Davide Astori

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Cagliari, Cellino on Astor: "Nothing is decided"

Cagliari, Cellino on Astor: "Nothing is decided"

05.29.2010 12:52 by Anthony Vitiello

"It is not decided anything, sometimes I want it, sometimes AC Milan, but then again I do not know if I can afford it." These words of President Cellino Cagliari Maximum reported by the Journal of Sardinia, with why the push and pull between AC Milan and Cagliari Davide Astori (23). Unconfirmed reports spoke of the possibility that the defender could be part of the agreement between the two companies to release the coach Massimo Allegri.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Astori is not good enough for Milan atm, that says a lot.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Astori is not good enough for Milan atm, that says a lot.

If we have no cash for spend and want to bring an A/CMF, then he is the reasonable purchase; to me i would prefer Otamendi, but then all it is about the B&G react decision.:rolleyes:

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Since we can get him quite cheap I think he is a quite promising backup for Nesta. He is not starting eleven in Milan right now, but he is only 23 y old and he gained alot of experience this season, playing almost all of Cagliaris matches.

Heck, we do not need any expensive defenders....I would be happy to see us play Antonini (Albertazzi, Zambrotta) on LB, Abate and Bonera on RB, Nesta, Silva, Astori, Albertazzi, Bonera, Onyewu in DC.

Last edited:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
How is 4 million for 50% of a noob cheap?

Reaction score
I saw astori in 2 games against us and he was horrible.I really don't know,maybe he was better in other games,but i wouldn't keep so much faith in him...
About gooch.You guys have forgotten one think-he will play for free in 2010/2011.1 milion is not a small thing in this situation for us.And i think that he inafact isn't bad player.he doesan't have abbility to contribute the attack like T. Silva,but he's pretty good at defending,and has great fisics.Do you remember how real get rid of samuel because he had no technic?That player is one of the key members of inter-triple squad.Think about it

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
+1. Gooch is in terrible form atm. But he's free and plays free and is better than Astori.

We r loaded at CB position with Nesta Silva Yepes Bonera rotating and Gooch and Albertazzi as emergency cover.

Astori is just a younger waste of space and 4 million. Sell Astori for 4 million and then we just need to spend another 6 instead of 10 for a world class potential defender like Otamendi, 2 more than what we'd spend on Astori.

Think abt this. He's valued at 8 million 2 million less than what we paid for T.Silva and they r light years apart in quality.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Ariaudo remains Cagliari: Astori is AC Milan? 06/23/2010

Ariaudo remains Cagliari: Astori is AC Milan?

06/23/2010 17:45 by Matthew Calcagni
Source: Tuttocagliari.net

© photo by Federico De Luca
Lorenzo Ariaudo will also play next season in Cagliari. After confirmation of the red and blue, comes also the prosecutor's footballer David Torchia, achieved exclusively by microphones TuttoCagliari.net: "I confirm that Cagliari has exercised the right to redeem the ownership of the player. Ariaudo arrived in January on loan consideration and is now a player of Cagliari, in partnership with Juventus. Next season will play again in red and blue. Controriscatto? No controriscatto and no clause.

The confirmation of Ariaudo, with the suggested transfer of Elijah Tied in Sardinia, could open to a return to AC Milan by Davide Astori, who is still hovering between AC Milan and Cagliari.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Nesta, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Bonera, Onyewu, Kaladze, Romagnoli, Albertazzi
even without our 2 youngsters we don't need Astori, didn't impressed me at all
better don't waste our money on him, but on sombody like Otamendi

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
astori could become great, for otamendi we'll need a lot of cash. milan need to use their best primavera defenders instead of khaladze or favalli, its ridiculous to buy oldies if we have good youngsters growing in our own club

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
i think that Romagnoli (20) is already better then Astori (23)
even Ariado (21) is better then Astori (replacement for Astori)

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Forget him and use whatever money on Otamendi.

+1. Sell Kalazde, Oddo, Janko ( salary savings itself is 7.5 excluding taxes if we give em for free) and use the cash we intend to waste on Astori to get Otamendi or a proper Milan quality defender.

Otamendi is already 2 years younger than Astori and is light years better.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
+1. Sell Kalazde, Oddo, Janko ( salary savings itself is 7.5 excluding taxes if we give em for free) and use the cash we intend to waste on Astori to get Otamendi or a proper Milan quality defender.

Otamendi is already 2 years younger than Astori and is light years better.

It's not soccer manager. We are not going to sell Kaladze, the guy rejects all offers.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
i think that Romagnoli (20) is already better then Astori (23)
even Ariado (21) is better then Astori (replacement for Astori)

how many games against Serie A caliber players have you seen Romagnoli play? It seems like this hate on Astori is foolish, he is a good player, not great, but I dont think anyone is saying he is

patosheva

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Davide Astori will play in next season with Milan, Via Turati company has redeemed the player's card for an amount of about 3.5 million. Reveals Tuttocagliari.net, the news could be formalized shortly.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
3.5 million wasted. If we had sold him we'd have received 3.5 million instead of spending 3.5. That's 7 million for buying a much better player. :head::head:

Guess Otamendi is gone now since we got him. :head::head::head::head:

Baresiuno

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Seems like I am one of the few really happy for this deal. Astori is very promising. Sure we could not 'give' him away for free. The apprentice de Nesta. :cool:

Nesta and TSilva startup, Astori no 1 backup/cover for Nesta.

But problem now we have too many central defenders. Sell Bonera or Onyewu. (Kaladze too, of course)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
3.5 million wasted. If we had sold him we'd have received 3.5 million instead of spending 3.5. That's 7 million for buying a much better player. :head::head:

Guess Otamendi is gone now since we got him. :head::head::head::head:

1) why would otamendi be out. favalli, Kaladze, jankulvski r going (knock on wood), yepes (why?), astori, someone in

2) Why start with a negative attitude. Astori is young (23) and has good potential. Worth a shot IMO. Cheillini was a nobody before his random juve break.

I don't wanna read this whole forum blasting astori now just cause he wasn't there handpicked signing. We need to give milan youth a chance before written off

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I like Bonera, but he is injured far too much and is 30, make some money off of him. Astori is a pretty good player, but not a great one. He will learn a lot from Nesta and hopefully he will become better

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Astori isn't very good. Another small step towards mediocrity.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Senatore is right, we will get rid of Kala, Oddo, Janku and even Onyewu's future is still uncertain, I think we will get another defender beside Astori..
but that's if we get rid of those players.. I do hope Galliani get his act right, at least he get rid of Mancini :D, so he's probably sober this time of year

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If we get rid of Gooch and get Astori it's another step backwards.

Astori is younger. But Gooch and Bonera r better. And in the end it's important the best players play. Not that the youngest players play.

2 of our best 3 CBs are 34.

If he comes I'm fine with it. Get rid of Bonera like Spartan said as soon he'll enter 30's.

But If Galliani says we signed Astori and so we don't need another defender then I'm gonna be super pissed.

Otamendi, Bale, VDW all the defenders we were linked to are already 2-3 years younger and light years ahead of this guy and I'd hate to miss out on one of them cos of this guy. Milan product or not.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
first of all if we signed this guy i wanna welcome him

secondly: haters can fuck off

some months ago all of us wanted astori as bad as hell...now suddenly no one wants him here because of otamendi...

i know otamendi is better but dont kill all your hopes....
oddo janku and kalatze will probably leave...so otamendi will be still our target...

like someone said some post before me chiellini was unknown for a large period of time....and when juve got him back became world class...and its a fact...

so my point is that astori is not the big name i want to lead our defence but surely he can become great if he follows the steps of nesta and tiago silva...
first of all we have to get rid of kala janku and oddo and then we can talk again about otamendi...ps( plz guys forget WDW...)

we started well by signing allegri amelia astori...

berlu promised us a great purchase....lets hope its ibra / dzeko / fabbiano...

and jesus christ mancini must go home...i hope we dont sign him and instead get lazzari for midfield depth...

----------------------amelia--------------------

---abate------nesta-------silva-----antonini-----

-----------------flamini---pirlo-----------------

---------------------lazzari-------------------

--------------pato----------ronie-----------

---------------------fabianno---------------

bench: abbiati astori zambrotta hunter seedorf borriello

last ps: many things can change in a summer....for example borriello or hunter may leave( borri of course can fuck off)

G understands that we need someone like otamendi for our right back position

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
If he comes then WELCOME! :star:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
we started well by signing allegri amelia astori...

don't forget adiyiah

i can't wait for galliani to say something cheesy like "We only sign A's ;)"

but if he's gonna do that. Atleast bring Antonio (cassano), Aquilani and Arjen (robben)

otherwise i agree with your sentiment punisher. give him a chance you cynical fucks

Schedule