Round of 16: France 2-0 Nigeria - Monday 30/06/2014 18:00 CEST

Team to qualify for the quarter-finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is pretty easy - Marchisio was in the zone where referees overplay the action, Suarez was too far and went unnoticed.

But yeah, Matuidi foul was worse and Griezman had somewhat of a similar foul to Marchisio.

That Matuidi challenge was so gruesome...feel bad for Onazi

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
People on the bench appeal for everything, and very often get things wrong, there have been poor refereeing performances in this world cup but every league has poor referees. The referee didn't see the bite, he can't go off marks on Chiellini's shoulder, they could have already been there.
The referee went by the crowds reaction for Zidanes headbutt. You again cannot make that claim. There is no consistency in refereeing. If you're going to deny that referee was bought out idk what else I can tell you. Let's not even begin to talk about how the corner Godin scored from went off Suarez and not DES. That's three big "mistakes" that influenced the result. Again I know you are all anti Italia but let's use common sense here. The referee won the game for Uruguay just like how he won the game for France or Brazil

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
Good job france

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The referee went by the crowds reaction for Zidanes headbutt. You again cannot make that claim. There is no consistency in refereeing. If you're going to deny that referee was bought out idk what else I can tell you. Let's not even begin to talk about how the corner Godin scored from went off Suarez and not DES. That's three big "mistakes" that influenced the result. Again I know you are all anti Italia but let's use common sense here. The referee won the game for Uruguay just like how he won the game for France or Brazil

Now you are just making shit up, linesman saw Zidane's headbutt and ref confirmed it with him.

Seriously, if you might as well stop watching the game, bc every game is fixed according to your logic.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
I undetstand you're all purists in the way life works but if you actually read into all the betting scandals that happen in futbol it honestly surprises you that world cup matches could be fixed? Get out of the house for once and look at the world around you.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I undetstand you're all purists in the way life works but if you actually read into all the betting scandals that happen in futbol it honestly surprises you that world cup matches could be fixed? Get out of the house for once and look at the world around you.

The fans of the teams all believe their team was screwed, its part of the sport.

Even in the NBA and other sports, replays after replays, there are still mistakes. I mean, if the games are so fixed, why watch them?

So if you do, you do so knowing / thinking its fixed, then you really should not be complaining

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Most stud defense in the tournament

Most brutal midfield too

Thank you Mario Pogba

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Well this match sucked, extremely boring.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
everything has been so easy for France that hey can give their best at the end

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Miguel Herrera could learn a thing from Steven Keshi, very classy after the game

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Sit back, soak up the pressure, let the heat do its work and then just lightly step up a gear for the winner. Classic smash and grab. :thumbsup:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
France Germany it is

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
French team still wins worst hair of the tournament so far.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Nigeria is going to have the last laugh. Say goodbye to your credit card details Benzema.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
I wasn't joking. You'll see...

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Nigeria is going to have the last laugh. Say goodbye to your credit card details Benzema.

If they really want to get back at them all they have to do is to stop supplying them with players.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
its difficult for some people....its hard for them to wrap their mind around that west africa isn't one nation....

lol..who am i kidding..i gave too much credit there. even west africa is too much of a disambiguation for some

Last edited:

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
its difficult for some people....its hard for them to wrap their mind around that west africa isn't one nation....

lol..who am i kidding..i gave too much credit there. even west africa is too much of a disambiguation for some

I did not even know west africa was a nation in any cinfigulation.

Have a nice day

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Oh how cute, murican trying to showcase his geography knowledge:lol::lol::lol: