Alessandro Nesta Thread

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
I think he could definitely play for a few more years, he's been great for us, so if he wants to go back to Nazio, I can't holy anything against him. This just means we're losing a legend and we need a new promising CB

Anguisette

Coffee Dragon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka
I'll worry when I hear this from Sandro's own mouth. Maybe Sandro put shaving cream in T. Silva's newest pair of designer shoes or swapped his high end shampoo for a bargain brand in the dressing room and this is payback. :conf: Yeah.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Maybe he's looking to quit while he's on top? I think he should stay for one more season, if only to mentor Astori or our next CB.

Also, if you don't mind me asking why are you up at this hour lol? :tongue:

what do you mean? it was almost noon when I wrote that post, lol.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
If it doesn't come from Sandro's lips, it's all bs to me. No offense Thiago.
So, no need to freak out...yet.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
maybe thiago is just trying to get us to buy david luiz (his good friend) through persuasive tactics

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Enjoy every single game of nesta because i dont know when will he pull the plug and these kind of players are very very rare.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I would have no problem with him returning to Lazio for a year or two. I love Nesta, but Lazio has always be the club dear to his heart, and you cant blame him at all for wanting to finish there, in fact I think its quite noble.

And they have a very good chance at CL next year, which would be nice for Sandro.

Forza Nesta, always one of my favorites

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
if nesta leaves to go to lazio after this season i will vomit blood for 3 days straight and cry endlessly

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Pirlo21Channel :o

Have to subscribe to this

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
He's looking much more match sharp of late ... much better than at the start of the season. His last three games were very solid performances.

I hope the rumors are false. Even right now, it will take someone special to replace him. Silva can't do it all by himself as we've found out the hard way.

Main reason being that he's good on the ball + can thread a pass or two. Given our current system, both Silva and Nesta's passing abilities are crucial to the setup. I can't see Sokratis (looking at the future) fulfilling these offensive duties ... very few CBs today can.

Which is why I think we've got to postpone this move. Bring in a younger CB in the winter or summer + have them learn from the greatest CB of the just ending generation.

Aside from being a fantastic ball winner, the new CB should be technically sound on the ball, with decent vision and passing abilities ...

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
I would keep Nesta till he turns 40. The guy is outstanding, such a clean and classy defender, one of the best in the world and best partnership in the world with Silva.

Galliani, work your magic and renew his contract. Pronto!

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
I honestly wouldn't expect him to play to 40 like Maldini, Nesta has been unlucky with injuries, but he can definitely play to 36/37, he won't lose much pace between now and then so it all depends on his fitness.

end-er

milanista
Reaction score
I was exaggerating willingly, mate :) Of course Maldini is unique and Nesta will consider retirement at 36-37-38 only he knows. I'd keep him till the end of his career in Milan without second thought.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always
Sandro please don't go :(

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
bring in his long term replacement over the Summer, make Nesta a decent offer to extend his contract by one year so the new guy can integrate with the team, develop and learn from the great man himself... Then if he wants to go to end his career at Lazio, then so be it, and with my best wishes he can go.

Its scary to think that in the Summer he might go and we dont have a replacement in place...

olEe

Nicole, Ti Amo.
Reaction score
yyesss!!! Just my dad and I just ordered me a longsleeve UCL Nesta shirt from soccer.com! Can't wait. Btw since it's black friday everything on that site is 20% off with a coupon (found easily on site) : )

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
I hope those are just stupid rumours, I don't want him gone, he should retire at Milan when we win the treble :proud: so anytime in the next years :D
But he def shouldn't leave us, that would hurt too much, he should stay for some more years and then after a great season he can retire as Rossonero.
Sandro is a player who deserves another contract extension, he can't play all matches in a season, but still he's so important for the tough matches and I want to have him around here for some longer.

olEe

Nicole, Ti Amo.
Reaction score
I hope those are just stupid rumours, I don't want him gone, he should retire at Milan when we win the treble :proud: so anytime in the next years :D
But he def shouldn't leave us, that would hurt too much, he should stay for some more years and then after a great season he can retire as Rossonero.
Sandro is a player who deserves another contract extension, he can't play all matches in a season, but still he's so important for the tough matches and I want to have him around here for some longer.

Fully agreed!

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Friday 26 November, 2010 'Nesta won't return to Lazio'

Lazio President Claudio Lotito has ruled out bringing Milan centre-back Alessandro Nesta back to the club.

The 34-year-old was born and bred in Rome and came through the ranks at Lazio with whom he won the Scudetto in 2000.

Nesta is out of contract at Milan and earlier today his teammate Thiago Silva hinted that it's uncertain whether he'll be at San Siro next season.

Interviewed on Tg1, Lotito said: “Nesta represented the history of this club. But today I don't reckon that he has the desire to separate himself from Milan.

“Lazio have taken a path that concentrates on youth and aside from being over 30, he doesn't fit within the parameters that we require above all from a financial point of view.

“Our defence is getting great results. I hope we can keep going like this.”

Asked about the prospect of Lazio signing Antonio Cassano, he said: “It's the same argument. I don't believe that he has a salary compatible with our parameters.

“This year we have added a number of players who as well as having technical qualities also have moral values.

“This is important because it allows us to create a fantastic group,” he concluded.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Love him, but he cost us the goal today. Gave that stupid ball to Abbiati and was beaten by Gastaldello on the corner.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Love him, but he cost us the goal today. Gave that stupid ball to Abbiati and was beaten by Gastaldello on the corner.

Off-game overall as well :(

Last edited:

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
We should give Sandro a rest again, maybe play with Yepes against Brescia and give Sandro a day off. We need him at his best for the tough matches.

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
A few off moments but nothing unusual, he can't be brilliant every week.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
You know, Sandro can't be superman every game, but he's definitely not done!!!

I agree with you Susan about playing Yepes against Brescia; also, I would either not play him at all against Ajax or just play him for a half.

Sophie

chiamato Mr X
Reaction score
Fav. Players
everyone always

I agree with you Susan about playing Yepes against Brescia; also, I would either not play him at all against Ajax or just play him for a half.

+1

Yepes seems like a great backup and we really should use him. Sandro needs a rest sometimes like everyone else.

The Bear

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Can't be brilliant every game, although he didn't do anything disastrous last night, which was one of his poorer games of the season. If Sandro can stay fit, keep training hard and avoid having to play more than thirty games a season he can last a few more years. I hope he retires on a high though, unlike Cannavaro and as it seems, Materazzi.

Actually, scratch that. Cannavaro's still playing. Retire from Italian football then.

Last edited:

Nesta_Pirlo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Pirlo, Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Ballack, Pato, Mueller, Lahm, Maldini

With all due respect Ms. Supermoderator
Mario<Sokratis<Sandro

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Nesta suffered a knock to his knee which was why he was withdrawn by Allegri at half time during the Brescia match. It's reported it's nothing serious.

Schedule