The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

View Poll Results: Who should replace Carlo Ancelotti as Milan coach if he leaves?
Marcello Lippi 38 39.18%
Marco Van Basten 12 12.37%
Frank Rijkaard 21 21.65%
Jose Mourinho 25 25.77%
Arsene Wenger 7 7.22%
Luciano Spalletti 10 10.31%
Fabio Capello 10 10.31%
Cesare Prandelli 10 10.31%
Guus Hiddink 8 8.25%
Roberto Donadoni 2 2.06%
Luiz Felipe Scolari 4 4.12%
Jurgen Klinsmann 6 6.19%
Felix Magath 1 1.03%
Other 5 5.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2006, 09:42   #1
SouthClaw
Master of Hadou

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
Default Possible replacements IF Carlo left

No way back at AC Milan for Ancelotti
**************.com - February 3, 2006

Billy Costacurta has joined Paolo Maldini in being linked with Carlo Ancelotti's job at AC Milan.

Both Milan defenders are candidates to take over from Ancelotti in a caretaker role should the coach be shown the door before the end of the season.

Corriere dello Sport says this will Ancelotti's last season in charge of Milan - even if the Champions League is won. Ancelotti's relationship with Milan directors has deteriorated since last season's Champions League final in Istanbul and the coach has never won back their confidence.

A shortlist of names to succeed Ancelotti have already been drawn up, with Livorno coach Roberto Donadoni and Holland boss Marco van Basten joint favourites of Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani.

Old 04-02-2006, 09:45   #2
ARNOLD RIMMER
Second Technician

Fav. Players: Pippo, DeSciglio

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiddiqu

Billy Costacurta has joined Paolo Maldini in being linked with Carlo Ancelotti's job at AC Milan.

Both Milan defenders are candidates to take over from Ancelotti in a caretaker role should the coach be shown the door before the end of the season.

Corriere dello Sport says this will Ancelotti's last season in charge of Milan - even if the Champions League is won. Ancelotti's relationship with Milan directors has deteriorated since last season's Champions League final in Istanbul and the coach has never won back their confidence.

A shortlist of names to succeed Ancelotti have already been drawn up, with Livorno coach Roberto Donadoni and Holland boss Marco van Basten joint favourites of Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani.

Signature

ARNOLD RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:36   #3
MaGasTeR
Pride of Yorkshire

Fav. Players: Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini

/ban **************
F*cking lame rumours.

Signature
After all that you really do have to ask yourself if it was all worth it... course it fucking was!
MaGasTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:50   #4
Rizini
Rookie

Fav. Players: Maldiini, Sheva, Ambro
Default ???

sweet not a bad combo
Rizini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:01   #5
Pipa
Rotten Apple

Everything from ************** is not true.
Pipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:02   #6
Torcida
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipa
Everything from ************** is not true.
correct
Torcida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:35   #7
Luis
You'll never drink alone!

Fav. Players: Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torcida
correct
yes, BUT Milan rumours.... they are always right about milan, i donno how But its my opinion, maybe i'm wrong, anyway... i prefer Maldini & Costacurta rather than Carletto Ancelotti

Signature
Luis
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:41   #8
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Default Milan look to Van Basten !

Milan look to Van Basten
(Saturday 4 February, 2006)
* channel4.com *

Despite patron Silvio Berlusconi’s reassurances, it’s reported Milan legend Marco Van Basten has been chosen to replace Carlo Ancelotti next season.
Ancelotti is under considerable pressure after falling 12 points behind leaders Juventus in the Scudetto race and their shock elimination from the Coppa Italia at the hands of Palermo.
As he ended last season empty-handed, failure to lift the Champions League trophy in May would almost certainly see the Coach sacked.

“Ancelotti is this club’s present, but he is also its future,” assured patron Berlusconi in a television interview. “You saw my rapport with Arrigo Sacchi in the 1990s – that is the same relationship I have with Carlo.”

However, Berlusconi has never been shy about publicly criticising his Coach’s tactics and often dictating changes to him.
The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ reports today that Milan have already chosen another member of Sacchi’s all-conquering squad to lead the way from next season.
Van Basten was a key member of that line-up, which also boasted current Coaches Ancelotti, Frank Rijkaard and Roberto Donadoni.

‘The Swan’ has gone on to lead Holland to the World Cup finals and his contract runs until June 30 2008, but it’s claimed he has a clause releasing him after the tournament in Germany.

The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ claims Van Basten’s arrival would spark a revolution in the ageing side, including Andriy Shevchenko’s switch to Chelsea.
The Stamford Bridge outfit has been putting in multi-million pound bids for the former European Player of the Year for the last couple of campaigns and Milan could finally give in to raise funds for a new defence and midfield reinforcements.

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.
His smile, moments before he collapsed, will haunt me forever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4632546396732254867&q=feher
YUGOSLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:45   #9
Pipa
Rotten Apple

Shevchenko to Chelsea.....?? I don't think so........
Old 04-02-2006, 12:48   #10
Torcida
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9

shevchenko to chelsea,
this is the end
Torcida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:50   #11
Kyara
¤ Il Poeta ¤

Fav. Players: MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUGOSLAV
Milan look to Van Basten
* channel4.com *

Despite patron Silvio Berlusconi’s reassurances, it’s reported Milan legend Marco Van Basten has been chosen to replace Carlo Ancelotti next season.
Ancelotti is under considerable pressure after falling 12 points behind leaders Juventus in the Scudetto race and their shock elimination from the Coppa Italia at the hands of Palermo.
As he ended last season empty-handed, failure to lift the Champions League trophy in May would almost certainly see the Coach sacked.

“Ancelotti is this club’s present, but he is also its future,” assured patron Berlusconi in a television interview. “You saw my rapport with Arrigo Sacchi in the 1990s – that is the same relationship I have with Carlo.”

However, Berlusconi has never been shy about publicly criticising his Coach’s tactics and often dictating changes to him.
The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ reports today that Milan have already chosen another member of Sacchi’s all-conquering squad to lead the way from next season.
Van Basten was a key member of that line-up, which also boasted current Coaches Ancelotti, Frank Rijkaard and Roberto Donadoni.

‘The Swan’ has gone on to lead Holland to the World Cup finals and his contract runs until June 30 2008, but it’s claimed he has a clause releasing him after the tournament in Germany.

The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ claims Van Basten’s arrival would spark a revolution in the ageing side, including Andriy Shevchenko’s switch to Chelsea.
The Stamford Bridge outfit has been putting in multi-million pound bids for the former European Player of the Year for the last couple of campaigns and Milan could finally give in to raise funds for a new defence and midfield reinforcements.
Okay, I was grinning until I read the last paragraph.

Note: I've merged two threads, both were about who could replace Carlo should he leave and changed the thread title to "Possible replacement IF Carlo left". I've also stuck it so any similar news goes in here

Last edited by Kyara; 04-02-2006 at 12:56.
Kyara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 12:53   #12
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

I think it's only a pure rumour sayin' we'd give Sheva to get some good defenders. NOPE, we can and I HOPE we will do it the other/beter way.

Sheva + Milan = 4ever

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.

Last edited by YUGOSLAV; 04-02-2006 at 12:58.
Old 04-02-2006, 14:57   #13
persik
National Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by msiddiqu

Aha aha - and after Maldini with Costacurta failed - Brocci who will be then 40 will surely replace them, maybe even with asistance of Ibrahim Ba

Signature

are there any differences???

case 1 case 2
persik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 15:15   #14
Vernetti
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben

How about Sven Göran Erikson?

...and yes that was a joke.

Anyway, I think it could be interesting to have Hiddink for a couple of seasons. He always seem to get a whole out of nothing, wonder what he could do with a team like Milan.

Signature
WWW.BORUSSIAESBJERG.DK
Borussia Esbjerg
Vernetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 15:21   #15
Pipa
Rotten Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernetti
How about Sven Göran Erikson?

...and yes that was a joke.

Anyway, I think it could be interesting to have Hiddink for a couple of seasons. He always seem to get a whole out of nothing, wonder what he could do with a team like Milan.
But Hiddink is being linked with the England job too....
Old 04-02-2006, 17:04   #16
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

I could never accept him at A.C.M after that S.Korea - Azzurri match in WC 2002 : (

Signature

Old 04-02-2006, 17:36   #17
Sidd
सिद्धर्थ Rossonero

Quote:
Milan look to Van Basten
* channel4.com *
crap
wateva happens, even if we dont have a single lira left, we would never let go of sheva
Sidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 17:38   #18
Sidd
सिद्धर्थ Rossonero

Quote:
I could never accept him at A.C.M after that S.Korea - Azzurri match in WC 2002 : (
ooh yea ..another nightmare match
Sidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 18:56   #19
Yuchen Li
58 unbeaten !

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino

I think Maldini+Costarcurta instead of Ancelotti is possible. I had read some news in Chinese website, they said if Milan lost Lazio, Ancelotti 80% will leave and Maldini+Costarcurta instead of him.

But I think Basten and Rijakaard will not come. Basten said he wants to lead Hollands create a good job and Rijakaard maybe will continue in Barcerona. So they can not come here.

But for me, the most perfect thing is that Milan invite Juventus' coach have supper, but something wrong on the food, so after the supper, Juventus' coach was ill and he had to stay in hospital. So Milan give Ancelotti to Juventus ( Like loan Abbiati to Juventus because Kaka hurt Buffon ), and Milan will pay for the money to Ancelotti, so Juventus can get a new coach free .( although Juventus had been under Ancelotti ) .

Ancelotti goes to Juventus, Maldini+Costarcurta instead of him !!!! I think this is the most perfect !!

Signature

people laugh and people cry

some give up and some always try

some say "Hi" and some say "Bye"

others may forget you but never I

http://www.geocities.com/lyc_fish/loveandkiss.html
Yuchen Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 19:02   #20
Ozzy Croatia
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Henry, ballack, totti, puyol, gilardino, nesta

I want to see Guus Hiddink as MILAN coach