The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:26   #281
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven View Post
I think we deserve a little lucky this time in the draws after some years of tought opposition in the round 16 and "groups of death". So I want Schalke.
True ... hopefully we get some warmer balls this year
Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan4ever View Post
Our choices are Spurs, Schalke, ManU, Barca, Chelsea, Shakhtar and Bayern Munich.

Teams to avoid are Barca and Chelsea.

The rest we can take.
I think United will be very difficult to beat as well. They are solid defensively and will play their natural game (catenacio) against us. First leg at home will be difficult and suits their game perfectly.

Shakhtar is another team I wouldn't want to face. Yes we have more experience, but they have an experienced coach + have largely kept their squad intact for quite sometime. They faired very well against Arsenal, so they have to be a good side.

So for me, I want Schalke, Spurs or Bayern. Don't know Robben's state (will he back by the R16?) but these are all teams who I feel we can break down and score goals because their defenses aren't the best.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 13:51   #282
neutral
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKalu View Post
True ... hopefully we get some warmer balls this year

I think United will be very difficult to beat as well. They are solid defensively and will play their natural game (catenacio) against us. First leg at home will be difficult and suits their game perfectly.

Shakhtar is another team I wouldn't want to face. Yes we have more experience, but they have an experienced coach + have largely kept their squad intact for quite sometime. They faired very well against Arsenal, so they have to be a good side.

So for me, I want Schalke, Spurs or Bayern. Don't know Robben's state (will he back by the R16?) but these are all teams who I feel we can break down and score goals because their defenses aren't the best.
Wow you actually complemented United in a sorta weird way , miracles do happen

Signature
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 13:58   #283
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Fav. Players: Associazione Calcio Milan

Quote:

I revised my answer here

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/show...postcount=1089
acmilan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 14:14   #284
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral View Post
Wow you actually complemented United in a sorta weird way , miracles do happen
We actually have a shot ... if the ref is fair Remember when Rio should have been sent off for a challenge on Dinho?
Quote:

I know we've beaten Shakhtar before, but this team is a lot more fine-tuned than the ones we faced in 07-08 and 04-05. I wouldn't call them walk-overs by any means ... but surely better than Barca, Chelsea, United ...

Spurs I think we can take down. Their defense isn't by any means solid ... and like some have mentioned, if Abate's got the pace and defensive ability to somewhat cope with Ronaldo, then I would fancy his chances of giving Bale a hard time. We need a quality LB though ...

The AM spot is another issue ... but I'm curious to see how Binho does in a free role, running, working, etc. once Pato's back. But if we can pick up a quality AM in the winter, we should go for it. LB though should be our priority.

Signature
SEVEN
Old 09-12-2010, 14:41   #285
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Quote:
I know we've beaten Shakhtar before, but this team is a lot more fine-tuned than the ones we faced in 07-08 and 04-05. I wouldn't call them walk-overs by any means ... but surely better than Barca, Chelsea, United ...

Spurs I think we can take down. Their defense isn't by any means solid ... and like some have mentioned, if Abate's got the pace and defensive ability to somewhat cope with Ronaldo, then I would fancy his chances of giving Bale a hard time. We need a quality LB though ...

The AM spot is another issue ... but I'm curious to see how Binho does in a free role, running, working, etc. once Pato's back. But if we can pick up a quality AM in the winter, we should go for it. LB though should be our priority.
Even i think that Abate can keep Bale in his pocket for 1 leg, not sure about 2 matches. However, if Bale doesnt perform then they have Lennon and we would have no answer to his pace, unless we play the roughhouse midfield trio and keep Boateng on him for most of the game.

I doubt we will pick up any AMs, Ganso and Lamela are both Non EU and we've gone rather cold on Honda. People are jizzing about Cassano but dont realize that hes been playing SS in a 442 for the last several years. Hes not the answer by any means, we need an out and out number 10.

A wildcard option would be Lazzari, though a lot depends on Ronaldisco. If he moves away swiftly then we will move for someone and i suspect Lazzari if not then we are stuck.

I have a feeling we are destined to get Chelsea and Carlo

Last edited by acmilan4ever; 09-12-2010 at 14:44.
Old 09-12-2010, 14:56   #286
Raghav
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho

Quote:
Even i think that Abate can keep Bale in his pocket for 1 leg, not sure about 2 matches. However, if Bale doesnt perform then they have Lennon and we would have no answer to his pace, unless we play the roughhouse midfield trio and keep Boateng on him for most of the game.

I doubt we will pick up any AMs, Ganso and Lamela are both Non EU and we've gone rather cold on Honda. People are jizzing about Cassano but dont realize that hes been playing SS in a 442 for the last several years. Hes not the answer by any means, we need an out and out number 10.

A wildcard option would be Lazzari, though a lot depends on Ronaldisco. If he moves away swiftly then we will move for someone and i suspect Lazzari if not then we are stuck.

I have a feeling we are destined to get Chelsea and Carlo

With decent positioning he can be nullified. He is not a threat imo. He has alot of pace but his overall game is just about average.
Raghav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 15:39   #287
GreatKalu
I still believe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav View Post
With decent positioning he can be nullified. He is not a threat imo. He has alot of pace but his overall game is just about average.
True ... but our LBs haven't been confidence inspiring to be honest. If we had a decent LB like Abate's turning out to be a decent RB, then ok. But Zambro and Antonini have been decidedly poor.

acmilan4ever ... Cassano would be a good signing, but I think the problem is that we need an AM who would be much more involved in our play, both offensively and defensively ... both on and off the ball. I don't see Cassano as this player. Much like I thought Dinho and Ibra wouldn't complement each other, I think Cassano and Ibra wouldn't as well.

He would've been fine if we needed depth ... but we need more than depth. We need a starting AM or risk having to chose between Clarence and KPB who have been our best options thus far. Whether Binho can make the role his after Pato returns remains to be seen ... certainly Allegri doesn't seem to think so.

Signature
SEVEN

Last edited by GreatKalu; 09-12-2010 at 15:41.
Old 09-12-2010, 16:08   #288
theduck7
AC Milan Legend

Schalke or Shakhtar would be brilliant, bring on Man Utd I want revenge!!!!
theduck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 18:05   #289
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Not trying to blame Allegri or anything i still feel that he could have played few of the youngsters from the start. We didnt need to start Ambro, Pirlo or Flamini. We could have coped with Boateng, Strasser and Seedorf and at AM we couldve put Merkel.

I dunno what it is but at Milan they seem afraid to try out youth products. All the other Elite teams who were qualified and were playing a dead-rubber match played many youths. Its really the only way the mentality will start changing to risk playing more talented youngsters.

For ex, Bayern munich now have Kraft (22) as their goalie, Badstuber (21) and Contento (20) in defense. Kroos (20) and Mueller (21) at AM/SS and Alaba (18) as back up CM. All of these players other than Alaba featured for most part of the game last night, thats almost half the team. I can only dream of Milan doing something like that.
Old 09-12-2010, 18:41   #290
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck7 View Post
Schalke or Shakhtar would be brilliant, bring on Man Utd I want revenge!!!!
Schalke ? Clarence only needed 21.06 seconds to score against them.

holding 4th place behind del piero, gilberto silva and makaay..of course it's about fastest goals scored in CL

dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 21:43   #291
neutral
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
We actually have a shot ... if the ref is fair Remember when Rio should have been sent off for a challenge on Dinho?

Yup true .. Agreed, i think it would be a close affair, much closer than last year. Milan are stronger whilst United are weaker

Signature
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 22:10   #292
Patistico
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral View Post
Yup true .. Agreed, i think it would be a close affair, much closer than last year. Milan are stronger whilst United are weaker
Man Utd play as a team and have lots of movement. Those types of teams trouble us.

We're better off against a team like Bayern, if we must play a heavyweight. Here's my order of preference

Shaktar
Schalke
Tottenham
Bayern
Man Utd
Chelsea
Barca
Patistico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:49   #293
Revolution
Io Ci Credo

Fav. Players: Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patistico View Post
Man Utd play as a team and have lots of movement. Those types of teams trouble us.

We're better off against a team like Bayern, if we must play a heavyweight. Here's my order of preference

Shaktar
Schalke
Tottenham
Bayern
Man Utd
Chelsea
Barca
No to Shaktar, I'm rooting for they, they've had such a great run, I'd hate to have to crush them. Schalke... we all know Hunter would score against us. I think we'd have good results against Schalke or Tottenham, Chelsea has been in pretty bad for badly.

Signature
ONORATE I NOSTRI COLORI
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:31   #294
acmilan4ever
Fan of the Sheva's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
No to Shaktar, I'm rooting for they, they've had such a great run, I'd hate to have to crush them. Schalke... we all know Hunter would score against us. I think we'd have good results against Schalke or Tottenham, Chelsea has been in pretty bad for badly.
At this stage, the word 'crush is very overrated. We will have a tough time against any opponent or else they wouldnt have made it this far.

People want Schalke but looking at their group, they have on conceded 3 goals [mind you, Benfica and Lyon are strong attacking teams] and they have scored averagely. So dont think they would be easy at all.

Despite what most in here think of them, Shakhtar are actually pretty strong this season bar one match which was full of defensive errors for them. A trip to Ukraine wil not be easy by any means, however because of their lack of experience at this level i would favor us to beat them. But again it would be close...
Old 10-12-2010, 11:13   #295
IpnoXXI
Rookie

Wow, we got the most yellow cards in tournament phase

Yellow cards:
Team Average Total
Milan 2.83 17
Real Madrid 2.5 15
Benfica 2.33 14
H. Tel-Aviv 2.33 14

Kevin-Prince Boateng 2
Gennaro Gattuso 2
Luca Antonini 2
Gianluca Zambrotta 2

Rodney Strasser 1
Mathieu Flamini 1
Massimo Ambrosini 1
Ignazio Abate 1
Daniele Bonera 1
Robinho 1
Clarence Seedorf 1
Alessandro Nesta 1
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 1
IpnoXXI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 13:10   #296
Dutchie-Milan
AC Milan Legend

Just no Barca and Chelsea,we will probably draw someone tough..I just hope its Bayern in that case,its my birthday on 17 december,going to turn 18 and i hope for a good present from Uefa..(Shaktar/Schalke)
Dutchie-Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 16:11   #297
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

I forgot about Bayern. They can be tough as well especially if Robben is fit.
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 17:42   #298
akewander
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Kaka , Maldini, Zidane, Pato, Thiago silva, Gattuso.

wow just saw the group standings;

real merda 16

ac milan 8

Signature
Winter Is Coming
akewander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 22:52   #299
SantaFe
Macrocosmic voyager

Quote:
Originally Posted by IpnoXXI View Post
Wow, we got the most yellow cards in tournament phase

Yellow cards:
Team Average Total
Milan 2.83 17
Real Madrid 2.5 15
Benfica 2.33 14
H. Tel-Aviv 2.33 14

Kevin-Prince Boateng 2
Gennaro Gattuso 2
Luca Antonini 2
Gianluca Zambrotta 2

Rodney Strasser 1
Mathieu Flamini 1
Massimo Ambrosini 1
Ignazio Abate 1
Daniele Bonera 1
Robinho 1
Clarence Seedorf 1
Alessandro Nesta 1
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 1
finally something that WE did better than the rest
SantaFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:51   #300
ulladullau
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Nesta and Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by akewander View Post
wow just saw the group standings;

real merda 16

ac milan 8
Yeah, least amount of points for a qualified team....not that it matters one bit
ulladullau is offline   Reply With Quote