Vincenzo Montella Thread

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
What game are you watching?

We are 2 goals down and Zapata, Borini are just trying to get rid of the ball. Nobody wants to take the initiative and run towards the goal. They are not even running, just jogging around.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
My advice to Montella is, call Berlusconi and ask him what to do, a man that won 5 Champions League is totally allowed to have some opinions on this team. :D

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Where is it possible to find stats about distance covered by the teams and individual players? I am feeling we are somewhere at the bottom.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
What game are you watching?

We are 2 goals down and Zapata, Borini are just trying to get rid of the ball. Nobody wants to take the initiative and run towards the goal. They are not even running, just jogging around.

is the tactics, if you ever play football you will stick with what the coaching is proposing, i mean, some are jogging and some are sitting on the bench costing 40millions.

and at this point, players are trying to take Montella off the picture.

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
and this team is setup to do this?? Team doesnt even is having a plan, 433, 352, 3412, 3421 ?

maybe you just dont understand.
you want the team to play a fixed formation>? that is your problem.

we had an excellent first half, second we crushed after the goal, but not the formation was differnce tonight, lets be real. higuin, dybala, chiellini, they made the difference tonight..

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
c2fd4c72e8a09d6cae5923950507acf5.jpg

LOL i almost cracked up my face .. this man surely got something damaged inside his brain .. :D

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
would fire him for the psychological impact alone. the team has no drive

VillaiN

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
would fire him for the psychological impact alone. the team has no drive

Absolutely. Team needs bitch slap.

And some re still defending him :lol:
No confidence, no flow in play, every attack must start from gk, player re static.
Must be fans mistake.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players

we had an excellent first half, second we crushed after the goal, but not the formation was differnce tonight, lets be real. higuin, dybala, chiellini, they made the difference tonight..

Our image of an "excellent first half" is very very different.

The team now is like a flaccid penis. The potential is there...but there is no motivation

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players

nah, the team still unable to hold the ball, is with 1 striker again, is getting crownded on the defensive field(thats why players are jogging), instead of improve is going backwords.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
dont put this on montella.

the team played well most of the game, the difference was made by players.

did you see what higuain did to rodriguez on the second goal? or dybala to biglia before?
has any of our players beside suso even try an attempt to dribble?
Did you see how compact Juve play in defense? Individual errors happen when you force players into 1 on 1 situations with no cover. We are conceding as many goals as bottom of the table teams.
That's one of the many issues Montella could try to fix it he knew what he was doing.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
I want him gone no doubt..but still can't figure out who to get instead

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Vincenzo Montella insists Milan played “on level terms with Juventus, but not everyone has a striker like Gonzalo Higuain.”

This guy's post-match declarations are even worse than his tactical setup. I can't even express how disgusted I am... and not about the result itself, as about the attitude shown by the team and coach.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Vincenzo Montella insists Milan played “on level terms with Juventus, but not everyone has a striker like Gonzalo Higuain.”

This guy's post-match declarations are even worse than his tactical setup. I can't even express how disgusted I am... and not about the result itself, as about the attitude shown by the team and coach.
Nice, he just took a massive shit on our attackers.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Completely agree with his assessment.

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Montella was actually a pretty great striker back in his day.
He'd have done better than Kalinic if he was on the field
And by that I don't mean if we had peak Roma Montella
I mean if he took off his diesels and laced up :o

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
He's not completely wrong...

In other news I think I've figured out our next coach...

The man for a crisis..

images

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Need wins against all six of the relatively minor matches remaining. Sassuolo, Benevento, Verona, Bologna, Torino, Atalanta.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Need wins against all six of the relatively minor matches remaining. Sassuolo, Benevento, Verona, Bologna, Torino, Atalanta.

Unfortunately that won't be enough to get us back into the champions league spots. Too much damage already done.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Unfortunately that won't be enough to get us back into the champions league spots. Too much damage already done.

34 points in the first round will be a decent foundation and should leave us 4-5 points behind 4th spot.

Schedule