The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Falcao is definitely not my ideal pick for the top striker whom we wanted.. But Andre Silva for Falcao direct swap is a very good deal for us.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Falcao is definitely not my ideal pick for the top striker whom we wanted.. But Andre Silva for Falcao direct swap is a very good deal for us.

Falcao news makes no sense, no incentive in it for Monaco and Mendes doesn't represent Falcao anymore

its all media bs

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

On loan or permanent?

Because permanent would be not so great for us. Even as a flop, if Silva has decent World Cup we could at the very least get 25+m for him.

If we get Falcao and he flops, we will barely be able to sell him for Bacca money. Plus he will have high wages

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
On loan or permanent?

Because permanent would be not so great for us. Even as a flop, if Silva has decent World Cup we could at the very least get 25+m for him.

If we get Falcao and he flops, we will barely be able to sell him for Bacca money. Plus he will have high wages

In my mind, one season of 20 goals in Serie A is worth a 20 million fee. IF Falcao gets Serie A, he has couple of top level seasons left. IF he flops, well yeah, our Silva investment went bust. But unless we can afford an Immobile or an Icardi, it's bust anyway.

I'd much rather gamble on Falcao than on Morata.

A loan would of course be a much better deal.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just a reminder: there is no tax in Monaco. It's why a lot of players like going there.

So, if Falcao gets paid 10m, he takes that entire amount home, no taxes.

If he had the exact same contract in Italy, we'd be saying he makes 5m, because salaries in Italy are written in the after-tax format.

So, if your biggest worry with Falcao is his wages, it would seem he'd be coming here to get paid 5m, not 10m.

Why would Falcao turn down half of his net salary and UCL participation?

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Nothing wrong with his skills.

But this is the guy who was competing against his teammates more than anything else. He made it no secret that he desperately wanted the CF spot(as faux-9) and all of a sudden you see him stop passing Torres, Pazzo and his other CF rivals. Bona and his flashy moves and goals seemed to be viewed as a threat too, since he too was put on Menez ignore list right after taking the spotlight away from Menez a minute.

Not sure if there's an actual stat, but I literally have never seen a single pass from Menez to Torres during his Milan stint. Not a single one, not even a mispass that made its way to him.

It's a shame because he's a great player but the selfishness is a turn off.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why would Falcao turn down half of his net salary and UCL participation?

I did not say he would. I simply stated a financial reality of Monaco. You can speculate freely as to those reasons, if they exist.

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
ELLIOTT to ANSA - We have not contacted anyone in regards to a role at Milan

:lol:

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
Do you honestly think they would say something to the media even if there was something?

They could have said nothing.

Instead it wad written that they have "the highest esteem for the current leadership"

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They could have said nothing.

Instead it wad written that they have "the highest esteem for the current leadership"

If they would have said something like no comment then that would draw more attention. Regardless it doesn't matter to them. They'll support Li until October. If he doesn't refinance they take the club, and if he does they get their money and they move on.

Last edited:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Remember when the merda fan was running wild here thinking Milan would be liquidated by the vulture fund and some people thought he was "one of the few who knew what was going on"?

:lol:

MarioReality

syrup sippin assassin
Reaction score
MB, they have me giving them the correct info for years now re: China, and I still only get disrespect

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I did not say he would. I simply stated a financial reality of Monaco. You can speculate freely as to those reasons, if they exist.

I think many posters here are aware of Monaco's tax haven status, or at least the different tax rates between countries.
Players are aware of it too.

Falcao won't allow his net salary to be cut in half or reduced in any way.

What might happen though is that we pay a loan fee that matches his salary in Monaco, while he stays on their payroll, or something more complex if that's forbidden.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm still in shock people believed that we'd be liquidated. I write a lot, unnecessarily, but I couldn't help myself when that hysteria started growing and people talked about VULTURE FUND.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm still in shock people believed that we'd be liquidated. I write a lot, unnecessarily, but I couldn't help myself when that hysteria started growing and people talked about VULTURE FUND.

"vulture means they'll strip everything down." :lol:

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think many posters here are aware of Monaco's tax haven status, or at least the different tax rates between countries.
Players are aware of it too.

Falcao won't allow his net salary to be cut in half or reduced in any way.

What might happen though is that we pay a loan fee that matches his salary in Monaco, while he stays on their payroll, or something more complex if that's forbidden.

I just made a point about his salary. You took a leap from there. What you said may be true, but it has very little to do with what I wrote.

With all this evidence that you are writing, talking about potential financial arrangements, that's fine, but it's not like players haven't taken pay-cuts? That's evidence in the other direction, as well.

Point being, I don't know what will happen, I just addressed a singular point.

Other issues can emerge, but again, I just thought it was relevant. Cheers.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Keving Lasagna for A. Silva swap would be a great deal for us.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just made a point about his salary. You took a leap from there. What you said may be true, but it has very little to do with what I wrote.

With all this evidence that you are writing, talking about potential financial arrangements, that's fine, but it's not like players haven't taken pay-cuts? That's evidence in the other direction, as well.

Point being, I don't know what will happen, I just addressed a singular point.

Other issues can emerge, but again, I just thought it was relevant. Cheers.

I can see it being relevant if we're planning to exploit that by officially not paying his salary - or the bigger portion of it.
I got the impression that you think Falcao would accept the same gross salary in Italy. I apologize if that's not the case.

I can see certain players agreeing to be paid less for certain clubs in certain circumstances, but not 32 year old Falcao for the unglamourous Milan of 2018.

Cheers

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
If anything, we'd have to raise the gross to 15 million to get him here.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
You cannpt immagine how shit strinic is, its beyond description

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
uefa is now convinced of our ownership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule