Week 01: Crotone vs Milan - Sunday 20/08/2017 - 20:45 CET

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
It really shouldn't matter who we field and what our formation is, this is Crotone for god's sake. I know they had an uptick late last season but we had a historic mercato. Nothing but a victory here is acceptable and I am absolutely certain we'll deliver.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
musacchio--bonucci

so-much-win-starcraft-reaction.gif
RR-Conti ?

TheKid

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bonera, Iaquinta
Milan 2-0

Borini wondergoal for the haters

Hannibal

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Shevchenko
So far it's 4 EL games + 2 Serie a games

and probably some more bench time until he regains fitness. Things didn't even get heated yet, he didn't even get tackled

Where did you get 4 EL games from? He wasn't even registered to be in the squad for the two legs against the Romanian team.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vital game- it wont be pretty without bona and no subs for kessie or hakan, but win by any means neccesary. Our bench is paper thin, so if we can win our first two games, hopefully by september, we will have another winger and another cm

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
MONTELLA: “IT’LL BE A COMPLICATED MATCH AGAINST CROTONE, BONAVENTURA’s INJURY NOT SERIOUS, THE TRANSFER MARKET…”

Vincenzo Montella has said he still has some doubts regarding the starting XI for tomorrow, as he expects a tough Crotone side, and claimed that the club still wants to improve the squad but it will depend on mercato opportunities.

After beating KF Shkëndija 6-0 in the Europa League qualification stage, Serie A begins for Milan tomorrow as they play Crotone at 20:45 CET at Stadio Ezio Scida.

It will be the first test of the new Rossoneri, led by coach Vincenzo Montella as after signing 10 players this summer (and more are still going to arrive), the Diavolo need to show their worth on the pitch.

“The pitfalls of the match against Crotone? I wish a positive championship to everyone, players and fans,” Montella told journalists in today’s pre-match press conference at Milanello. “I hope this can be a season of satisfaction and proving ourselves. It is a very difficult campaign and in the last few rounds of last season, Crotone had the kind of results suitable for a Champions League team.

“I expect the same sort of match as last time, an aggressive opponent, very patient and ready to trouble us on the counter attack. Certainly, it will be a complicated match. If Milan are Scudetto contenders? It doesn’t interest me much if those who say it think it or if it’s strategy.

“Surely, we are one of the few clubs in Europe that have signed more than 10 players. First of all, we need to become a team, then become a winning team. I would say Juve are favorites to win the title; however, there are other teams that have improved their squads, including us, but our target doesn’t change: we have to finish in the top 4. I don’t feel pressure, nor should we set limits on ourselves.

“But we know there are more well-drilled sides out there. Milan must become great again over time and we’ve laid the right foundations. The objective is to fire up the enthusiasm and pride of the Milan fans who, especially thanks to the world of Fassone and Mirabelli, rediscovered their smile.

“Tomorrow’s starting XI? I called up 20 players since some are still injured and others are transfer-listed. I would like to thank the players who have not been included in the squad for technical reasons, because everyone is training very hard, showing consistency and professionalism.

“Squad rotation? Playing every three days, some squad rotation is inevitable. The result against Shkëndija will allow us to grow as many players as possible. Milan will not underestimate the game. We are Milan, we can’t afford not to be 100% ready for an international match.

“The conditions of Giacomo Bonaventura and Alessio Romagnoli? Jack had tests and it’s nothing serious, but he will surely miss the next two games, maybe three. Romagnoli is alright, I preferred to let him train and focus so he could be ready for next Thursday [the Shkëndija return leg].

“Kessié? He is a very physical player, with great technical qualities and he still has a lot of room for improvement. I think he has everything needed to become a top player. Hakan Çalhanoğlu? I am very intrigued by him. He is training very well, even though I don’t think he’s at his best. He has a lot of quality and I am sure he will become one of our most important players.

“Cutrone? I still have some doubts about the line-up. The ideas are outlined but not very clear. Sometimes I decide the XI a day before but it may not be the case for tomorrow. I have tried Cutrone in the starting eleven but it isn’t sure yet. Tomorrow we will carefully evaluate all our options. Montolivo? He had a great performance on Thursday, he scored a brace, he is training hard since the first day of pre-season. He is very involved in the squad, he feels part of the project.

“The fact that over 100,000 people came to San Siro for our two matches [over 65k fans against Craiova and over 40k fans against Shkëndija]? We feel very close to the fans, our goal is to make them even more proud to be fans of our team, enthusiasm is fueled by results. Since the first match against Craiova they have given us an extraordinary support, we are very happy. To give the fans something in return we are considering making some training sessions open to the public.

“The market? I would be ungenerous to publicly ask for something more. The club still has the desire to improve, but we have to see what the market offers. I’m very happy with what has been done. I’m sure Fassone and Mirabelli will do as much as possible to improve the team, regardless of what the sales may be. Kalinić? I don’t have time to think about the market, the present is Crotone. We are all working very hard, day and night. Before the transfer window closes, something could happen.

“The closeness of the ownership? We’re happy David [Han Li] has arrived [he will stay in Milano until the end of the month]. The board of the club is showing full support to the team, even from China.

“If it’s the strongest team I’ve trained [he previously coached Roma, Catania, Fiorentina and Samp]? It’s hard to say, it’s a team that gives so many tactical possibilities. It’s a young team with so many new players, it will take time to adapt. I hope we can move closer to the top. The growth of Milan? I don’t dwell on what has been done, but on what can be done. I think we can still do a lot more.”

Probable XI (Milannews.it): Donnarumma; Andrea Conti, Mateo Musacchio, Leonardo Bonucci, Ricardo Rodriguez; Franck Kessié, Manuel Locatelli, Hakan Çalhanoğlu; Suso, Patrick Cutrone, Fabio Borini.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
thats even better if they sit back and wait for us :lol: RR and Conti will overlap killing the shit out of them

we ll control the game hopefully from minute 1

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Where did you get 4 EL games from? He wasn't even registered to be in the squad for the two legs against the Romanian team.

Craiova and Shkendija.

Sure he wasn't registered but also wasn't fit. Bonucci wasn't registered in the EL games but we saw him against Betis. Biglia is pulling a no-show since his 10 minutes against Bayern.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Craiova and Shkendija.

Sure he wasn't registered but also wasn't fit. Bonucci wasn't registered in the EL games but we saw him against Betis. Biglia is pulling a no-show since his 10 minutes against Bayern.

now ur just talking out of ur ass bruh.. bigly and bonucci had bonds problem so couldnt play vs craiova ( has nothing to do with injuries ) then bigly got his injury in training just 1 day before betis..
and he isnt monto like made of glass -_- check his last 2 seasons

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

dude

Banned
Reaction score
Romagnoli back and we switch to 3-5-2, no need to worry about wingers
we dont have depth for Kessie role, its good he is a physical beast

You 3-5-2 fanboys need to give up already. No way we'll play that formation when we have Suso.

Borini won't see much playtime when Jack comes back from his minor injury.

dcfcfan1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
we can get the best out of our fullbacks, bonucci and silva that formation 3-5-2

However, we will need one more striker

dude

Banned
Reaction score
we can get the best out of our fullbacks, bonucci and silva that formation 3-5-2

However, we will need one more striker

No we won't. We'll just weaken our midfield and attack(which if anything means Bonucci and the defense have to deal with more shit coming their way) and become a boring counter-attacking team.
Conti and RR have shown over and over that they can play as full-backs perfectly. They're not your typical Serie A wingback scrubs who can only attack.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
No Silva? #MontellaOut

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Why the f is cutrone starting?

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
you can wash ur eyes with this

DHoe5bxXYAAYpBu.jpg

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
i absolutely love our full backs. honestly i wouldn't trade them for any other full back duo in the world