Week 21: Brescia - Milan 24/01/2020 20:45 CET

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
We need to buy a LB and move Theo up.

Buy a DM to start instead of Kessie.

If we going to stick to 4-4-2 this is the only way. We gonna ripped to shreds by good teams like this.

Or we could buy a CB and move to 3-4-1-2 /3-5-2/ 3-4-3 .

Theo is clearly our most legit attacking threat and we need to unleash him.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
We need to buy a LB and move Theo up.

Theo is clearly our most legit attacking threat and we need to unleash him.

Someone pointed out nicely how Theo's attacking moves benefits from his position, how he's able to get into great attacking positions through being able to carry the ball from an unmarked position and pick up enough speed before facing the opponents and then bulldoze himself through. I think it makes a lot of sense and also think that we shouldn't fix what isn't broken. :)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
It’s a common mistake to try to move a strong offensive fullback up the field when he starts doing well. The reason he’s so good is because of his starting position. Theo should absolutely continue as an LB.

A_Wild_Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
I dont get this theory either.
An offensive wing back isnt a guaranteed hit as a wing,in fact its rare.
We should emphasize on his ability by fielding a wing back formation rather than changing his position.
Give him more freedom & cover to do his thing more often is the way to go.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
It’s a common mistake to try to move a strong offensive fullback up the field when he starts doing well. The reason he’s so good is because of his starting position. Theo should absolutely continue as an LB.

:thumbsup: Just find a better LM/CM rather than force Theo to swap roles when he's already phenomenal at LB.

Raghav

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Dinho
While I agree a lot of it could be due to his starting position and him finding space to rip into .. it doesn’t mean that’s the ONLY or the main reason why he is so good. Bale started as left back aswell and look what he did . Theo is so great in attacking areas and has good vision aswell . It’s not unthinkable that he could be a beast there. Imo he has all the qualities to do it but we’ll just have to wait and see!

Either ways we Deffo need to buy an LM who can cover his ass a little bit while still being good attacking wise. Romagnoli is slow and Bennacer is always likely to be on a yellow .. against good right wings of opponents I can see us getting destroyed sadly

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
While I agree a lot of it could be due to his starting position and him finding space to rip into .. it doesn’t mean that’s the ONLY or the main reason why he is so good. Bale started as left back aswell and look what he did . Theo is so great in attacking areas and has good vision aswell . It’s not unthinkable that he could be a beast there. Imo he has all the qualities to do it but we’ll just have to wait and see!

Either ways we Deffo need to buy an LM who can cover his ass a little bit while still being good attacking wise. Romagnoli is slow and Bennacer is always likely to be on a yellow .. against good right wings of opponents I can see us getting destroyed sadly

We need a better defensive structure overall. The moment we get a tough opponent after Atalanta that will be obvious again. Once you have a strong DM and much better defensive positioning, Theo at LB will look just fine.

Pioli at the moment is just risking a lot, which is okay against teams that can’t finish.

Schedule