Nicola Pozzi??

acmilan1988

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
AC Milan trump Juventus for Cesena kid striker
tribalfootball.com - January 28, 2004

AC Milan were finalising a deal for Cesena whiz-kid Nicola Pozzi yesterday.
Gazzetta dello Sport says despite the interest of Juventus, Milan were putting the finishing touches on the transfer on Tuesday.

Pozzi, 17, will join Milan for an initial £1 million rising based on appearances and success.

Anyone has heard of this kid? Is he any good for us?

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I might have come across the name before..but i've never seen this player in action..really don't know who he is...

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's official. He's ours until the summer of 2008.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
I say GREAT! Finally a youngster who's coming in and no granpa' if you know what Im sayin'? :D

This guy has to be very very talented since Juve and Palermo also wanted him...But hey the kid is wise, so he struck to the best team.. :devil:

red_dragon

Beginner
Reaction score
I know some of you out there would say "not again"..but I know this guy Nicola Pozzi from the game Championship manager. The stats, and I have full faith in them, say he is a good prospect...not a great one...someone in the inzhagi mould. But he has high finishing qualities although not very speedy.
But he can always improve beyond our expectations

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
Nicola Pozzi was with the Italian U-17 team that was sent home early from the EURO U-17 championchips in Portugal recently.

From UEFA.com
PLAYERS TO WATCH:
Cesena Calcio's Nicola Pozzi and Atalanta BC's Marco Motta both scored three goals during the qualifying campaign.

In the tournament itself Pozzi scored 2 goals in Italy's 4-0 win against Israel. The other results were a 2-0 loss against Spain and a 0-0 draw against England.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
red_dragon said:
I know some of you out there would say "not again"..but I know this guy Nicola Pozzi from the game Championship manager. The stats, and I have full faith in them, say he is a good prospect...not a great one...someone in the inzhagi mould. But he has high finishing qualities although not very speedy.

NOT AGAIN !!!! :rolleyes: :o :tongue: :D ;)

And btw, Inzaghi mould = great :devil2:

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
S.Rossi, Baresi, Maldini, Shevchenko, Kaká, Gattuso, Dinho, T.Silva, Boateng, El Shaarawy
He is going to join the primavera team... I hope that Baresi can make him a big star... well now we have to big signutures for the future... The George Weah son and now Pozzi... Our future is secure now infront... :devil2:

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
red_dragon said:

Mate, the game isnt overly accurate. Espcailly for 17 years olds in Italy C1. your talking abouslte crap

Melbourne

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
(teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne
Passion for *9* said:
red_dragon said:

NOT AGAIN !!!! :rolleyes: :o :tongue: :D ;)

And btw, Inzaghi mould = great :devil2:

Championship Manager is a great game which is fairly accurte. But to the point of 16/17 year olds in low divison of its not. Of course u cannot base football rating on it. But its still rather close to being correct in most cases, not this one.

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I don't care what a game said... I only care what the real stats say...

warmth said:
Nicola Pozzi was with the Italian U-17 team that was sent home early from the EURO U-17 championchips in Portugal recently.

From UEFA.com
PLAYERS TO WATCH:
Cesena Calcio's Nicola Pozzi and Atalanta BC's Marco Motta both scored three goals during the qualifying campaign.

In the tournament itself Pozzi scored 2 goals in Italy's 4-0 win against Israel. The other results were a 2-0 loss against Spain and a 0-0 draw against England.

red_dragon

Beginner
Reaction score
Mate, the game isnt overly accurate. Espcailly for 17 years olds in Italy C1. your talking abouslte crap

Well there is no way to say if I am right or you are. The future can only tell what these players will become. I'm guessing you havent seen this kid play..neither have I. So one can never make an objective statement on this. I only gave a source to quantify his playing potential...it will be great if he manages to become half of inzhagi even...
As regards the game..well I think it is the most well researched database currently available. But then again we are only talking about potential. there is no concrete proof to say whether they are 'absolute crap' or 'brilliant players'. But no one can argue that the guy has talent (milan's signing is proof enough). And CM released the database well before either milan or juve got behind pozzi.

Rex

Reaction score
Though never heard of him, he surely will be an important asset in future. Prior to summer 2008, we'd like to see his technic and skills in regular Milan's line-ups. Obviously at the 'A' Milan team... :)

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
all those italian talents Milan NEVER get one of them, not one!!! :mad: :head: but now Milan is going closer to sign some talents like Gilardino and Bonera from Parma.... the way into Milans A team is difficult and long, hope that Pozzi will develop into a future Star player...... :devil2:

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Yup..we have a small group of very promising Italian youngsters..Pozzi comes into a group with Abate, Piccolo, Dalla Bona and Donati...Milan just have to sign Bonera and grab Ferrari from Juve and we're creating a settled team for the future...

Hope Baresi nurtures Pozzi into a superstar...

sboudefar

Primavera
Reaction score
it's giant!!!we have a futur inzaghi :) it's very important ton know that we have a players who can be the futur sheva and inzaghi!!

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
UEFA.com said:
Milan invest in promise of Pozzi
Friday, 30 January 2004
AC Milan have signed one of Italian football's most promising young talents, the 17-year-old Nicola Pozzi, from Serie C side AC Cesena.

Talented youngster
Milan are reported to paid a fee in the region of €2m for Pozzi, who has signed a contract until 2008. The young striker is likely to begin his career at the Giuseppe Meazza under the watchful eye of Milan legend Franco Baresi, now coach of the club's Primavera squad. Baresi could well use Pozzi in the prestigious Viareggio youth tournament next month.

Impressive credentials
Pozzi was also coveted by Juventus FC and his credentials are impressive. He scored five goals in nine matches for Italy's Under-17 team and has also won two Under-18 caps. At Milan, of course, he finds Andriy Shevchenko, Filippo Inzaghi and Jon Dahl Tomasson ahead of him but it is not unrealistic to think he will play some part this season, most likely starting on the bench.

Champions League
Pozzi, who has scored four goals for Cesena this season, is eligible for the remainder of Milan's UEFA Champions League campaign and could take the place of the departed Rivaldo in their squad. Milan face AC Sparta Praha in the tournament's first knockout round on 24 February.

I think is all written there... no more to say...

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Pozzi to come into our first team squad this season? I think that is highly unlikely..what with Borriello also in front of him...

Anyway..the 2 million Euro price should be correct..i read on the official webbie that the price paid was 1.5 million pounds sterling..looks like quite a big buy for such a young player..at least we didn't have to pay 12.8 million pounds for a youngster like Manchester United did..in Cristiano Ronaldo..whom i feel isn't really that fantastic...

sid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A.Nesta
can anyone post an image/pic of this youngster.. i think ive heard the name before,but im not sure..

warmth

Rossonero a vita!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pozzi.jpg

there you got!!! :devil2:

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
apis7ac7sheva7 said:
Leandro Depetris
diego armando maradona junior..get him
valeriy bojinov....

they are future star too
whos this? Maradonas son :conf: :D ther are some young future stars around, but its difficult to pick out someone from all these talents, also the right one, who develops into a first team regular or at least a backup/benchwarmer in the future..... Now Milan got Ignazio Abate (first team), also Pozzi, Makingwa (other talent for next year), even Kaka & Boriello are both "only" 21 years young...... if Milans keep investing in own youth players & keep the eyes mobile on youth market - maybe once there will be a talented player like Maldini or Baresi, legends in Italy and internationally well-known, but it can take years & decades until a player with such qualities will be born, its not impossible :eek: :head:

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We need the young and talented defenders..that is the only gap left to fill in our youth squad..don't forget we've got several young midfielders and our strikers are filled too..there aren't many notable young defenders we have except maybe Sarr and Colloccini...

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Don't know anything about this player... but since i read the forum article... i just wondering.. could he become the next milan superstar??

We have some great young talent but we often failed... like commandini and now boriello :conf: :conf:

r4gs

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
No way Borriello has failed..far from it..he is still a key element in our youth development..and in time to come i'm sure he will break into the first team and make an impact...

As for Commandini..he was a good player..but unfortunately couldn't quite make the cut for Milan and was transferred to Atalanta..not sure where he is now..though i remember he scored twice in the historic 6-0 win over Inter... :devil:

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
r4gs said:
No way Borriello has failed..far from it..he is still a key element in our youth development..and in time to come i'm sure he will break into the first team and make an impact...

As for Commandini..he was a good player..but unfortunately couldn't quite make the cut for Milan and was transferred to Atalanta..not sure where he is now..though i remember he scored twice in the historic 6-0 win over Inter... :devil:

Nah.... this is making me worry... milan seems like to take an awesome great player on transfer window and forgot the young player they have.

As commandini case, milan bought JDT and inzaghi then sell commandini out of milan. Same with donati (as far as i know, he was a talented young player at that time)

I'm afraid the same scenario will happened to boriello or pozzi in the next year.

Anyway, i can't begging for young player to be field while in other hand i like to watch star players play for milan. ANything best for milan, i'll support it.

Schedule