in best form...Argentina is having a very down moment(Bielsa should go out), Paraguay is my second choice.

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Anyway Brasil still got many players left who are able to win the cup no doubt. I dunno who is going to play but instead of Kaka there is Denilson or Juninho (Paulista or Pernambucano), instead of Ronaldo there is Luis Fabiano, instead of Ronaldinho there is Diego or Robinho... so its not a big problem for Brasil to replace them... still tourney favorite :eek:

kakacalcio

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yeh,theres no doubt brazil definately have the players to replace them,it would just be good to see these particular players,does anyone know anything about brazil's plans for the olympics?

guimaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
kakacalcio said:
yeh,theres no doubt brazil definately have the players to replace them,it would just be good to see these particular players,does anyone know anything about brazil's plans for the olympics?

The brazilian soccer team is not going to the olympic games...

guimaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
the brazilian team that will play the copa america were announced today... they are:

Gk
Júlio César (Flamengo)
Fábio (Vasco)

Mancini (Roma-ITA)
Maicon (Cruzeiro)
Gustavo Nery (São Paulo)
Gilberto (São Caetano)

defenders
Juan (Bayer Leverkusen-ALE)
Bordon (Stuttgart-ALE)
Luisão (Benfica-POR)
Cris (Cruzeiro)

midfielders
Dudu Cearense (Kashiwa Reysol-JAP)
Renato (Santos)
Edu (Arsenal-ING)
Kleberson (Manchester United-ING)
Júlio Baptista (Sevilla-ESP)
Diego (Santos)
Alex (Fenerbahçe-TUR)
Felipe (Flamengo)

strikers
Luís Fabiano (São Paulo)
Adriano (Inter de Milão-ITA)
Ricardo Oliveira (Valencia-ESP)
Vagner Love (Palmeiras)

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Vagner Love (Palmeiras)
Nice Name!!! :D
the team looks not so good like it usually does, almost no big star names...
still full of talented players... and why isnt ROBINHO in the team like his Santos teammate Diego...!!??

I doubt this team can beat a full strenght Argentina squad :head:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
info from acmilan.com
MILAN - Brazil have not called up Milan trio Dida, Cafu and Kaka for the Coppa America in Peru from July 5 to 26. There are only two Italian-based players in coach Carlos Alberto Parreira's squad, Inter's Adriano and Mancini of Roma.

Reaction score
MookyRookie said:
and why isnt ROBINHO in the team like his Santos teammate Diego...!!??

Since the brazillian championship don't stop during copa america, Parreira choose to call only two players for team.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Robinho is way too overrated...everytime I see him, he sucks...thank God he isn't! Damn! I wanted the real brasilian team to play in Copa America...this is just such an irrespect to the organizers, and to Copa America itself.

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
the truth is that very few teams pay any attention to the copa america ( probably only the host team and any other invites like costa rica ).
i have never really understood why. last copa america argentina claimed safety problems and did not assist. but the real reason was that the pre-season was about to start and that would kinda mess up some teams. so for the afa the local tournament was more important than the copa america.

seems like south american teams just want to focus on reaching the world cup and they see very little to gain from even winning the copa america. last edition columbia won but a couple of months later were eliminated from the wc qualifyng. not a single columbian cared that they had won the copa america just a few months before.

sad.

fbvanBasten

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
kenichy said:
...columbia won but a couple of months later were eliminated from the wc qualifyng. not a single columbian cared that they had won the copa america just a few months before.
Ironic, isn't it?

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
IMO, it's a good thing that all the "regular stars" of Brazil don't participate in this tournament...I would much rather see what these "reserves" can do. Im excited to see promising players like Mancini, Luisão , Cris, Juan, Renato, Diego, Julio Baptista, Luis Fabiano and Adriano!!

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
hhhhhuhhhhh!!!!!!!1
change the schedule only bcos one european will be tired after seeing
euro coppa??????
schedule announced was years back and it is funny to listen or read
for change dates bcos a chap is tired to see futball on tv.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
kenichy wrote:

the truth is that very few teams pay any attention to the copa america ( probably only the host team and any other invites like costa rica ).

Jeje...not even my dear Costa Rica will have their best players there....Wanchope(who has recently came from a series of knee and other types of injuries) has asked not to play since he wants to have a full recovery for the new season at Man City...Martinez(a very good little defense from Brescia) said that it would be a suicide if he plays Copa America. Wright(our 2 best defender) quit the national team because of some problems with the coach.
The biggest "stars" we'll be taking are Winston Parks from Lokomotiv and Walter Centeno(a very good midfielder, who used to play with AEK).

Still I'm very angry with not respecting such an important cup. If the europeans can play Euro...why can't the americans play Copa America(they don't even have to play qualification games)?

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Ronaldo, R. Carlos, J. César, Maldini
guimaldini said:
the brazilian team that will play the copa america were announced today... they are:

Gk
Júlio César (Flamengo)
(...)
Maicon (Cruzeiro)
(...)
Renato (Santos)
Edu (Arsenal-ING)
(...)
Diego (Santos)
(...)
Felipe (Flamengo)

strikers
Luís Fabiano (São Paulo)
(...)
:D :jump: I'm happy for this guys. Specially for Júlio César and Felipe from my team.
n062.jpg

n097.jpg

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
redondo said:
hhhhhuhhhhh!!!!!!!1
change the schedule only bcos one european will be tired after seeing
euro coppa??????
schedule announced was years back and it is funny to listen or read
for change dates bcos a chap is tired to see futball on tv.

Instead of your usual bitchi$#*g, could you pls give us some news about your national team? Who in, who out? Thanks in advance.

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
does anyone have news on the current issue regarding uruguay's players and the whole issue with the price money they will receive ?

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Is there going to be coverages of it in Europe? Maybe UK?

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Albanian satelite program will show it .. so if u have digital u most have TOP CHANNEL .. (Albanian TV) all the tournament games will be showed.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Sky Sports seems to have the rights in the Uk. :rolleyes:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
All I know is that I prefer the African Cup of Nations. I might watch the final though.... ::yawn::

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
kenichy wrote:

does anyone have news on the current issue regarding uruguay's players and the whole issue with the price money they will receive ?

No news, but I think they'll stay that way. IMO is ridiculous that a team that has performe mediocre in that qualifications, are asking for money when they haven't even won nothing yet. They should start playing instead of thinking about the money.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I forgot....Venezuela 0 Colombia 1, Tressor Moreno scored from the penalty spot.

Right now Bolivia 1 Peru 0, they are in halftime.

kenichy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
fowler, maradona, pirlo
copa america needs a change desperately. maybe include more concacaf hungry for glory teams. maybe use another format more competitive one like the euro with 16 teams. maybe just include eight teams. maybe there isn't enough prize money to make the federations give their best to actually win.

europe feeds on south american talent yet europe has the far better continental tournament. very ironic.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
crazy4milan said:
I forgot....Venezuela 0 Colombia 1, Tressor Moreno scored from the penalty spot.

I saw the 1st half .. why the hell refere repeated the penalty kick ? heheh he seemed little confused ( the refere )

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
gosh...i watched the first game....it was preety boring...even the guys playing in the local league here could do better....this is sad...was really looking forward to it...after euro......i remember bout 8-9 years ago...the copa was awesome...batistuta wa sthe top scorer...used to skip skool to watch...n make lil bets here n thr....but its..sad...nowdays...fthanks to bad marketting and poor star turnout....it has been reduced....2 almost nothing.......but i gues...ill stay watch argentina n brazil...they should have enuf starr reserves to entertain...

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Argentina:6 x Ecuador:1
Mexico:2 x Uruguay:2

Argentina played refreshing football.Saviola's hatrick showed Biesla what he was missing in his first squad.Replace Crespo with Saviola and Argentina will have much better forward showings.