Gennaro Gattuso Thread

When is the first clash between Gattuso and Zamparini?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theo

Beginner
Reaction score
What a character! I really love him.He is already a Milan legend! :proud:

Tell me guys,does he know English?

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Depends on FM06, he knows English. I believe that because he had played in Ranger, a strong team from Scotland, so he knows English.

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
italia wc team cassano kaka maldini crespo baggio zola maradonna
yes i have seen him give an interview in english

Fyrstnissen

Sempre Rossoneri!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka and Gourcuff
He's a charector on AND outside the field!
I love him. Really do.

thismisery

soul of the world
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Giggs, C. Ronaldo, Vidic
Fyrstnissen said:
He's a charector on AND outside the field!
I love him. Really do.
haha i love your signature

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
San Paolo said:
Gattuso: I want to throttle Don! Saturday 7 October, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gennaro Gattuso has used his customary humour to dissect the Inter wiretapping scandal, Francesco Totti’s hiatus and why he hopes to slap Roberto Donadoni’s face!

“What do I say to Donadoni? I hope he ends up the same way as Marcello Lippi, when I grabbed him by the neck and shouted right in his face. That’ll mean we’ve had a great game and scored plenty of goals!”

The fiery Milan midfielder became a hero during the World Cup for his performances on the field, which included a rather hands-on approach with Coach Lippi, and for his amusing sound bites during Press Conferences.

Now that the Azzurri are struggling to qualify for Euro 2008 and need a victory tonight against the Ukraine, Gattuso is again taking centre stage.

“It wouldn’t be a good look to win the World Cup and then miss out on the European Championships. We do really miss a champion like Totti, who’ll allow us to step up in terms of quality when he returns, but Francesco is very upset at staying out of all this. He hasn’t been able to train regularly and can’t be his old self until he does.”

Totti’s absence and the fact Antonio Cassano has been dropped from the squad again has raised questions over who will wear the Number 10 jersey, which has gone to Roma’s Daniele De Rossi.

“I understand it’s a very important number, the shirt worn by champions, but that’s why I have no interest in it!” smiled the former Glasgow Rangers star. “I did wear it once in the Scottish League, but I think the manager had a few too many beers that day.”

Gattuso also turned his attention to the Inter scandal that has seen players and referees – including Christian Vieri – followed and their telephone conversations intercepted.

“Telephone interceptions? All I do is intercept the ball in midfield, I’ve been doing it all my life. We’ve had four months of this talk and it’s time to move on so the team can focus on this important match. I believe Vieri to be a relaxed and professional person, so I saw no good reason to have him followed.”

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/oct7h.html

LOL! This bloke is a deadset champion and one hell of a character. You gotta love him!

Rino wee love you:D,he realy fuking rocks:D

alexa

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, nesta, gila, kaka', henry,fabregas, gleb, buffon, cannavarro, pires
real southen heart is beatin in him.. and also it's beatin in midfiled when he plays))) forza rino

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
Gattuso makes Rangers pledge

Milan midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has promised he will return to Rangers before the end of his career.

The World Cup winner and former Rangers favourite claims he has unfinished business at Ibrox and he has now made a pledge to Gers chairman David Murray.

Gattuso garnered cult status with the Rangers faithful after being brought to the club from Perugia, as a 19-year-old by then incumbent Walter Smith.

While his pugnacious displays in the middle of the park brought rave reviews from the stands, he was allowed to leave the club in 1998, when Dick Advocaat took over at the helm.

Gattuso, who is married to a Scot, is under contract at Milan until 2011 but that has not stopped him from making a vow to return to the club where he enjoyed his formative years.

"I don't know when it will happen but it will happen," said Gattuso.

"I just have to go back and it's a promise I have made to myself and David Murray.

"I spoke to David in August in Edinburgh and he told me the door was always open for me. There won't be any problems with money.

"I know they are going through a bad time financially, and I won't go there to take a pension either.

"I won't go at 35 or 36, I'll go when I've still got something to offer them, at European level as well as Scottish.

"When I left Glasgow, it wasn't through the main door, I was forced to flee almost like some sort of thief, at four in the morning. That's stuck in my throat since.

"I'm a player who wants people to see how much I put into things, not someone who just runs away in the night.

"I've got a debt towards Rangers fans because of the way I left. They helped me get where I am. I just have to go back."

Source: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx...d=67&lid=8&title=Gattuso+makes+Rangers+pledge

I must have a horrible nightmare.
This cannot be true. I'm speechless.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Why does Rino wants to go back to Rangers when he is already fine here at Milan ??? I thought he is supposed to be our next captain . :D

Rosanna03

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, Pirlo
WILL2K said:
Why does Rino wants to go back to Rangers when he is already fine here at Milan ??? I thought he is supposed to be our next captain . :D

I don't know why. :head: :head: :head:
Where are the loyal milan players?

Maldini

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
i really wouldnt want him to leave milan coz he is a brilliant player,but i also dont blame him if he wants to go,i mean like he said "They helped me get where I am.",so he kinda has a point....

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
why the panic? he said he is leavin' at around 35... do you guys really think by that time he would still be featurin' in the first 11? he would probably be a useful sub by that time... and he wants to ease off his game in the relatively less stressful SPL where he can begin to look forward to retirement...

i'm sure he will leave only when Milan has found capable players to replace him... he will not go off when he is most needed & when Milan is goin' through a bad patch like everyone's favourite London boy...

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He said he WON'T go at 35-36.. but rather at a time when he can still be useful to Rangers.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rosanna03 said:
I must have a horrible nightmare.
This cannot be true. I'm speechless.
:cry:
Geeeez people, this is VERY old news. Where have you all been when he made this type of noise for the first time, 2-3 seasons ago ? The wife is from Scotland, the wife is homesick + he has a thing for the simple things in life... like Scottish football. Get over it.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Maldini said:
i really wouldnt want him to leave milan coz he is a brilliant player,but i also dont blame him if he wants to go,i mean like he said "They helped me get where I am.",so he kinda has a point....
So u must be hating Sheva ... ?

I consider as only pre-emptive damage control by Rino. Who doesnt want to keep two jobs secure?! :)

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hardly consider Sky Sports as a credible source outside of EPL news.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
No lie, Id personally fly over to Italy n help the guy pack! So when's he leaving?

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
van Basten said:
No lie, Id personally fly over to Italy n help the guy pack! So when's he leaving?

Not anytime soon. It will probably happen but by that time Gattuso will be old.

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
van Basten said:

:head: :head: :head:

dtlerch

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Steven Gerrard, Samuel Eto'o, Lev Yashin
What's the problem? His contract runs through 2011 I believe, that's almost 5 years from now. By that time he'll be 33 and most likely well into his decline. If anything, it's a noble move by him and one he should be commended for. He would get to go back to his old club and help them and he'll free Milan from whatever burden he's likely to be past that age.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
dtlerch said:
What's the problem? His contract runs through 2011 I believe, that's almost 5 years from now. By that time he'll be 33 and most likely well into his decline. If anything, it's a noble move by him and one he should be commended for. He would get to go back to his old club and help them and he'll free Milan from whatever burden he's likely to be past that age.

Yes, i agree with you mate.
By that time i wouldn't blame him for wanting a change and wanting to redeem himself at Rangers which he left from the backdoor...

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Not anytime soon. It will probably happen but by that time Gattuso will be old.
So there is alot of time to save up :D haha :o
I believe there are somethings known as contract buy-outs and minimum-release-fee. Lets see how this develops, even if we see his exit, we could only be boosting that position with a more offensive option. We all know we love him for his love of us and all the Lippi and Ancelotti throttling.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
okk i'm kinda confused!! he wants to back to the rangers??? i understand his point but damn!!!

do you guys think he can be captain even if everyone knows that he will leave milan to play for another club??

my reply: No, i'd love to see him as captain but i always thought that he'd retire in milan... once again pippo for captain?!! :eek:;)

(just asking for your opinion)

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
well if gattuso leaves soon,our new captain should be kaka

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
milanissimo said:
well if gattuso leaves soon,our new captain should be kaka

dont you think hes a little too young ? our new captain should be nesta

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Milanista said:
dont you think hes a little too young ? our new captain should be nesta

we got the same problem with nesta!!! he might leave and join lazio :eek: :(
god what is happening!!

only fair choice is Pippo,,,..! :tongue:

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08
crazymilangirl said:
we got the same problem with nesta!!! he might leave and join lazio :eek: :(
god what is happening!!

only fair choice is Pippo,,,..! :tongue:

you're right. i almost forgot about that. i guess you're right. pippo is the next best choice.

Schedule