Diego López Thread

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not a better shot-stopper than Abbiati - in fact Abbiati is better at that - however Lopez is much better at dealing with crosses/corners and is not injury-prone. Would be lovely to have both.

4m wage? No thanks.
2.5m? Sure why not as long as the transfer fee is low.

G.Costanza

AKA Costanza
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pippo, Jack
It's a good move since it will be him and Abbs in goal no more Amelia Agazzi bullshit.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Not a better shot-stopper than Abbiati - in fact Abbiati is better at that - however Lopez is much better at dealing with crosses/corners and is not injury-prone. Would be lovely to have both.

4m wage? No thanks.

Abbiati better shot stopper? I don't think so, debatable when he was in his prime but no where near it now. Lopez is borderline world class, probably one of the top 10 keepers in the world at the moment. Having Abbiati as 2nd keeper is great, he should be no where near the starting position anymore though let's be honest. Hopefully we can wrap this deal up as soon as possible.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Current Abbiat= shit. he is NOWHERE near Lopez's abilities. I can't believe this is being argued.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score

4m wage? No thanks.

Agree...lopez strong point is dealing with set pieces...exactly what we need.

Ploki

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Great signing!

Lopez 1st
Abbiati 2nd

Very solid!

Neenyg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
A goalkeeper who manages to keep out Casillas in the best team in the world?

Yes please.

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
from agazzi to this, yes please

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Just woke up and saw this on football italia:

Official: Diego Lopez agrees Milan terms

Diego Lopez is ready to sign for Milan after the Real Madrid goalkeeper’s agent agreed personal terms.

Real Madrid had already agreed to hand him to the Rossoneri free of charge, save for performance-related bonuses at the end of the season.

According to Sky Sport Italia, talks carried on overnight and details were whittled down this morning in a face-to-face meeting with representative Manuel Garcia Quillon.

There had been concerns yesterday that Diego Lopez’s wage demands could scupper the move, but the situation has been sorted out, as confirmed by Milan Channel - the club's official television station.

It's believed the wage demands dropped from €4m per season to €2.5m with add-ons.

"It is 99 per cent done," confirmed CEO Adriano Galliani.

The goalkeeper is due to sign a four-year contract after undergoing his medical on Monday, the same day Pablo Armero joins on loan from Udinese.

http://www.football-italia.net/54106/official-diego-lopez-agrees-milan-terms

AWESOME!!!!!:jump::dance::jump:

kujta

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
deal done,mamma mia,4 year contract for an oldie?bye bye perin,hope you will go to the most completed team in serie A RUBENTUS

Shadow47

Young Assassin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Dida, Pippo, Nesta, Van Bommel, Huntelaar, Stephan, Pazzo, De Sciglio. Ribery
move da thread

grazie ancelotti

MKD_z0ki

Chosen One
Reaction score
south_park_stan.jpg

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I cant believe it. After a decade of mediocrity meelan finally has a excellent goalkeeper. Best buy since ibra.

And its all thanks to that 5:1 trashing from city and accazi being epic shite. Grazie! Pre season thrashings are the new italian pre-electoral campaigns.:proud:

now perma bench that ''superior shot stopper'' asap ples.

milanoldfarts

Banned
Reaction score
I cant believe it. After a decade of mediocrity meelan finally has a excellent goalkeeper. Best buy since ibra.

And its all thanks to that 5:1 trashing from city and accazi being epic shite. Grazie! Pre season thrashings are the new italian pre-electoral campaigns.:proud:

Lol...wouldn't compare him to Ibra signing....still great signing tho...I always liked Lopez when I saw him for Real

Agazzi? I think he's going to Sassuolo :g:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

true but dont compare this guy to ibra lol. Ibra was probably our best signing since sheva perhaps. Best shevchenko replacement everrrrrrr.

Sovilhelm

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN
now to get rid of agazzi

ForzaACM

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka Zidane R9 Robben Nesta Henry Suarez Messi Maldini Rivaldo Iniesta Dinho Sheva Pippo
Excellent news! He will solidify our GK position for the next 2-3 seasons at least. 33 is perfect age for a GK. In his prime, very happy with this signing!!

Now we must continue to get rid of shit players(Agazzi + Mexes at least)
and Add another winger and a CM.
Don't sell NDJ for anything less than 15 mill either.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Why get agazzi in the first place? :fp:

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Current Abbiat= shit. he is NOWHERE near Lopez's abilities. I can't believe this is being argued.

Yes.

A goalkeeper who manages to keep out Casillas in the best team in the world?

Yes.

I cant believe it. After a decade of mediocrity meelan finally has a excellent goalkeeper.

The first Milan-level signing of this summer. Finally a top quality keeper.

I bet most Perin groupies haven't even watched any of his matches last season, except for a few super save compliations on YouTube.
Perin is still extremely error prone due to his age, like almost every other young goalkeeper. Nowhere near the level of Milan #1.
These same groupies would turn against him as soon as he conceded 1-2 fluke goals. And he conceded a lot more flukes even last season.

Ploki

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
get him for free sell him for profit

This tactic has not worked good for Milan. We haven't managed to get our free fodder sold and we also must pay lots of wages. I suppose there are so many average footballers out there that it is no problems for clubs to get average players for free.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He's a level above our keepers, no doubt.
Like him since his Villareal days

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Seemingly, he had been punished by his association with Mourinho

Too much politics in Madrid.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Training with Casillas, Lopez and Navas. The fitness levels seem quite different between Casillas and the other two.

Not a better shot-stopper than Abbiati - in fact Abbiati is better at that

Huh?

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score
excellent signing if true. At the moment he shits all over Perin

With him we'll have a world class keeper for the next 4 years

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
#SuperLopez

This guy was neglected by the Madrid/Spanish media because he was a Mourinho signing and he benched their saint legend Iker

The truth is he was a starter under BOTH Mourinho and Carletto. Facts speak for themselves.

Top, Top, Top GK. Our only truly WC player.

Never in my wildest mercato fantasies could I imagine G spending on a top GK.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Never in my wildest mercato fantasies could I imagine G spending on a top GK.

He didnt spend. He's far too clever to spend when market situations present themselves without fail every single time.

Schedule