Week 02: Milan vs Cagliari - Sunday 27/08/2017 - 20:45 CET

Elie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yes, of course I am. Because what matters is the current form and not last season's. Montolivo was unfit and out of form for most of last season.

I love Locatelli and it's awesome to have a homegrown midfielder come through, I like him a lot more than I like Montolivo, but I'd pick Montolivo ahead of him for this game right now. Next week, it might be different.

Same logic for Cutrone over Andre Silva.

He just came of an "injury", which form are you talking about? Because he scored against farmers 2 weeks ago? And regarding Montolivo there is seriously no such thing as form. He is a bad and slow players who ruins our tempo and play. What's the difference when he's in form? Less passes to our opponent?

Locatelli should start every game before Montolivo every day of the week, when Biglia isn't available of course.

Also love how you're mentioning Montos "form" when surrounded by our best team on San Siro against the farmers, but not Locatelli's match/form in our latest game away, surrounded by football analphabets.

Last edited:

Rotti

Milan Icon
Reaction score
He was decent on a dead rubber when the whole team played pretty mediocre. That's not the level I want to see Locatelli at. Montolivo in the first leg was far superior. And rested for 10 days now.
It is not a surprise that someone with the name necrowanker prefers a dead guy over a living one. But, come on now... Surely, you can't be serious?

You will regret this.

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Locatelli just played *70 mins on Thursday too

Last edited:

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
They insist on 4-3-3 for Suso but don't want to buy someone on the left.. what a joke

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Second game of our Serie A campaign and Borini is still our starting LW, wow.

Getting real tired of seeing Montolivo in our staring lineup aswell, it's fucking disgusting by Montella. Could also be that Montella is being held as a hostage here, maybe Monto has his kids? Or maybe he has been giving away free BJ's to the staff etc for years now. Something is seriously wrong.

Monto is a cancer in our play and the more I keep writing about this, the more angry I get, so I'm gonna stop now. :)
didnt read.

and i bet most didnt too.. this is getting repetitive , people nagging about Borini and Monto

its obvious people need something to bitch about or else they dont know what to say or what to do here lol ..

calm the fuck down

Elie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
They insist on 4-3-3 for Suso but don't want to buy someone on the left.. what a joke

+1

If a decent LW and a backup for Kessie such as Renato doesn't arrive would be so disappointing. Missing out on CL again would be too much.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
:lol: Do you people actually not watch matches? Montolivo was man of the match in the last one he played. He's fit and on form. When he's fit and on form, he is our 2nd choice behind Biglia.

:fp: dont push it

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Monto might not be good in this game, but unless he has a 3/10 performance, the team should be good enough to win. Monto is gonna get games in this season, we will survive guys.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Both Kalinic and Biglia hopefully 2nd half subs.

Elie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
didnt read.

and i bet most didnt too.. this is getting repetitive , people nagging about Borini and Monto

its obvious people need something to bitch about or else they dont know what to say or what to do here lol ..

calm the fuck down

Nagging about Borini is because he keeps starting. He's been decent but it's a player who shouldn't be anywhere close to being a starter for AC Milan. He's been brought here to be a backup player. Would rather have Andre Silva and Cutrone togheter on top with Suso behind in a free role if we're not getting any LW and as we do not have a good LW atm.

As long as Monto keeps starting the bitching will continue, and there's a reason for that. Or do you rather everyone having the same opinion in a forum where everyone is staying positive regarding everything?

In the end I'm sure everyone wants the best for Milan, and with people accepting Monto as a starter then I'm afraid that's not the case, or else you're blind.

Last edited:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
@Elie

But we already know all there is to know about Borini and Monto so how does repeating the same thing game after game gonna change or help the situation ?

unfortunately they are staying this year with us and with 3 competitions youre gonna see them start lots of games

Elie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
@Elie

But we already know all there is to know about Borini and Monto so how does repeating the same thing game after game gonna change or help the situation ?

unfortunately they are staying this year with us and with 3 competitions youre gonna see them start lots of games

You're right, it's not gonna help as it's Montella's decision in the end. But it's still a forum, and unfortunately alot of things will be brought up repeatedly for discussion and so we can share our thoughts.

Yes starting in the coppa or EL, not in our decesive and main focus games in Serie A. Again, I would still rather have Andre Silva - Cutrone with Suso behind and Locatelli starting. I have no problem with Borini staying with us, but not as a continued starter.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
kheir ya baba...

i just hope we crush cagliari today and score very early

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Around 50,000 spectators are expected to attend #MilanCagliari tonight, according to Sky. @MilanEye

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
He was decent on a dead rubber when the whole team played pretty mediocre. That's not the level I want to see Locatelli at. Montolivo in the first leg was far superior. And rested for 10 days now.
Can we talk about Monto against Craiova then?

You know...the team which is better than the farmers of Macedonia?

You honestly dont think Monto fucks up our playing style and rhythym. Dude litwrally takes 5 mins to make a pass which in turn fucks up our shape and puts players out of position. Not to mention his bs long balls to nowhere and passing the ball backwards when he is even slightly under pressure.

The dude is fucking done. I dont mind him starting against Cagliari but if he puts up another BS performance his fans better shut up.

Altertnatively, i do hope he has a good game. But he will need to pull a string of good games before he has me convinced.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Around 50,000 spectators are expected to attend #MilanCagliari tonight, according to Sky. @MilanEye

:thumbsup:

Cagliari play very narrow and without wingers so i'm thinking Conti and Rodriguez are going to have a LOT of time on the ball. Looking forward to seeing lots of overlapping runs, hopefully with Suso and Borini pulling the fullbacks inside to make space.

We're going to be making all of our attacks from the wing, as usual, but this kind of game is where our investment in quality fullbacks will be rewarded.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can we talk about Monto against Craiova then?

You know...the team which is better than the farmers of Macedonia?

You honestly dont think Monto fucks up our playing style and rhythym. Dude litwrally takes 5 mins to make a pass which in turn fucks up our shape and puts players out of position. Not to mention his bs long balls to nowhere and passing the ball backwards when he is even slightly under pressure.

The dude is fucking done. I dont mind him starting against Cagliari but if he puts up another BS performance his fans better shut up.

Altertnatively, i do hope he has a good game. But he will need to pull a string of good games before he has me convinced.

I think Montolivo has a problem with expectation. With Italy and when he's with Bonucci or Pirlo he doesn't have that expectation that he has to lead and make all the moves. He plays it simple and does his job well without overthinking and messing up.

I think we should give him a few more chances before we dump him. We're pretty much stuck with him for a couple of years so we need to make the best of it and hopefully the lack of expectation and the weight of the captaincy being removed changes him.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
gad dammit people stop complaining and moaning

this is the team we have now, not all your favorit toys will play every week.

just Forza Milan and be happy.

i swear some people are designed to be miserable individuals. :fp:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
gad dammit people stop complaining and moaning

this is the team we have now, not all your favorit toys will play every week.

just Forza Milan and be happy.

i swear some people are designed to be miserable individuals. :fp:

Forza MB

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Forza Milan!

Rumpelstiltskin

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Daniel Maldini.
Montolivo will do well tonight, he has shown some good form in pre-season. I bet he will get at least a hockey assist. :D

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Borini is our very own #MM17