Simone Verdi Thread

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Just finished watchin Udinese game for first time.....this kid needs more playing, by the time he's 20 he's ready.

yes but in our current system he won't get first team time until he is 28, at which point he will be at the same place he is currently. People will then talk about how he is still young and will be awesome.....................

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
yes but in our current system he won't get first team time until he is 28, at which point he will be at the same place he is currently. People will then talk about how he is still young and will be awesome.....................

:D lol, well all I know that Leo likes him a lot compare to other primavera players , even more than Albertazzi, so anything could happen

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
is he allowed to play in the league? or does he have to be 18?

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
is he allowed to play in the league? or does he have to be 18?

No he is allowed to play in the league, that 18 years old only apply to Brazil or maybe south american player, and it's not even restriction not to play just about getting professional contract to play abroad

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
if that is the case I would at least consider having him on the bench and try to get him some minutes. He is dynamic and has talent

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
if that is the case I would at least consider having him on the bench and try to get him some minutes. He is dynamic and has talent

That is a good idea, from time to time we could also let him play with the first team against not so good teams. It would be worth trying it if our other strikers can't score. I would like to have him as first team player in the future if he really turns out to be that great (and he can be with his talent).

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I just feel he helps to offer a lot of movement that we currently lack on our bench. With our new Inter signing having him on the bench is less vital, but I would still like him there against teams toward the bottom of the table.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think Leo watches him carefully, he has been training a lot with the senior team these days.. probably Leo's most favorite primavera kid so far, as galliani kept saying how fond Leo of verdi, so I'm sure when the time is right Verdi will have his chance

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Someone just posted he is called up for the Lazio game, I hope he gets at least 25 minutes to show what he can do

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Someone just posted he is called up for the Lazio game, I hope he gets at least 25 minutes to show what he can do

Yea, but I won't believe it until it's posted on the website. Given our player situation, we really should be calling up adiyiah, strasser or verdi, and romanogli.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he's pretty much our best player in primavera this season, we often sucks when verdi doesn't play.. getting trashed by printer last weekend is one of the good example of it..
hope he get's a call too

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he's pretty much our best player in primavera this season, we often sucks when verdi doesn't play.. getting trashed by printer last weekend is one of the good example of it..
hope he get's a call too

he deserves it, that's for sure. Let him sit on the bench for all the first team games, we have nothing to lose, maybe give him some playing time. He'd get a feel for the experience and probably learn some shit.

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
I hope he gets some playing time now, its not like we are contending for the title anymore and our third spot is firmly under control, I would like us to end up second though above inter, who must crash out of champions league, somebody mentioned to start him against Sampdoria on right flank instead of huntelaar who can come on as a substitute for boriello or start in place of boriello.
Anyways it will be a boost for his confidence.I hope galliani and leonardo have one or two kind words for this kid in there next press conference.
Forza Milan

Last edited:

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He was impressing yesterday and was great the whole game. Many good attacking moves created by him, he was a real threat for the Palermo defense. Verdi should sooner or later be in the first team imo, to get some more experience there. His performance yesterday for sure showed his worth and I hope that also our people from the first team saw that and let him get some playing time there too.
I really liked to see him moving around everywhere at the front and attacking from every side, that way you can really confuse your opponent's defense and be a big problem for them. Some players of our first team should take him as example and stop being so static and move around more like Verdi.

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
as far as i know verdi is a winger right? so if he likes to move a lot and switch sides and stuff just think what he and pato both on the pitch at the same time would mean.We could create some barca attacking football with them if verdi can be a starter for the first team

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
as far as i know verdi is a winger right? so if he likes to move a lot and switch sides and stuff just think what he and pato both on the pitch at the same time would mean.We could create some barca attacking football with them if verdi can be a starter for the first team

he plays on both sides, left or right he moves around swithcing sides with either Schennetti or Odu.. very good as a 17 year old, kind hope he bulked up a bit though :D he looks so small in the field :tongue:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
When he was playing he played all across the front 3. Him, Zigoni and Odu were everywhere, when Odu came on it was

Odu--Zigo--Verdi

then

Verdi--Zigo--Odu

then it ended like

Zigo--Verdi--Odu

This shows that they are all very versatile and any one of them could play with the 1st team.

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
We should force this kid a bit and give him playing time in our senior squad he can not possible suck more than mancini does

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
When he was playing he played all across the front 3. Him, Zigoni and Odu were everywhere, when Odu came on it was

Odu--Zigo--Verdi

then

Verdi--Zigo--Odu

then it ended like

Zigo--Verdi--Odu

This shows that they are all very versatile and any one of them could play with the 1st team.

That's what I really loved when watching the final, it was a joy to see them moving around so much and being so active. I wish our attack in the first team would be like that. If you have such players who move around much and are everywhere, attacking from every side, then you confuse the opponent's defense and for sure have a higher chance to score. Palermo had a problem with Verdi and our attack in general because of their movements and position changing the whole time.
Verdi created so much chances and his goal def. was really amazing, he needs to be in the first team in the future if he keeps that up.

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
That's what I really loved when watching the final, it was a joy to see them moving around so much and being so active. I wish our attack in the first team would be like that. If you have such players who move around much and are everywhere, attacking from every side, then you confuse the opponent's defense and for sure have a higher chance to score. Palermo had a problem with Verdi and our attack in general because of their movements and position changing the whole time.
Verdi created so much chances and his goal def. was really amazing, he needs to be in the first team in the future if he keeps that up.
verdi pato and dzeko would do wonders for our attack

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
We should force this kid a bit and give him playing time in our senior squad he can not possible suck more than mancini does

but sucking on the pitch might damage his confidence, and that, we do not want. So waiting for the right moment to launch him into the first team is very important.

whiterabbit

Galliani sucks big time
Reaction score
but sucking on the pitch might damage his confidence, and that, we do not want. So waiting for the right moment to launch him into the first team is very important.
no way he's confidence will drop if he plays bad some games imagine the amount of confidence he gains from playing for the first team.And the coach could go easy on him and praise him from time to time morale is built by playing with better players than u and seeing that u can take them on

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
i think he should play until the seasons end because leo is like F@cking Dr.Phil in that changing room and he wont demoralize verdi he ....if he has a bad season end he will have the whole off season to work on it and regain the confidence in the preseason so the likes of Albertazzi,Adiyah,Verdi,Ziigoni,Odu and Rom(capt forgot his name ) should all get some playing time if not most of it

fear the devil

Beginner
Reaction score
This guy has to be practicing with the 1st team . develope his skills .he's young , but you learn things wen ur young .The lad has to put on some weight .i would say promote him along with albertazzi .he's got some talent !!

Arie_14

The Athlete
Reaction score
Vito and adiyiah should make Galliani aware that we dont need Mancini, he is useless for us.. God, at the beginning i thought mancini will do at least good. But we see what happen...

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
i found this recently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simone_Verdi#cite_note-4

http://www.goal.com/it/news/2/serie...-anche-se-galliani-capisce-i-tifosi-abituati-

according to this (translated the second link with Bing), galliani has "reassured" that Verdi will be promoted to the senior team permanently with three other players. it was nice to hear that the three other players are Oduamadi, Albertazzi and of course Strasser.
yay anyone?

i'm all for it, as long as the new coach has enough faith in them to play them in the starting XI sometime. if not then wtf is the point? being on the senior team does not necessarily rule you out from being loaned out. look at Storari. he's played so good out on loan that Jube want him and probably signed him already idk. do i think these four deserve a place in the starting XI? if we dont get any new signings that are popularly better than them then hell yeah!

:star:I'm never happy:star:

Last edited:

Arie_14

The Athlete
Reaction score
I think allegri will use this kid, since B&G wont buy anybody good, so allegri has to optimize potential of Verdi and adiyiah

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
We have so much talent, and we waste them always :(

Schedule