1/4 - Netherlands (2) vs. Brazil (1) - July 2nd

Who will make the semis?

• Total voters

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
Seriously, I think Holland has an excellent chance. Robben is getting healthier, Sneijder is as dangerous as anyone right now, and Kuyt offers tons of energy. van Peirse was bitching about Hunter replacing him, so maybe he will come out hard trying to make himself look better.

Brazil's FBs will be busy trying to deal with the Orange attackers, and De Jong or someone will keep on Kaka and limit what he can do. add in the midfield injuries and Robinho and Fabiano will have limited chances, which helps out the Dutch defense.

I think that Van Persie was bitching because he thoughts that Sneijder should be the one to go out, lol. Such a douche bag.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can't wait for this game.

Talking about De Jong..

I predict he'll get a red card.... it's about time the dirty fucker gets one.

I wouldn't call De Jong dirty - he's just a hard bastard. Van Bommel, on the other hand...

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I think that Van Persie was bitching because he thoughts that Sneijder should be the one to go out, lol. Such a douche bag.

here were his comments-

"What I said to Van Marwijk was not over the top," Van Persie said.

"I just want to be important to the team and score. I wanted to stay on as we would have had more space with Slovakia chasing an equaliser, and I felt that I could profit from that.

"I have hardly scored and that was gnawing at me, although I played well."

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Van Basten was what? Dutch?

Then it's settled. I'm for Holland.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
I'm wondering how the Brazilians are thinking about us & this match.

Milanista

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
03 , 08

1. brazil - " the dutch are easy we knock them down easy "

2. final score ned 3 - brazil 2

3. brazil - maicon to kaka " i thought you said you can knock the dutch out "

4. kaka to fabiano " no i didnt i thought it was you "

5. fabiano to coach - " you did , you did !! "

6. nederland has the last laugh

7. hello uruguay or ghana

8. hup holland hup

9. the end.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I'm honestly not too much worried. I'm not a fan of those dutch defenders and I don't use to give much credit to teams without great defenses.

I'm not saying that Brazil is going to win for sure. Netherlands has a strong culture of football, every players in the mid are skilled and I'm a big fan of Kuyt's efforts and power of decision but I think that Brazil has more chances to stop Netherlands attack than the vice-versa.

The teams that most make me worried so far are Uruguay and Germany.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well if Uruguay is worry-ing you i won't care a lot about your opinion.
But thx.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well if Uruguay is worry-ing you i won't care a lot about your opinion.
But thx.

Their defense is great and they caused problems to Brazil during Copa América. Now their attack is way more efficient than in the last time Brazil met them.

If Uruguay holds the result up for 90 minutes and scores in the very end, Brazil would be screwed up.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Every country that defends with 8 players is 'great'. Even New-Zealands. Uruguay is pretty mediocre team.

& Brazil isn't going to make it, so they won't get screwed up.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Every country that defends with 8 players is 'great'. Even New-Zealands. Uruguay is pretty mediocre team.

& Brazil isn't going to make it, so they won't get screwed up.

I don't think that Uruguay can be compared with New Zealand or be called "mediocre". They have a very strong defense and an efficient attack. Their mid isn't creative but Forlán is playing this role good so far.

You won't find players like Lugano, Godin, Fucile, Suarez and Forlán in New Zealand.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No offcourse not, but i'm saying that a team with awfull players can defend well when they are fit and play with 8 guys in the back. Defending is the most easy thing in football when you do it that way. Controlling/dominating is the most difficult thing to do. Uruguay didn't do nothing like that.

They aren't from the level Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Netherlands & Spain.
They are Paraguay, Ivory Coast, Chili etc.

ps. and you don't find players like Robben in Brazil.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You don't find world cup winners in the Netherlands either.
But you will find the best European footballer & the best European football team here.

Greetings from QF.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
No offcourse not, but i'm saying that a team with awfull players can defend well when they are fit and play with 8 guys in the back. Defending is the most easy thing in football when you do it that way. Controlling/dominating is the most difficult thing to do. Uruguay didn't do nothing like that.

They aren't from the level Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Netherlands & Spain.
They are Paraguay, Ivory Coast, Chili etc.

ps. and you don't find players like Robben in Brazil.

So you're saying that italian culture of football is something easy and managers like Ancelotti, Lippi and Trappatoni are worthless?

If a team don't know how to defend, this team will just delay their defeat. Play with a defensive tactic is not something easy at all.

Lol, you put Spain in the same level as Brazil and Uruguay in the same level as Chile? Really? Also, if we give a look into a recent past we'll see Uruguay giving a hard work to Brazil in Copa América and Netherlands being defeated by Russia in Euro.

I may find players better than Robben in Brazil. The only reason I might not find a player just like Robben is because the football cultures are different. In Brazil this kind of player is often used as winger.

In Brazil, left/right forwards are usually selfish players that want space to make useless moves to the cameras and never come back to mark. I'm glad that the only one like this in the NT squad is Robinho and fortunally he's not trying so much useless moves like he used to.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lol, you put Spain in the same level as Brazil and Uruguay in the same level as Chile? Really? Also, if we give a look into a recent past we'll see Uruguay giving a hard work to Brazil in Copa América and Netherlands being defeated by Russia in Euro.
There are reasons for the defeat against Russia.
But you forgot to say we schooled both World Cup finalists & top qualifier Romania in the group of death.

But ok, lets take a look in the recent past. We are unbeaten for 23 games, won the last 12 official (8 qualifier, 4 wc games). Uruguay 5th in South America, yes they are decent but they are not among the 8 best teams in the world. Definetly not.

I can't believe how you fear Uruguay more then the Netherlands :proud:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I'm with him TBH. Uruguay might be the most surprising (for me) impressive sides or tournament. Behind them is Ghana, Japan, Paraguay.

Looking at way netherlands play, i will be surprised if brazil don't bang 3 or 4 in off counters. And off left side when van der weil over extends himself. Is it just me or did he look really shaky last 2 games...positionally he was waiting to be exposed

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But you will find the best European footballer & the best European football team here.
When did you become Spain?

As Brazil, I would. Brazil look like they struggle against really strong teams defensively, as good as the Netherlands are as a unit defensively, I still feel like they'll get exposed.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are reasons for the defeat against Russia.
But you forgot to say we schooled both World Cup finalists & top qualifier Romania in the group of death.

But ok, lets take a look in the recent past. We are unbeaten for 23 games, won the last 12 official (8 qualifier, 4 wc games). Uruguay 5th in South America, yes they are decent but they are not among the 8 best teams in the world. Definetly not.

I don't see any reason other than Hiddink.

Uruguay actually is among the 8 best teams in the world. Who would be the 8 teams better than them?

I fear Uruguay more because as said, his chances of keep 0x0 for the whole game and score in the very end aren't that hard to happen while I don't see many ways of how Netherlands could beat Brazil other than brazilians own mistakes, accidents.

Also, if Netherlands score a goal against Brazil, I can see Brazil getting recovered easily than living the same situation against Uruguay, that has a stronger defense.

It's not about Uruguay being better or worse than Netherlands. I just think that dutch's style is less dangerous to Brazil than uruguaian's.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Brazil look like they struggle against really strong teams defensively, as good as the Netherlands are as a unit defensively, I still feel like they'll get exposed.

Exactly.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Perfect example of that would be North Korea, Brazil scraped a win there, then they beat the Ivory Coast 3-1 because they attacked them. Uruguay wouldn't be stupid enough to make that mistake, and with Forlan - Suarez, they are always going to be threat going forward.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Brazil will win. This world cup is theirs. :mad:

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Perfect example of that would be North Korea, Brazil scraped a win there, then they beat the Ivory Coast 3-1 because they attacked them. Uruguay wouldn't be stupid enough to make that mistake, and with Forlan - Suarez, they are always going to be threat going forward.

One nice long shot by Forlán or Suarez with Jabulani screwing Julio Cesar and they would put the whole team to defend.

If Netherlands score a goal I can totally see Brazil having an easier path to equalise.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

IMO, uruguay are a CAM from being a strong fav to win whole thing. Forlan has done an admirable job filling in as the #10 but thats not his best role.

However Ghana are a well organized tough side themselves so i won't count that as an auto win. The only game i have strong confidence on a win is brazil over netherlands. As great as dutch are, they could not match up better or Brazil to take advantage

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'm with him TBH. Uruguay might be the most surprising (for me) impressive sides or tournament. Behind them is Ghana, Japan, Paraguay.

Looking at way netherlands play, i will be surprised if brazil don't bang 3 or 4 in off counters. And off left side when van der weil over extends himself. Is it just me or did he look really shaky last 2 games...positionally he was waiting to be exposed
Uruguay defended great, thats all for me. Nothing special. Attacking football is way more difficult. I rate Ghana's perfomance better then Uruguay's. Also Mexico impressed me a lot even though they had a lot of bad luck in a few matches. But they tried to play attractive football, thats worth a lot to me.

Well, i think you will be suprised. No way this is going to be a walk over for Brazil.

And yes, Bronckhorst & vd Wiel were awfull against Slovakia. Bronckie usually is. Thats the only position where i'm a bit worried about. Maicon will go through him instead of around him.

When did you become Spain?
I know he lives in Barcelona, but Cruijff definetly is Dutch.

As Brazil, I would. Brazil look like they struggle against really strong teams defensively, as good as the Netherlands are as a unit defensively, I still feel like they'll get exposed.
Yep, because Brazil isn't that impressive either with their 8 players behind the ball and 3 up front.

Seriously when you play with G. Silva, Melo & Elano against North - Korea you're a scared little girl. Brazil always skip their midfield because they can't hit a ball properly. They sit back & then get the ball to the front 3 as fast as they can and hope something good happens.

I don't see any reason other than Hiddink.
One of the players daughter (that have been born earlier that tournament) died 2 days before the game. That does count. Even though Hiddink did great, yes.

Also, if Netherlands score a goal against Brazil, I can see Brazil getting recovered easily than living the same situation against Uruguay, that has a stronger defense.
True, because then even Cavani and Suarez will be midfielders. We just don't play like that. Certainly not against the big teams. Against France & Italy we let the defense being very exposed. We took the lead and when the pressure of France was really high we put Robben & v Persie in instead of defenders (Uruguay, Brazil style sub) and they immedeatly connected and provided 2 goals.

I don't care we conced 3 on friday if we score 4. But i guess Brazil will stay back until the whole match hoping for the lead so they can kill the game.

It's not about Uruguay being better or worse than Netherlands. I just think that dutch's style is less dangerous to Brazil than uruguaian's.
Well i think our style of play on this tournament can be very effective against Brazil. Because we control the game instead of launching attack after attack (Chili style) so there will be limited options for Brazil to launch counter attacks.

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dutch football legend Johan Cruyff has declared that he would never pay to see Dunga's Brazil, who he believes have been a shame for the fans at the World Cup.

As Brazil prepare to face Netherlands in Friday's quarter-final in Port Elizabeth, Cruyff has declared that the Selecao don't make use of their talent and are a defensive side who do not live up to legendary Brazil stars.

"I'd never pay for a ticket to see the Brazil team. They have talented players but they play very defensive and are not very interesting," Cruyff said, as quoted by Marca.

"It is a shame for the fans and the tournament because they are one of the teams that people want to see.

"When it comes to Brazil I think of players like Gerson, Tostao, Falcao, Zico, Socrates ... Now they have the opposite, Gilberto, Felipe Melo, Michel Bastos, Julio Baptista... I would not pay for a ticket to go see them."

Johan :):star:
This Brazil is gay. The worst thing is when Kaká & Fabiano pick up a injury we'll see Baptista & Grafite...

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Johan :):star:
This Brazil is gay. The worst thing is when Kaká & Fabiano pick up a injury we'll see Baptista & Grafite...

1974 WC :star::proud: nice pick

Schedule