\

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
I've answered both of these points. I said he wud be relatively cheap and bc of his history and bc of his desire to return he will accept wot we're able to pay as wage.

a) what makes you so sure he will be cheap? Chinese clubs arent in the business of giving discounts.

b) he is earning 6m/yr currently. Even if you half that, that is 3m/yr. You wanna pay a 3rd choice striker 3m/yr? Especially more than Cutrone who will be above him in team order? Moreover, you think his love for Milan is so great? Dude could have attempted to resurrect his career but moved to China for the money. Why on earth would he take a pay cut?

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Buses take that bridge to go from Genoa to Milan and vice versa.

Not to sound bad, but I'm sure there are other ways out of the city and not just that bridge. It's like a 2 hour drive from Genoa to Milan. At most it could have been pushed back to like Monday or something.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Is it safe to say that the Leonardo and Maldini Era could be characterized by a rejection of nostalgia ?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Someone wrote a post some days back where the need for three strikers was criticized.

He exemplified by showing how almost all top teams make do with just a pair of good strikers. I don't see us differently. Higuain and Cutrone will do.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe it could have been stated better, but he has a point. People still went to their jobs or school that day in Genoa. Nothing changed. To postpone a game that's not even in your city basically a week down the road is kind of pointless.

Yeah I get it. I have stated my opinion on it as well. I was laughing more at the fact he can't let it go.

MilanFan89

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Buses take that bridge to go from Genoa to Milan and vice versa.

Still it has nothing to do with sports. Minute of silence wouldve been better. And thats normally the right thing to do if something terrible happens. Not cancel a soccer game.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Someone wrote a post some days back where the need for three strikers was criticized.

He exemplified by showing how almost all top teams make do with just a pair of good strikers. I don't see us differently. Higuain and Cutrone will do.

I think it has more to do with the inexperience of Cutrone. You don't know how his season will go since he is still so young. You can't rely on him if you want to finish top 4 if god forbid Higuain goes down for a lengthy period.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Can people please stop bitching about the postponement?

Your arguments have been heard.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
a) what makes you so sure he will be cheap? Chinese clubs arent in the business of giving discounts.

b) he is earning 6m/yr currently. Even if you half that, that is 3m/yr. You wanna pay a 3rd choice striker 3m/yr? Especially more than Cutrone who will be above him in team order? Moreover, you think his love for Milan is so great? Dude could have attempted to resurrect his career but moved to China for the money. Why on earth would he take a pay cut?

a) Pato is a recognised name in the sport, do we agree on that? Good. He will be cheaper than a recognised name from Europe.

b) Truthfully? I was thinking more on the lines of 2/2.5... he is washed-up, we are taking a gamble... he shudnt be a dick

Tell you wot... lets give him monto's wage (if we can get him to f off)

Last edited:

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Honestly I think we have SMS

giphy.gif

hakim

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It’s really quiet. Won’t be surprised if our market is closed with Laxalt & Castillejo.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
Not to sound bad, but I'm sure there are other ways out of the city and not just that bridge. It's like a 2 hour drive from Genoa to Milan. At most it could have been pushed back to like Monday or something.

Think about it this way. The city needs time to inspect the intergrity of all roadways/bridges/tunnels leading into and out of Genoa after such an event. There's already articles being published that many bridges in not only Italy but Europe that are in danger of the same fate. Postponement is not a big deal like some people here are making it out to be.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Think about it this way. The city needs time to inspect the intergrity of all roadways/bridges/tunnels leading into and out of Genoa after such an event. There's already articles being published that many bridges in not only Italy but Europe that are in danger of the same fate. Postponement is not a big deal like some people here are making it out to be.

I could care less about the postponement. It's not like my 2 cents matter anyways haha. I just see it as time for our new signings to get integrated.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule