Giacomo Beretta Thread

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
What a waste. I thought he was ready for first team football at Genoa

dont think it is a waste. he is what, 18? getting game time (which he will at Ascoli) is great for him because playing with physically developed men will help his development

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Beretta scored 4 goals in 1 half( I think) for Ascoli against RAPPR CASCIA. The headline on Ascoli's site was : "11 reti al Cascia: Romeo-Beretta in grande spolvero" (which translated to : 11 goals at Cascia : Romeo - Beretta with great sweeps).

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Super Pippo, Pato, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Seedorf, KPB
anybody can provide a decent assessment of this kid's physical abilities? Vieri was STRONG, TALL AND FAST (yes he was I remember reading his 40m sprint on Inter.it)

Last edited:

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Beretta's Ascoli played a friendly yesterday, they lost 1-0. He played one half.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
It is better for him to play in Serie B than Serie A since he is still just so young. He need games to mature his play.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
at ascoli he's at the tight place, he'll get enough of first team football there

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Beretta scored two goals and helped Ascoli beat Taranto 3-1 in TIM CUP (Copa Italy)

http://www.ascolicalcio.net/altre_news.asp?id=6802
From what I understood he came in as a sub(25th minute in the second half), and the goals came in the extra-time. Hope he gets a starting position. I don't like the fact that neither he nor Verdi & Oudomadi played as starters in their teams' Coppa Italia's matches.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
From what I understood he came in as a sub(25th minute in the second half), and the goals came in the extra-time. Hope he gets a starting position. I don't like the fact that neither he nor Verdi & Oudomadi played as starters in their teams' Coppa Italia's matches.

I didn't expect he came 25th after second half since he scored two goals.

I absolutely agree with you, what important first for him is to get so many games. Seeing the fact that he played only as sub in Coppa, he could have similar role in the league. If he keeps scoring, his chance to be in the starting line-up should be bigger.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I didn't expect he came 25th after second half since he scored two goals.

I absolutely agree with you, what important first for him is to get so many games. Seeing the fact that he played only as sub in Coppa, he could have similar role in the league. If he keeps scoring, his chance to be in the starting line-up should be bigger.
If you see the formations, they have Beretta as (25 st' ) as in 25 seconde temp..which means 25' minute of second half.

Good luck with him..I was glad he joined Ascoli since they are one of the low teams in Serie B of last season...so he'll get playing time there...let's hope that's the case. I'm hoping for Torino to sell Bianchi...so Odu and Verdi will get more chances.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If you see the formations, they have Beretta as (25 st' ) as in 25 seconde temp..which means 25' minute of second half.

Good luck with him..I was glad he joined Ascoli since they are one of the low teams in Serie B of last season...so he'll get playing time there...let's hope that's the case. I'm hoping for Torino to sell Bianchi...so Odu and Verdi will get more chances.

I trust what you said Charbel, I only didn't expect to find out that he was only a sub since he scored two goals (I didn't read the news, I was already glad to know that he made two goals in official games). This means, he did really have few minutes to make those two goals.

Yeah, I think similar too. I opt our primavera players go to Serie B club since they really lack of games, it would be difficult for them to compete with players who have many Serie A games under their belts.

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I trust what you said Charbel, I only didn't expect to find out that he was only a sub since he scored two goals (I didn't read the news, I was already glad to know that he made two goals in official games). This means, he did really have few minutes to make those two goals.

Yeah, I think similar too. I opt our primavera players go to Serie B club since they really lack of games, it would be difficult for them to compete with players who have many Serie A games under their belts.
They went to extra-time by the way, which game him the chance of getting more time.
I know, i was just making my point clear.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Ascoli's first Serie B match of the season is against Odu & Verdi's Torino, doubt any of the 3 will start.

abbeyleemania

Banned
Reaction score
Ascoli's first Serie B match of the season is against Odu & Verdi's Torino, doubt any of the 3 will start.

Both Berretta and Verdi started. Odu played a sub.

ASCOLI: Guarna; Andelkovic, Faisca, Peccarisi, Ciofani; Pederzoli; Beretta, Parfait, Di Donato, Sbaffo; Romeo (15’ st Papa Waigo). A disp.: Maurantonio, Capece, Marchionni, Gazzola, Giovannini, Soncin. All.: Castori

TORINO: Coppola; Darmian, Glik, Ogbonna, Parisi; Basha, Iori; Verdi, Bianchi, Ebagua (14’ st Antenucci), Guberti (12’ st Oduamadi). A disp.: Morello, D’Ambrosio, Sgrigna, Vives, Pratali. All.: Ventura

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Both Berretta and Verdi started. Odu played a sub.

ASCOLI: Guarna; Andelkovic, Faisca, Peccarisi, Ciofani; Pederzoli; Beretta, Parfait, Di Donato, Sbaffo; Romeo (15’ st Papa Waigo). A disp.: Maurantonio, Capece, Marchionni, Gazzola, Giovannini, Soncin. All.: Castori

TORINO: Coppola; Darmian, Glik, Ogbonna, Parisi; Basha, Iori; Verdi, Bianchi, Ebagua (14’ st Antenucci), Guberti (12’ st Oduamadi). A disp.: Morello, D’Ambrosio, Sgrigna, Vives, Pratali. All.: Ventura

nice, any word on how they played?

abbeyleemania

Banned
Reaction score
Unfortunately i couldnt watch it properly, because of a bad stream. Then switched to a chess game then watched a GM's game. i followed the game on their website.

http://calcion.eu/live10.htm

Last 15 mins. Toro is attacking.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Verdi won a penalty and Bianchi converted it for Torino, via twitter. :p

abbeyleemania

Banned
Reaction score
Verdi should have scored that goal. i like how he dribbles.

He lost a ball, actually he couldnt control it. Then he pressed the defenders, then he tracks backs. He plays as right winger for Toro. Odu plays as left winger. Odu was not that impressive and lost some balls to Papa Waigo But he scored the winner goal.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
nice, any word on how they played?

It's currently 2-1 to Torino thanx to the Milan duo (Verdi and Odu) :cool:

Verdi won the penalty for the first goal

Odu scored the second after a brilliant one two

Verdi also had a brilliant FK saved by the keeper and had another shot go just wide after some nice step overs...

And aI just started watching from the 75th minute :cool:

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
Verdi was the best player of the game.

Its seems like Verdi, Beretta, Merkel, Odu and Strasser have very good chances to be starter this season. :thumbsup:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Verdi was the best player of the game.

Its seems like Verdi, Beretta, Merkel, Odu and Strasser have very good chances to be starter this season. :thumbsup:

How did Beretta play? I tuned in after he was already substituted

Btw I honestly think that Verdi is as talented as El Sharaawy and have high hopes that he will have a good season as the latter had last year....

Meanwhile, De Vito's team Cittadella also won their game, but I dont know if he played or not

EDIT: De Vito did start for Cittadella

Last edited:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Verdi seems like he will eventually replace Robinho here, I hope he continues to grow as a player

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^ He most probaby did...probably in an hour I'll know...Di gennaro scored a goal as well.

Schedule