Our regista for season 15/16?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
Poll is up. Floor is yours. Don't know if it is the right place to put it in but mods can change that.

Who should play?

Reaction score
De Jong quite simply can't play as a regista, he's a defensive player, if anything he should be played to the side of Monto and just play his destroyer role, he's not good enough with the ball to do anything else.

Monto isn't ideal either imo, but he's the only choice atm. He did well enough yesterday, if he can continue it he'll be okay at least until January.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree with Masterofknees.

NDJ is atrocious in that role; he can play decently in another capacity. But I would still start with Monto as regista, and Berto-Kucka.

chukwuma philip

Primavera
Reaction score
I pick montolivo, he might find it difficult against top teams,but aside from those he'll do just fine. He has a decent passing skill set that can serve us for just serie A. As for #dedication,I still don't know what he's good @

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I say both + Kucka and one of Berto/Bona/Honda as an AM.
Thats the most balanced team if it worked.
Berto.Bona.Honda didnt show any signs of creativity enough to justify fielding two of them on the expense of a defensive mid.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
I say both + Kucka and one of Berto/Bona/Honda as an AM.
Thats the most balanced team if it worked.
Berto.Bona.Honda didnt show any signs of creativity enough to justify fielding two of them on the expense of a defensive mid.

will never work.

Reaction score
Montolivo. Has a better range of passing and a bit more creativity. Not perfect by any means but I'd definitely choose him out of the two.

De Jong can break up the play but will always look to pass backwards/sideways. He is a bit more limited as a player.

I still think a big signing is needed for this position but for the time being Montolivo should be selected.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montolivo.

Much better anchor due to positioning sense and distribution.

Get a B2B for January to help him and Kucka and we should be able to reach the UCL.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
montolivo. quite simply because hes been far and away the best midfielder that this club has had in years and is still one of the best players in the squad.

was fantastic yesterday and the guy is at like 50%. I really hope the haters had fun over the summer with the pics making him out to look tired.

not so tired in the milan derby huh?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:fp: What a ridiculous thread

Last edited:

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
De Jong of course , we lost the match because of lack of dedication in the Guarin play.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Troll ?

As Romagnoli and De Sciglio didn't stop Guarin , Montolivo needed to do something but he didn't.

If that was De Jong , he would have stopped Guarin.
http://i.imgur.com/ntQ9eSj.gif

We all know that De Jong wouldn't be anywhere near Guarin, just as he hasn't been in countless similar situations in the past seasons.

Socks

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Just wait til the next game when Montolivo inevitably fucks up and everyone is crying for dedication to come back.

NoPoliNoParty

Beginner
Reaction score
Montolivo, no question. He is more creative, and better for the balance of the team as an outlet at Regista.

De Jong is good but he offers so little going forward. Would love him to play in the Gattuso role but it just won't happen.

How opinions on De Jong have changed. He was pretty much a constant positive amidst the chaos of last season.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Montolivo, no question. He is more creative, and better for the balance of the team as an outlet at Regista.

De Jong is good but he offers so little going forward. Would love him to play in the Gattuso role but it just won't happen.

How opinions on De Jong have changed. He was pretty much a constant positive amidst the chaos of last season.

He was a constant that perpetuated the chaos of last season.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nocerino and Boli always look like they're trying too.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just wait til the next game when Montolivo inevitably fucks up and everyone is crying for dedication to come back.

I expect Monto to fuck up in the next games. But I also expect him and the midfield-three(Kucka, Bona/Berto) to reduce errors/communication problems and form a pretty nice midfield if Miha gives it time to work.

Dumbass bb-ilanisti will for sure demand #dedication back and Monto benched if we lose any of the two upcoming games.
3 years wasted on trying to create a midfield with #dedication wasn't enough for them.

I'm not sure how much faith Miha will show in them though.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Troll ?

As Romagnoli and De Sciglio didn't stop Guarin , Montolivo needed to do something but he didn't.

If that was De Jong , he would have stopped Guarin.

For sure.

m_1440907754.jpg

Just look at that dedication.

Diving to tackle even after Saponara kicked the ball. :proud:

um-no-gif1.gif

He was a constant positive for the other team's attackers.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
De Jong is not even a regista :rolleyes:

milanicious

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For sure.

m_1440907754.jpg

Just look at that dedication.

Diving to tackle even after Saponara kicked the ball. :proud:

Come on you know that goal wasn't De Jong's fault , it was mainly on Lopez followed by De Sciglio and the CB.

Montolivo would have been in the center of the pitch wondering what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.