Manuel Locatelli Thread

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Think he couldnt even sprint in the last 20mins, good job from coach for giving him chance against roma, im sure he learns much.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Loan, not everyone is Donna

I agree. Many experts are sure he has talent and can become great. But as you said, not everyone is Donnarumma. He needs to learn a lot and Serie A experience, even to start for us in out current state. He should be loaned to make the experience needed. Come back stronger!

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He kind of remind of the worst of Montolivo too many long passes. Too green therefore needs to be loaned.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
made montolivo look like prime xabi alonso

loan him to serie B, dont want to see him in the first team anytime soon.

Fusiproe12

Stadio Grande Silvio Berlusconi Milano
Reaction score
hope he will grow up quickly because we need a good regista
today has been bad, just like the whole team (except Bacca the killer and Donnasss)

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The players promoted from our primavera are so raw it's ridiculous.
Italy need B teams

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
same thing will happen to him just like cristante and fossati

LemonCookies

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Angled a lot of passes incorrectly tonight. I don't think he's used to playing on a full sized football pitch, which isn't his fault.

I also don't think he's even ready to be a starting regista for a Serie B club. Needs to grow more as a complete player first. Only thing that's going to make him improve is a bit of time and good coaching. Maybe that happens here, or at some other club, but I do see a future for him if he works hard.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
I've said it always, we just overhype the shit of primavera players to avoid buying players that are ready to play. We sold De Jong and Nocerino and replaced them with Locatelli. These players need to know how to do the fundamentals in Serie A for their position before they can expect to pull off more complicated stuff. Donnaruma is a big exception...

It's like when we bought Salamon (aka defender that can play as defensive midfielder), spent all the time in the bench, got loaned to Sampdoria and when things didn't work better even there, was sent back in Serie B. Also a free shoutout to his agent, Mino Raiola that has been milking us pretty good with all kinds of shit players.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Tough going. But he'll learn a lot from playing against a good midfield like Romas.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why start him against probably the second best midfield in serie a when we were playing the shittiest teams in serie a just before this game. Makes no sense, and you can't form a proper opinion about him against a midfield like Roma's

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Thrown to the wolves, and showed that he is no where near ready physically. His tiredness contributed to the sloppy passing because he could not compete physically with grown men.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why start him against probably the second best midfield in serie a when we were playing the shittiest teams in serie a just before this game. Makes no sense, and you can't form a proper opinion about him against a midfield like Roma's

Yes you can. Locatelli is not ready.
I do not follow Primavera too much but I did not see anything from Locatelli at all. There is no denying that he was thrown to the wolves and it was not pretty the end result.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The players promoted from our primavera are so raw it's ridiculous.
Italy need B teams

:thumbsup:

or big teams should start working like juve with their loans..
if system doesnt meet your demands you should start being clever and adapt to the system...

on another note.why starting him over mauri?

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
All the bashing when he made a mistake in a useless game. Everyone clamoured for him to start, then bash him on his first start. It was meant for him to learn, you really expected him to go out there and make a difference to the game? Lol. Not everyone is Donnarumma. And players have to learn from their mistake.

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Why start him, blah blah blah blah? Then you rather let Monto, Poli and other thrash to start over our own youth player? Those players probably wouldn't even be at the club next season.

Lmao, I rather Locatelli than DeJong and Nocerino. What the fuck, that's not even up for debate.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why start him, blah blah blah blah? Then you rather let Monto, Poli and other thrash to start over our own youth player? Those players probably wouldn't even be at the club next season.

Lmao, I rather Locatelli than DeJong and Nocerino. What the fuck, that's not even up for debate.

I get you. Any young player needs games and match fitness. However, he never settle down at all during the game and had too many long passes that were horrible. It does not help that tactically Brochi's team is horrible to watch.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score

over mauri noob!!not over poli or whoever you mentioned
learn to read

on another note.why starting him over mauri?

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Actually, he got the vision but his execution still need to enhance. Loan would actually a good way.

MilanShion

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jack Suso Montolivo AR Isco Thiago Ibra TS <3Mata <3Ramos Mbappe Kaka'
Not ready yet, loan is better for him

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score

that's what happens when you say Locatelli is the new Pirlo and he hasn't even played 1 minute of professional football.

you are putting all the pressure on the world on this teenager and expect him to shine.

it was just a ploy by Berlusconi to show the new investors that his team is readier than they claim. he started with Donnarumma right after his debut by saying I envy the future investors because they won't need to invest in a gk for 20 years, and then now he's claiming Locatelli is ready.

He may have been ready and could be ready to start next year in Serie A, but his performance against Roma was absolutely horrendous and it's not because he lacks talent but because of all the nerves he had and he always kept trying to play the quick pass which failed almost every time. He needs to adjust and adapt to Serie A first just like Ely (which we obviously failed to do this year). Donnarumma is a talent that comes out once every 1-2 decades, you cannot expect all the youngsters to absorb the pressure as good as he did. You'd hope for that but not expect it.

I'd loan out Locatelli to a team that would give him a guaranteed starting role. It is very unlikely that a Serie A team would gamble on him after his performance versus Roma. If a team wasn't sure if he was ready, the start against Roma gave them every assurance they needed that Manuel is not yet ready for Serie A (even if it wasn't the case).

Poor mismanagement by Berlusconi again could burn out Locatelli.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Dunno who said he is new pirlo but i see exaggerate and putting into other people mouths words never used by anyone is some kind of standard for some.
Pressure was made by coach who used youngster without any experience for 90 minutes against team like roma when milan is in total mess even when there was a couple of games before where youngsters could be used.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score

My point is why start him against such a good team for his first start, when he could've made him more comfortable by starting him against Frosinone, Carpi etc.

I would rather watch him get better game by game then watch any of our shit midfielders play, but he was just rushed to the starting lineup and it showed.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Official: Manuel Locatelli Thread

Dunno whosaid he is new pirlo but i see exaggerate and putting into other people mouths words never used by anyone is some kind of standard for some.

Berlusconi va oltre: "Poi c'è De Sciglio che è già nel giro della Nazionale". Ma anche "Locatelli che è un giocatore illuminato. Vedo in lui il nuovo Pirlo". Il 18enne è stato aggregato alla prima squadra dopo la partenza di Nocerino per gli Usa. Nel giro delle nazionali azzurre giovanili, il centrocampista rossonero è dotato di buona visione di gioco e ama giocare davanti alla difesa. Questi mesi al fianco di Montolivo e soci potranno essergli utili per la sua crescita.

The president of your club is who said that less than 2 months ago.

Well and you have him on your favourite players list for months without knowing anything about him but we are the exaggerators?

You're a lot more clueless than I thought.

Last edited:

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
My point is why start him against such a good team for his first start, when he could've made him more comfortable by starting him against Frosinone, Carpi etc.

I would rather watch him get better game by game then watch any of our shit midfielders play, but he was just rushed to the starting lineup and it showed.

:thumbsup:
the fact that you have to spell out such a common sense opinion is really frightening

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
Berlusconi va oltre: "Poi c'è De Sciglio che è già nel giro della Nazionale". Ma anche "Locatelli che è un giocatore illuminato. Vedo in lui il nuovo Pirlo". Il 18enne è stato aggregato alla prima squadra dopo la partenza di Nocerino per gli Usa. Nel giro delle nazionali azzurre giovanili, il centrocampista rossonero è dotato di buona visione di gioco e ama giocare davanti alla difesa. Questi mesi al fianco di Montolivo e soci potranno essergli utili per la sua crescita.

The president of your club is who said that less than 2 months ago.

Well and you have him on your favourite players list for months without knowing anything about him but we are the exaggerators?

You're a lot more clueless than I thought.

So you didnt ignore me at the end. :)
1. I dont care what someone senile said and your post suggest it was from posters
2. I explained twice already why i prefer youngsters over essiens or polis but i guess have to repeat always and always for slow/blind/... people

ps. still waiting for current milan "coach" expression about balotelli being first penalty taker in team, im just wonder when he become first to choice when he was bench warmer for most of the season

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score

To make matters worse Brocchi started him with Bertolacci, who can't defend to save his life.

Brocchi made things twice as hard for Locatelli but the good thing is that the kid will learn from this experience.

He would benefit greatly from a loan but I rather him stay here and refine his skills by playing against smaller teams.