The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.



View Poll Results: Who was a better striker
Ronaldo 1 11.11%
Marco Van Basten 5 55.56%
They were both equally good since Marco wasn't that fast and Ronaldo couldn't head a beach ball 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2008, 16:21   #21
takahan
World Cup Winner
 
takahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Singapore
Default

In terms of scoring ability, no one can beat Ronaldo, not even MVB.
However MVB is a more important player in the Milan history than Ronaldo.
takahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 17:10   #22
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
 
zZ[-_-]Zz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Default

Forza Milan...

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 24-06-2008 at 01:50.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 18:58   #23
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default

Man above me:

You are neglecting ONE crucial fact : Capello has something against big names. If you think that he was right to kick out Ronaldo since Real won then you probably think that keeping Baggio on the bench (for Savecevic) and ADP (for Ibra) was right. And even if it was at the time can these pieces of data be used to say that Savecevic was better than Baggio or that Ibra was better than ADP??

Capello used Raul and RVN and got the results that he wanted but I'd be a jackass to think that either one of these two had quarter the talent Ronaldo has.

Him crying for Marco isn't unusual. Marco was Capello's best individual player...and the fact that he could STILL say that Ronaldo was better speaks VOLUMES to me.

My argument is based on factual events that did happen....you are assuming you know what he thinks deep down. Capello- like it or not is a team based manager...in that he couldn't give a shit what happened to an individual once the team was successful. With all his talent Ronaldo was not fitting into Capello's scheme so he sold him rather than have a discontented superstar on the bench. It's logical. Give him the chance and he might have well sold Totti at Roma too. He never let even his love for Cassano cloud his judgement - a move that served to trun Cassano against him. Your assertion that because he cried due to MVB's leaving is built on a faulty premise. And finally...if he loved Marco soooooo much he wouldn't have said that Ronaldo was better even if he believed it out of solidarity with Van Basten
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 18:59   #24
Uran
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Gjilan,Kosovo
Fav. Players: AC.Milan without Inzaghi
Default

I Votted Ronaldo
Uran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 19:04   #25
Quinni 17
Gold Tie Hero
 
Quinni 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
Default

I voted for MVB, although if Batistuta would have been there he would of got my vote, he was a complete player in every aspect. A legend like Ronie and MVB.
Quinni 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 19:08   #26
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default

Thanks for voting both men above me
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 19:18   #27
Centre
AC Milan Legend
 
Centre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Capello used Raul and RVN and got the results that he wanted
Can you add them to the Poll?? I'd like to change my vote.


Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
AC MILAN. we big dick. deal with it.
Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 20:22   #28
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
 
zZ[-_-]Zz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Default

Forza Milan...

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 24-06-2008 at 01:50.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 20:34   #29
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default

Man above me:

You chose to only look at the statement and ignore everything else....two could play that game you know. I know that I have to rely on recorded footage to see Van Basten....you've got me there. However YOU can't deny that Capello usually went after the brightest stars wherever he went. Logically at Real, Ronaldo and Beckham were going to be in trouble. Also many of my older friends who have been watching football since Pele only talk about Maradonna and Pele....(mostly Pele (they're THAT old loool ) ) and then they talk about Ronaldo. Sure they say Van Basten was great and a master at his profession but like me no one ever felt the sheer presence that Ronaldo (at his best of course) would bring into a game. Ronaldo once dribbled the ball straight to goal, turned around and did it over before he scored.

People often talk about Attackers toying with defenders when really the attackers are simply doing their best to keep the ball from the defense...Ronaldo REALLY toyed with defenders. His spanners (or "elasticos" if you like ) weren't as pretty as Ronaldinho's or Maradonna's but they were done at high speed and usually always worked.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 20:44   #30
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
 
zZ[-_-]Zz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Default

Forza Milan...

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 24-06-2008 at 01:50.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 20:51   #31
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default

You're welcome.... If you think that I feel inferior because of this you're wrong. I was born in 1982 so much of the 80's football and beyong I don't have much of a clue about first hand....that's why they invented the VCR etc. I'm pretty sure you could hold your own against a George Best or Garrincha or Zico fan.....Hell you might even be able to argue with a Di Stefano or Puskas fan..so don't look down on me because I didn't watch it live
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 21:06   #32
Sasha
The UNBANNABLE One
 
Sasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Urrth
Fav. Players: Azzurri e Rossoneri
Default

Capello probably said that out of pity for Ronaldo.




~there you go Sasha, adding fuel to the fire *chuckle, chuckle*


Signature

MILAN

Last edited by Sasha; 13-07-2010 at 04:36. Reason: ;) Keep up with the changes yo
Sasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 21:15   #33
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
 
zZ[-_-]Zz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Default

Forza Milan...

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 24-06-2008 at 01:50.
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 21:39   #34
Centre
AC Milan Legend
 
Centre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
facts is not video footages & reports... but seein' things as they happen...
I think you are confused on what "facts" means??


Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
AC MILAN. we big dick. deal with it.
Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 23:36   #35
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default

man above me:

Screw him.... it's 15-13 now
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 01:25   #36
Quinni 17
Gold Tie Hero
 
Quinni 17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: UK
Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
Default

It doesnt matter which one is better they are both legends and NOTHING can ever take that from them, Im just so happy that they will both be remembered in Milan history its a privelage to have had such wonderful players, it really makes it easy to bea Milan fan. Capello is a great coach I respect his views on Ronie.
Quinni 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 03:19   #37
gaizka22
Apprentice father
 
gaizka22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jakarta - Indonesia
Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinni 17
Im just so happy that they will both be remembered in Milan history.....
Great as they both are, they will be remembered differently in Milan history. MvBasten will be remembered as a true legend (in 1999 during Milan 100 year anniversary, he was voted as the 4th best player ever in Milan history) while Ronaldo will be remembered as just another Milan player. OK probably more than just another player - given his stature - but definitely way below MvB.


Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 05:35   #38
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤
 
menon_inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malaysia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaizka22
Great as they both are, they will be remembered differently in Milan history. MvBasten will be remembered as a true legend (in 1999 during Milan 100 year anniversary, he was voted as the 4th best player ever in Milan history) while Ronaldo will be remembered as just another Milan player. OK probably more than just another player - given his stature - but definitely way below MvB.
Well he has not officially retired yet so you never know. He might still come back, score in the cl final and will be a legend like inzaghi


Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------



Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 06:08   #39
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!
 
acerвιc wιт's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Default

Ronaldo is the closet player to reach Maradona's level, IMHO. Both players are legends of the game and if it weren't for their serious injuries, who knows how greater they could've become.


Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 07:14   #40
Beemer
AC Milan Icon
 
Beemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menon_inc
Well he has not officially retired yet so you never know. He might still come back, score in the cl final and will be a legend like inzaghi
Well, Pippo's been able to overcome injury and extend his career even though he's made out of soda crackers, so there's hope of Ronnie being able to do likewise.


Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:32.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.