Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
It just came back to me... Stephon Murbury. Damn what a talent! He had one of the sickiest crossover, pure ankle braker mashine. He was the star in the Timberwolves, not KG. and what a waste... :fp:
Balo type of player?

He was never that good. More of a 'zarate' style talent. You know, nice skill and all leading you to see the potential... but a perennial loser with bad decision making.

Didn't know when to pass, when to shoot, turned it over too much, poor shot selection and worst of all... just thought he was a lot better than he was and thus never properly deferred.

And he was in no way the star of minnesota, lol. He was a hinderance to minnesota. KG was clearly best player and he tried to take over and made them worse.

It's not surprising when they traded Marbury for Terrell Brandon, Minnesota got ALOT better. Went from a team around .500 (strike year 25-25) to 50 win team.

-----

NBA is littered with these players, in my opinion. Guys who are skilled but not actually good. Though truth is, most don't get minutes/explosive Marbury got..

Last edited:

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
I don't agree totally with you. In Timberwolves he was great, when he left he fucked up!
And when you talk about bad decision maker my all-time favorite was The White Chocolate. 2-3 amazing passes and then 3 pt shot in fast brake with 2 free teamates from 9 metres :lol: :lol: :lol:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
End the lockout ffs

I wanna go see Monta light up the roaracle again...

and anytime we want to find a big man over 6ft8 who can actually play would be nice :fp:

sticky fingers!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
the lockout is absolute horseshit

david stern can suck my dick...whoever is responsible..time to suck my dick.

depriving me of nba....:thumbsdown: imma bout to quit my job and start protesting...

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
monta ellis....meh!

'good-scorer'...future marbury! :o
------------------------------
meanwhile.....

NBA Champion (2008)
2× NBA All-Star (2010–2011)
2× All-Defensive First Team (2010–2011)
NBA steals leader 2010 (total + per game)
Most assists in a single season (Celtics record): (2009–10)
Most steals in a single season (Celtics record): (2009–10)

rondo_display_image.jpg

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
monta ellis....meh!

'good-scorer'.
------------------------------

Nothing wrong with Rondo. I'm a huge Rondo fan. God I would love rondo in GSW. you seen Rondo in the uptempo? Everytime he plays GSw, PHoenix or Knicks he gets 15+ assists (fact, i looked it up, he's averaging over 16 actually)

But hey....remind me when Monta played with KG, PP,RayRay/Rondo or Perkins?

Rondo feeding Monta like BDiddy or CP3?!

God Monta with a proper PG-

My god, i mean he can create on his own like few in NBA... but it wouldn't hurt

Actually fuck it, i go back to my initial statement. Someone over 6ft8 who can play.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nothing wrong with Rondo. I'm a huge Rondo fan. God I would love rondo in GSW. you seen Rondo in the uptempo? Everytime he plays GSw, PHoenix or Knicks he gets 15+ assists (fact, i looked it up, he's averaging over 16 actually)

But hey....remind me when Monta played with KG, PP,RayRay/Rondo or Perkins?

Rondo feeding Monta like BDiddy or CP3?!

My god, i mean he can create on his own like few in NBA... but it wouldn't hurt

Actually fuck it, i go back to my initial statement. Someone over 6ft8 who can play.

rondo in an uptempo offense is the one thing that gives me hope for the celtics future....absolute dynamite.

i wonder how well rondo would do with ellis at the 2 guard tho...admitedly..i dont watch monta like you do...but it seems like he's weak at the 2 spot defensively?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
rondo in an uptempo offense is the one thing that gives me hope for the celtics future....absolute dynamite.

i wonder how well rondo would do with ellis at the 2 guard tho...admitedly..i dont watch monta like you do...but it seems like he's weak at the 2 spot defensively?

yeah he's tiny (6ft3) with t-rex arms (6ft3 wingspan compared to Rondo's 6ft9).

The biggest problem with Monta is he would require...
a) a big PG who can guard SGs (Baron)
b) some sort of ball movement triangle system where again, there's no true PG but he could guard them defensively
c) a wing who can run an offense (like Pippen or Lebron) so he cn again be 'de-facto PG'

----

Defensively he's done well v. PGs. Vs. Bulls we had him man up Rose and he shut him down. Problem is Steph Curry is even worse defensively on SGs than Monta, so Monta draw's assignment v. Kobe, Manu, etc. Guys who are 3-4 inches taller and 30-40 lbs heavier.

Steph, can play PG, but he's no Rondo, Nash or Paul. He'll always be more of a7 assist point guard who scores a lot.

That's why there's the constant rumors about trading one.

---

To be honest though, they could easily be a playoff backcourt (how far, is beyond me) but the fact team has no front court defensively (David Lee can't guard his own shadow and the rest are just worse) it only makes the backcourt's size problem worse. If Dwight Howard was sitting back there I'm sure it wouldn't be as big an issue. Infact we saw Dallas get over this with Tyson Chandler... however Kidd (even at 38) is big/strong enough to D up SGs

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
If only Rondo had a decent shot. They leave him always open for shots and he doesn't take them (or he missed them with high %). How can one PG have such a disastrous shot from distance, 3p and from FT aswell it's beyond my logic!

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
If only Rondo had a decent shot. They leave him always open for shots and he doesn't take them (or he missed them with high %). How can one PG have such a disastrous shot from distance, 3p and from FT aswell it's beyond my logic!

They only leave him open cause he won't take them.

still, Rondo is awesome. Some people claim he's a creation of big 3. But in my opinion, he's grown so much as a player. You could put him on other teams and he'd make them so much better, cause he finds players like only Paul and Nash can.

KG called him smartest player he's ever seen. KG doesn't lie.

My point is simple. I can find you a 100 guys who can hit 3s around 40%, dozens of PF/Centers who can finish a pick and roll.

I can't find you many guys to control a game and get everyone involved.

Reminds me a bit of a younger JKidd. Not as good persay, but makes up for it in pure guts.

Celts will be interesting. Everyone except Rondo and Pierce's contracts expire next summer. If they want they could make a heavy pursuit of Dwight howard and re-up KG on a smaller deal.

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Because his hands are too big. Same problem was with Shaq and free throws. Try to shoot on little basket with tennis ball, and you'll see the point.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Because his hands are too big. Same problem was with Shaq and free throws. Try to shoot on little basket with tennis ball, and you'll see the point.

Eh....

Rondo's jumpshot has atrocious form. Elbow out, etc.

Duncan has big hands.... He's been a constant 70+% free throw shooter. Yao Ming? Even better...

Yes he has big hands but it's not the main reason.

IMO both suffer from bad form. In Shaq's case more practice. Why even practice shooting, why would he never need to learn to shoot jumpers.

I'll quote former Warrior asisstant coach/one of NBA great shooters, Mark Price-
His technique is also suspect. "Rajon had what I call a flying elbow," says former Cleveland Cavaliers sharpshooter Mark Price, who now tutors other N.B.A. players. "He had too much motion by the time he released the ball and put the ball behind his head a little bit. He has to keep the elbow beneath the ball and have a little bit more of a quicker release as well."

rajon_rondo.jpg

awful form.

Compare to someone like Curry or Ray Allen-
stephen-curry-jumpshot.png
ray-allen-jumpshot-1.jpg

Textbook perfection

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Don't know if I linked this before, but I recommend anyone who likes hoops to read it-

On Jason Kidd and "Win Time", and the Greatest Clutch Lineup on Earth

http://thepaintedarea.blogspot.com/2011/06/on-jason-kidd-and-win-time-and-greatest.html

Kinda touches on Dallas' organization shift in analysis, scouting and game planning that led to championship.
"Messi once entered the bedroom of a girl with whom he hoped to score. The girl tells him to get comfortable and she leaves the room to go freshen up. To her amazement, when she returns, she finds him lying on the bed completely nude with two other naked guys and shouts; "WHAT'S GOING ON?"...Smiling Messi calmly replies: "I am sorry dear, but I can't perform without Xavi and Iniesta!"

http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=1027431&postcount=1112

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Just as I was starting to regain my interest and knowledge on NBA this shit happens. It sucks since I got a yearly subscription, now im left with WNBA bullshit.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Just as I was starting to regain my interest and knowledge on NBA this shit happens. It sucks since I got a yearly subscription, now im left with WNBA bullshit.

LOL.

Though, I have NBAtv... and it's just showing 'classic games'. Which is kind of cool.

Short shorts!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
LOL.

Though, I have NBAtv... and it's just showing 'classic games'. Which is kind of cool.

Short shorts!

Oh man NBA players on short shorts used to scare me (when I saw classic games/clips), they all looked ridiculously big and powerful.

wilt.jpg

05.05.11%2BWilt%2BChamberlain%2Bphila.jpg

43_430-walter-iooss-bill-russell-and-wilt-chamberlain-1967.jpg

kareem2.jpg

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
How good is Lamar? And is he better than the player who's married to Kim Kardashian?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
How good is Lamar? And is he better than the player who's married to Kim Kardashian?

:fp: for kardashian Q

I'll give you football analogy.

Lamar Odom is Berbatov. Godly talent. A bit too passive/reserved/team oriented to truly reach his total potential. He should be the type of guy who scores a lot in addition to his wonderful passing (extremely gifted passer/high iq for a big guy), and defending.

Humphrey's who Kim married is like your classic midtable grinder. I guess he's ok enough, but hardly a special player. Just works hard. Infact he really was a nobody (NBA wise) till a year or so ago. And still is by no means special.

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
Lamar Odom is one of the purest talents in the NBA. So universal, can play from PG to PF and have great sense for assist and great sense for the game itself. So intelligent player.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Lamar Odom is one of the purest talents in the NBA. So universal, can play from PG to PF and have great sense for assist and great sense for the game itself. So intelligent player.

Agreed, but you have to say to a degree... he's a dissapointment

He has to the talent to be a 20 point, 10 rebound, 5 assist a game guy like Webber, Garnett and Duncan did in their prime years.

But Odom for all his intelligence and skill, has always been passive. Like he'll just go games w/o being interested in scoring.

He's got talent to be star of a team, but not the mentality like those names which is why he fits in perfect to takes as their #3 guy.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
I watched Chloe + Lamar a while ago when my sky was broke and he seems pretty laid back. Everyone walks over him + takes advantage of his money.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Seems they are closing in on a deal. Predicting NBA will start before Xmas at this rate. Probably early december.

I watched Chloe + Lamar a while ago when my sky was broke and he seems pretty laid back. Everyone walks over him + takes advantage of his money.

yup. Laid back is an excellent way to describe him.

He's gotten criticism his whole career for being aloof or not tuned into games.

His talent is undeniable. One of my fav players to watch cause he can do so many things, play every position at a high level. But he has always lacked that killer instinct/consistent drive.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
LOL.

Short shorts!

Yeah I get those too thank god, theyre obsessed with the celtics.

As for Odom, I remember when he was a Clippers player, he was kinda like your main go to guy, since joining the lakers he became just another brick in the wall because its a team full of stars. Maybe he should join a team that is aspiring to be the best but not quite there.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:mad: FUCKKKKKKKKK I NEEEEEEED NBAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SHITTTTTTTTTTT PISSSSSSSSS DICKKKKKKKKKKK IM FUCKING PISSSSSSSSSSED OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yeah I get those too thank god, theyre obsessed with the celtics.

As for Odom, I remember when he was a Clippers player, he was kinda like your main go to guy, since joining the lakers he became just another brick in the wall because its a team full of stars. Maybe he should join a team that is aspiring to be the best but not quite there.

yeah but even with clippers and heat... he never really had the go-to guy dna. Lakers might underutilize him, but he's kind of a guy you don't want to depend on to score more than 12-15. Let him rebound, play defense, pass, and score on occasion. All around great player.... lead dog, he's not.

but thing is there are so many lead guys, a guy like Odom is invaluable. Unselfish, does all the small things to win.

Every team would love him...

Schedule