Manuel Rui Costa Thread

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Happy birthday, he had a great performance against juve in tim trophy :D :star: :star:

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Name: Rui Costa
Date of birth: 29.03.1972
Position: Midfield

LOL! :D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Hahaha, yeah guys you got a little confused...well maybe you wanted to celebrate his b-day with some delay.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
Another rare but great goal for Rui!

julia22

Life is now xD
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan's, Totti, Aquilani, Fabregas, Rosicky, Luca Toni, Vargas, De Rossi, Agüero, Bojan
amazing goal!!! congrats rui!

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
Great goal

But he's got to stop scoring off the bench or he'll never get a starting spot, LOL :D

milan_rockz

=7uckyst4r=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*
the goal that he scored last night was wonderful. he should be given more opportunities to play and not just to be a bench warmer. hope he keeps scoring too.
:star: forza rui :star:

poppy

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think it's great to be able to score coming off the bench :cool:
Better that than starting and not scoring or contributing
Some players sort of do better as a sub :eek:

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
milan_rockz said:
the goal that he scored last night was wonderful. he should be given more opportunities to play and not just to be a bench warmer. hope he keeps scoring too.
:star: forza rui :star:
sorry to rain on everybodys parade, but just because he scored another one of his wonder goals doesn't mean he is all of a sudden the best midfielder we have. Remmember in Euro 2004 when he scored that amzing goal against England despite having a crap tournament. Even last season he scored a scortcher against Brescia and everybody said it was the return of the once great Rui Costa, and it never happened. Dont get me wrong I like Rui, but dont get your hopes up that he is going to have a great season because of one good goal.

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
Lo Tsar said:
sorry to rain on everybodys parade, but just because he scored another one of his wonder goals doesn't mean he is all of a sudden the best midfielder we have. Remmember in Euro 2004 when he scored that amzing goal against England despite having a crap tournament. Even last season he scored a scortcher against Brescia and everybody said it was the return of the once great Rui Costa, and it never happened. Dont get me wrong I like Rui, but dont get your hopes up that he is going to have a great season because of one good goal.

I don't think anyone's predicting a glut of scoring for Rui. Distracting and splitting the opposing defense so a teammate can score is just as important as scoring oneself.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So Rui looks *refreshed* ? I guess 2 years on the bench have this effect on any elderly player. However, the effect will lose its effect when you play him more regularly, so....... careful what you ask for ;)

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
he made very good games in pre season friendlies;)
come on rui show them who is the best midfield in the world

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,
NeSTa_86 said:
he made very good games in pre season friendlies;)
come on rui show them who is the best midfield in the world
certainly is not rui costa and never will be

mikez sheva7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
From the look of things, Rui has been playing extremely well for Milan this preseason. Unfortunately I have not been able to watch many games therefore I would like to hear from some of the people who have been watching him regularly this summer and can give us a better outlook on his performances. But from what I can tell thus far, he has been nothing short of magnificent. I have always believed that Rui should be given more opportunities and this year with the more attacking style I believe he will make more appearances for Milan. In my humble opinion, he should have been used more often in the 4-3-1-2 system as well, replacing Seedorf and Gattuso, but we never saw that on a regular basis. In any case, let's hear opinions on Rui's current form and how you think he will perform this upcoming season. I think he will have a very successful season, as will Milan.

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Gilardino Jr said:
certainly is not rui costa and never will be
no, but he was, 2-3 years ago. ;)

Hassan

Winning II
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Storari, Abate, Thiago Silva, Flamini, Pato, Zarate, Messi, Kaka', and Ronaldo!
Well, Rui is a good player and makes goals but he need more chance, I think he is better then Seadof!

Great performance!
VIVA RUI Costa!

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Milansom said:
Well, Rui is a good player and makes goals but he need more chance, I think he is better then Seadof!

Great performance!
VIVA RUI Costa!

I Agree With You

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,
MaGasTeR said:
no, but he was, 2-3 years ago. ;)
ok Rui Costa is Good though should be on starting team

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
Source: Football Italia

Carlo Ancelotti will keep many of the players who excelled in Istanbul when Milan face Lecce, including Manuel Rui Costa and Dario Simic.

“The more quality a player has, the more he suffers at being left out. Rui Costa is one of these examples,” explained the tactician. “If he is always ready to impress, the credit has to go to his talent and professionalism. His teammates all appreciate him for those qualities.”

The Portuguese star has barely set foot on the field this season, but Kaka’s injury during the first half of Wednesday’s 4-0 thrashing of Fenerbahce opened the door for a good performance. Rui Costa will have the chance to build on that against Lecce this evening, as the Brazilian remains sidelined with a bruised hip.

“Gennaro Gattuso also picked up an injury in Istanbul, though I hope he can recover in time. I haven’t decided the front two either, as Andriy Shevchenko’s status is under review and Christian Vieri has a muscular problem.”

Marek Jankulovski and Johann Vogel are challenging to replace Gattuso in midfield, while either Alessandro Nesta or Paolo Maldini will be rested so that Simic and the returning Jaap Stam can start in defence.

“Stam is fit and has fresh legs, so he could play in the centre. Simic was precise and focused throughout the Champions League game, but above all I was impressed by his character.”

Milan fell five points adrift of Serie A leaders Juventus with last week’s defeat to Fiorentina and must get back on track against relegation strugglers Lecce.

“They are a very pacey team, especially now that Axel Konan and Mirko Vucinic have rediscovered their form,” warned Ancelotti. “We played some good quality football in Florence, even if we shot ourselves in the foot with a few errors. We need to learn how to keep a game in the balance, as we can strike at any time.”

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
i believe in rui doing the job when kaka is out. rui is a great player with lots of experience! he will cover it up for kaka... anyway ricky needs a serious rest too. so just let rui do the job for the time being! :)

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
r3dman said:
When does he retire? Anyone...?
It was meant to be last summer, but he changed his mind and will stay for another 2 seasons I think.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
RUI COSTA: 'Not much difference with Juve

MILANELLO - Rui Costa concluded with a thought on the title race: 'We doing well, we've won three in a row and won the top-of-the-table clash. I think it will be decided right at the end. Juve are doing well, they are top but I don't see much difference. We are two great sides but there is also Inter, it's too early to decide. We have different qualities compared to the Bianconeri: we have a lot of players with the technical ability and we all look to help the side. We are not a side that turns it on and then becomes guarded. In Turkey, for example we were winning 4-0 and even though we were ahead we continued to look for another goal.'

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
He didn't celebrate goal? I heard he was unhappy? All I can say.. I understand him and I can't blame him. Now he get a chance but after Kaka's injury. Where's Ancelotti trust in him month ago? I don't wanna say he have to be regular or replace Kaka, no way, but to play Kaka in every match(and that tire him, I can see that and it's obviusly, no one can play every 3 days).. and don't give him a chance.. :rolleyes:. Player rotation? He isn't player for just Coppa Italia :D, man.. he's still class.
Consider that all. To coach Milan isn't so easy, just try to understand all players..

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
Lo Tsar said:
It was meant to be last summer, but he changed his mind and will stay for another 2 seasons I think.

Truth is, he suites the benchwarmer for Kaka position.

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
r3dman said:
Truth is, he suites the benchwarmer for Kaka position.
yeah...

well i sorta pity him though, i mean.. he is kept as a subsitute for kaka all along.. who would like that feeling alot? and only when ricky's out, then he gets to play.. i won't feel good too.. but all players will end up like that one day... ):