Andrea Pirlo Thread

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
ANDREA PIRLO: EVEN WITHOUT THE MAESTRO, THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Posted on Tuesday, 17th May 2011 by Sam Lewis

On the 18th December 2010, a week before Christmas, the last weekend before the Serie A winter break. The weekends key fixture was Milan vs Roma, the Rossoneri – league leaders, were a goal behind and were pushing for an equalizer, whilst Roma were attempting to make Milan uncomfortable on the ball, and during this period, Jeremy Menez came in for a late tackle on a veteran Milan midfielder, forcing him to exit the pitch due to injury.

That midfielder was Andrea Pirlo, and that tackle, along with various training knocks, kept the “Metronome” out of the AC Milan squad for some months, only seeing a starting place against Palermo last week.

Pirlo, usually a unmovable cog in the Rossoneri midfield, needed a replacement, and Adriano Galliani duly obliged, supplying his manager with Mark Van Bommel to plug the gap, and provide an alternative to the playmaker in light of his, and Massimo Ambrosini’s injuries which threatened to harm Milan’s title charge – and were one of the reasons why Milan lost the midfield battle to a quicker, sharper Tottenham side on the continent.

Van Bommel proved to be a revelation, providing the grit and tenacity that his reputation guaranteed, as well as a superb passing range that has allowed Milan to continue relatively unscathed domestically. Alongside a rejuvenated Clarence Seedorf and workhorses Kevin Prince Boateng and Gennaro Gattuso, Milan had enough ability to overcome their rivals, and the rest, as they say is history.

But where does that leave Pirlo?

A man of undoubted technical ability, and a passing range that has no equals, surely Il Maestro would be able to sashay back into the Milan first eleven, as he has in previous years.

That is not the case however,as Milan have go on to success without Pirlo, ergo throwing the 31 year old’s future in doubt. Despite Andrea’s ability, his defensive proficiency has always been found wanting, a weakness that Allegri has highlighted, and is reportedly looking for a more gritty, box to box style player that would work as hard going back to defend as going forward to attack.

As a result, it looks all the more likely that Andrea Pirlo has played his last game in black and red. Milan are moving forward, with the intention of building a new Rossoneri, and hope to usher in a new era of Milanese dominance, domestically and in Europe, and giving a contract extension to veteran that Milan have had success without would be seen as a backwards move.

It’s a sad truth, and as the rumors circle about the arrivals of new faces, younger, hungrier and more defensively able – Pirlo moves further away from Milanello.

It’s a rapid change in fortunes for the Azzurri playmaker, once the lynchpin, the conductor and touch of class that Milan have forever been associated with, but one injury and a january transfer window later, he is yesterday’s man – unwanted, unneeded, and surplus to requirements at the new Champions.

Adriano Galliani will hold talks with Pirlo regarding a contract extension, but word has it that if the midfielder wants to stay, he will have to accept a pay cut as well as the knowledge that he is no longer vital to Milan’s fortunes in the future, a position that he will find hard to accept, especially when Juventus are apparently watching the situation, preparing to offer him a far more lucrative deal. Juventus are an option that Pirlo will consider, the promise of first team football in addition to a wage packet he feels he deserves may be enough to prise him away.

Despite Milan’s achievements without their number 21, they will still have a large gap to fill should he leave this summer. Andrea is one of a kind, a throw back to the lost days of the fantasista and will be missed at the San Siro. Every orchestra needs its conductor, to keep time, tempo and tune. Will the music be as sweet without Il Maestro? Maybe not, but the show will go on.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2011/05/andrea-pirlo-even-without-the-maestro-the-show-must-go-on/

:head::(:cry:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
The first of the Senatores to fall. :(

Thanks for the memories and the 377 games and 44 goals.

PatoRTW

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini Pato Thiago.Silva Pirlo Abate Robinho
the only reason why pirlo is an uncertain is because Seedorf has taken his position while he was injured, but Seedorf himself may leave so if he does, i see pirlo being the starter LCM again. I can't see the reason he would want to leave is money because he has gotten 5m a year at milan (+1) but juve only offer him 4m also let's face it juve aren't going anywhere for a while so Pirlo would be wisers to take a cut and stay a milan to actually win. PS i truly still believe he is the best passer in the game atm

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
i he ends up leaving....would have preferred him to go to spain/england/germany.

not juventus. :fp:
At least someone is loyal to Milan and not some overrated fugly shit midget who's career was propped up by Ancelotti's protective X-mas tree and Gattuso's hard work. Maybe we'll get an actual free kick taker now :o forza C:star:ng:star:
Love you man no homo

Last edited:

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
At least someone is loyal to Milan and not some overrated fugly shit midget who's career was propped up by Ancelotti's protective X-mas tree and Gattuso's hard word. Maybe we'll get an actual free kick taker now :o forza C:star:ng:star:
Love you man no homo

Please do not teach us how to be fans man:lol: you have jumped ship three or four times and you are saying we aint loyal enough to milan because we are not cussing andrea. What a fuckin joke! I have supported only Milan my entire life and will always do so. Maybe because you are a ronaldo fanboy you think changing allegiances is an everyday event but its not the same with the rest. you dont change teams for a player but it doesnt mean you should hate the player for leaving the club also. Middle ground anyone?Love andrea but Milan for life:o:o:o:proud:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Please do not teach us how to be fans man:lol: you have jumped ship three or four times and you are saying we aint loyal enough to milan because we are not cussing andrea. What a fuckin joke! I have supported only Milan my entire life and will always do so. Maybe because you are a ronaldo fanboy you think changing allegiances is an everyday event but its not the same with the rest. you dont change teams for a player but it doesnt mean you should hate the player for leaving the club also. Middle ground anyone?Love andrea but Milan for life:o:o:o:proud:

When have I jumped ship from Milan? I supported other clubs before I became a rossonero so sue me :o

Nice how you followed cue and turn all your pro Pirlo arguments into an personal attacking post. If Pirlo had half your attacking skills he might still have a place in our squad :)

Last edited:

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
@sushanmilano - " You don't hate the player for changing clubs?". Leonardo got fired and kind of mistreated in Milan tbh and yet he's Judas after his Inter switch.

And Pirlo can't take a pay cut and whine about playing time and leaves to Juventus and that's not an issue at all ? :conf::conf::conf::conf:

I know Juventus are not a strong side now, but till 2006 they were our no 1 rivals. And they still have 27 scudettos making them the most successful domestic rivals we have.

Leonardo = Merda Judas
Pirlo = Ladri Judas

sushanmilano

Nostalgia....
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Nesta, Pirlo, Thiago, Zlatan, Iniesta, Laudrup, El Shaarawy, Seedorf, Batigol
@sushanmilano - " You don't hate the player for changing clubs?". Leonardo got fired and kind of mistreated in Milan tbh and yet he's Judas after his Inter switch.

And Pirlo can't take a pay cut and whine about playing time and leaves to Juventus and that's not an issue at all ? :conf::conf::conf::conf:

I know Juventus are not a strong side now, but till 2006 they were our no 1 rivals. And they still have 27 scudettos making them the most successful domestic rivals we have.

Leonardo = Merda Judas
Pirlo = Ladri Judas

Would you rather leonardo coach milan? would you rather pirlo stay then get fabregas/hamsik etc? if your answer is yes then you got a right to hate them otherwise whats the point when both parties benefit( yes i consider leo coaching inter a good thing...he is a fuckin noob...:D)

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Would you rather leonardo coach milan? would you rather pirlo stay then get fabregas/hamsik etc? if your answer is yes then you got a right to hate them otherwise whats the point when both parties benefit( yes i consider leo coaching inter a good thing...he is a fuckin noob...:D)

Nope :D:D. I still think Leo should never have been made our coach in the first place. He would have done well as a director/scout here ( still thankful for the years as player and also for scouting Pato/Kaka/Silva etc). But that's history and now he's Inter coach and I hope he never wins a single game rest of his life. And I'm glad he's coaching there and not Mourinho :D:D:D

Would I have Pirlo stay. Nope :D:D

Fabrigas/Hamsik or whoever. I would have preferred him to leave 2 years back. We should have sold Pirlo before we sold Kaka. Or both of em together and our books would have been better balanced then and we would have made an additional 20-25 million then.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score
Fabrigas/Hamsik or whoever. I would have preferred him to leave 2 years back. We should have sold Pirlo before we sold Kaka. Or both of em together and our books would have been better balanced then and we would have made an additional 20-25 million then.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Galliani went soft and sentimental after kaka' deal and refused to recognize Pirlo is a has-been. And i'm still damn pissed we didnt cash in on him back then. I'm glad Allegri showed him the light that Pirlo is a nothing player now only fit for playing 3rd choice LCM. And him having such large wages only worked in our favor in pushing him out.

Thank u alllegri. :proud: Pirlo can go to jubentus or any other mid table team who are willing to pay his exorbitant wages. The Milan show is rolling on and Pirlo isnt invited. :cool::star:

ACMILANMKD

Con il Diavolo in Corpo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Oliver Bierhoff, Weah, Sheva, Van Basten
Paolo Maldini (or whoever runs his FB profile) has posted on his Facebook wall a photo of him and Pirlo with two words:
Adio Pirlo....

He is leaving us ,afterall.

Metronomo Pirlo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Grazie per Tutti Maestro:proud::star:, for all the memories, but seriously ladri???

Anyway, if you do leave I hope that its not about the financial issues but more so the the durations of his contract and whether or not he fits in Al's plans:(

Regardless of, good luck in your future endeavours but don't expect to win anything at ladri anytime soon:lol:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini (or whoever runs his FB profile) has posted on his Facebook wall a photo of him and Pirlo with two words:
Adio Pirlo....

Grazie Il Maestro and thank you for everything :)

Truth be told he might as well have been playing for juBe since 07 anyway

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Adio Pirlo....

Quite obv. Paolo is not running that FB page. Can you imagine him putting pics of himself on the net every day?

Also in Italian it's spelled Addio.

That page isn't trustworthy on the matter and some fan just acted in the line where specualtion is falling.

-e- It's changed to Addio now :lol:

Last edited:

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
pirlo has arrived in via turati and he said he is here to say good bye . So it seems official pirlo will be a juve player soon . I am actually pleased because he couldint stay on with us but i have to say : thank you andrea for everything !

Kasoka

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Shevchenko, Gattuso, Ambrosini
i am glad he's leaving and i don't blame him for joining juve.

a move abroad would be silly. in england, spain or wherever he never would get have the status he has in italian.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Milan, Pirlo in Via Turati: "I am here to say goodbye"

Important phrase uttered by Andrea Pirlo in via Turati to discuss renewal. A phrase that would explain everything, reported by Sky Sports, on site. The AC Milan midfielder would have said: "I am here to say goodbye." It therefore seems clear that Brescia will not remain still in Milanello for next season.

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Grazie Andrea for everything you've done for Milan! :)

You're a superb player, but I know can't see you rocking the beautiful red n' black shirt any longer. Thank you, goodbye and farewell! :cry:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
OMFG! :cry::cry:

I'm actually getting tears now! :(

He deserves the contract extension more than Seedorf, come on! :(
35 years old < 31 years old!

And think about it, hes the only one in our team that can pass and we are selling him! :cry:

Omg, I forgot! :fp:
This was all unnecessary to write! :fp:

I forgot that he wants to stay but he doesnt accept too reduce his wages. Well, I'm really sorry. :cry:
He was a real legend for us. :cry:
I will never forgot you! :(

Mrk

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva
Thanks for everything Pirlo :star:

Even his biggest critics will not take away from him the fact that he was an integral part to a team that won almost everything there is to win and that he gave his all.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Mr Milanista i think you missed out a few more of the '':('' signs in your post...

:tongue:

Kingmilan

Legendary
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gigi Buffon-Alessandro Nesta-Prince Boateng-Mario Balotelli-Ricky Montolivo-Stephan El Shaarawy
pirlo is a legend but he had to go . He played for inter (when he was a youth) and he will be playing for juve (as an older player) but his career was with us . He is one to remember . This is what pirlo has won from 2001 to 2011 :

2003: Champions league , coppa italia , uefa super cup
2004: Scudetto , italian super cup
2005: Champions league runner up
2006: World cup (including fifa WC bronze ball and fifa WC final man of the match)
2007: Champions league , uefa super cup , Fifa club WC
2011: Scudetto

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
pirlo was is legend but he had to go . He played for inter (when he was a youth) and he will be playing for juve (as an older player) but his career was with us . He is one to remember . This is what pirlo has won from 2001 to 2011 :

2003: Champions league , coppa italia , uefa super cup
2004: Scudetto , italian super cup
2005: Champions league runner up
2006: World cup (including fifa WC bronze ball and fifa WC final man of the match)
2007: Champions league , uefa super cup , Fifa club WC
2011: Scudetto

Couldn't agree more, these are the biggest highlights when he played for us. And here's a great YouTube video as a tribute to saying goodbye to Andrea :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wozHjtfhBHg&safety_mode=true&persist_safety_mode=1&safe=active

Schedule