Milan - Palermo

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Milan - Palermo 23/10/05

Time for my third match thread. So far I have opened 2 and we have got 2 victories so lets hope that continues. Last season we only got a draw in both games against Palermo. 3-3 at home and 0-0 away.

So what do you think our lineup should be for this game? Maybe we could bring in Pippo and Marek and get them some fitness built up. I do not think we should have much trouble in this game, Palermo definately do not look as good as last year. My prediction 2-0.

FORZA MILAN

Last edited:

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Considering our recent form, we should win it.

My prediction: 2-1 (Gilardino, Kaka)

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Why didn't you append the match date to the thread name?

I say 1-0.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
We better win it because i'm gonna be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes i'm going to the san Siroooooooooo!!!!!!!!
It seems like an eternity since last may....when i witnessed Juve beating us and, once again cheating(Cafu, remember?)

Last season we almost beat Palermo with the reserves if you remember well and Serginho scored a brace.
Palermo have lost Toni(Fiorentina) and are not as strong as last season(struggled to beat Chievo at home...)
I'm confident of a 3-1 win.

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Pupone said:
I hate u. :mad:

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
I hate u. :mad:

Sorry Wild :D But i think it'll be the only game i'll get to see this season... :cry:

No doubt my brother will convince me to go with him to Inter - Roma played in midweek after Mil - Pal

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Pupone said:
Sorry Wild :D But i think it'll be the only game i'll get to see this season... :cry:

No doubt my brother will convince me to go with him to Inter - Roma played in midweek after Mil - Pal
I'm going to Milan - Parma on Jan 8th :D

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pippoinzag}{i said:
I'm going to Milan - Parma on Jan 8th :D
That should be an easy win and a must see especially for Gila facing his former team ;)

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Pupone said:
That should be an easy win and a must see especially for Gila facing his former team ;)
It better be an easy win, it's cost me £600 for 2 people to go! Worth it tho.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
hey guys i watched the milan game vs cagliari yesterday i think gilardino needs to sit on d bench for inzaghi who was looking sharper when he came in 9mins before time,dont get me wrong gila is good but i prefer the sheva inzagi pairing.Gila didn't do anything after he scored the goal in d first minute

Last edited:

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
pixiraver said:
Gila didn't do anything after he scored the goal in d first minute
Gilardino is always marked tightly. If he manages to score, he has done the job.

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
milanist said:
Gilardino is always marked tightly. If he manages to score, he has done the job.
agreed. i don't wish to see gila benched. when he might just be starting his scoring streak. :)

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
pixiraver said:
hey guys i watched the milan game vs cagliari yesterday i think gilardino needs to sit on d bench for inzaghi who was looking sharper when he came in 9mins before time,dont get me wrong gila is good but i prefer the sheva inzagi pairing.Gila didn't do anything after he scored the goal in d first minute
Lol , funny. :D
We r dying 2 bring youth 2 our team & this guy wanna replace a 23 years old Gila with a 32 years Pippo.

Last edited:

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
Lol , funny. :D
We r dying 2 bring youth 2 our team & this guy wanna replace a 23 years old Gila with a 32 years Pippo.

Well put Wild.
Besides Gilardino has NOTHING to prove. 46 goals in the past two seasons say it all.
He is the next best thing for Milan and Italy.
Inzaghi, i'm afraid, will have to rotate with Gila and Bobo and Sheva of course.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
2 - 0 Gila 2

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
I don't think this'll be an easy match, because look at what they did to Inter in the first week. We have to be very careful. Milan always looses points stupidly for underestimating their opponents. I hope that the players won't be so naive to consider this an easy match.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan is underestimating nobody anymore. Palermo is this year a weakened side, but still a tough nut to crack. However, defeating them at the San Siro shouldn't be such a problem. The away game is another story though...

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
i am sure some of you guys didnt see palermo matches cause you think palermo is a weakened side.you are soo wrong!you think that they got a draw aganist chievo means they are weak..infact they are very strong,they play very attractive football,physically very strong and they got a very offensive players like Santana, (who is now always play for argentina)mariano Gonzalez and some others.so i think we will have a very difficult matches and i think without Nesta it is most probable that they will score but at the end of the day we will win 2 - 1,gila and sheva in the scoring sheet

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I don't know what would happen but if we want to stay in the race for SERIE A, we better win this match !!

Milanetto

AC Milan Ukraine FanGroup
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
We are 5 points losing from Juve. Allready 7 matches played. If we wonna win something this season, we should push ourselves every match to reach the best results from each event. Our goal this season, I think, is reabilitation. We need to refresh some lines in our squad, especially our midfield line. more creative and reactive players should join us.
the game VS Palermo will be one of the hardest in this season. Palermo is playing with a lot of flayers in their midfield, when our own is in trouble.
I think, we'll win 2-1 and Gila will make a double

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Channel4.com:

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Milan are sure to be after revenge when Palermo travel to the San Siro. The Rosaneri’s 3-2 victory in this fixture last season ended Milan’s hopes of winning the Scudetto and instead saw it head to Turin and Juventus.

With the Rossoneri once again in second place in the table behind La Vecchia Signora, a win in this encounter would bring a huge morale boost to the red half of the city, especially as it would be their fifth victory in as many games.

Andriy Shevchenko and Alberto Gilardino are sure to play a major role as they are starting to show the kind of devastating form that was expected of them when the latter signed from Parma during the summer. The pair now have eight goals between them and have scored one each in both of the last two games they’ve played in together. Milan will have to do without Massimo Ambrosini and Alessandro Nesta as both players are still missing through injury.

Palermo have a new strikeforce of their own this season though. The pair are just one goal behind the Gilardino and Shevchenko partnership with seven, but it is Andrea Caracciolo in particular who could be dangerous to the Rossoneri. The former Brescia hitman has scored in all of the Sicilian sides’ last three games and will be hoping to use his good form to put the Rosaneri’s season back on track.

After their great start, the side has now gone three games without a win and have dropped down to seventh in the League. Palermo won’t have Salvatore Masiello or ‘keeper Matteo Guardalben though due to injury, or Giuseppe Biava after his red card against Chievo.
[/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Milan (probable): [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Dida; Stam, Costacurta, Maldini, Serginho; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Rui Costa; Gilardino, Shevchenko[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Palermo (probable): [/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Santoni; Zaccardo, Terlizzi, Barzagli, Grosso; Santana, Barone, Corini, Bonanni; Caracciolo, Makinwa[/font]

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Ref:[/font][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]To folllow[/font]

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
pixiraver said:
Hahahhahah....this is the funniest post hahaha i ever read on this forum ...hahahahhahbUHhhahhabbb :D

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Pupone said:
I have never been theare..I`m dying to be theare just once!!! Take some pictures and post them for meok please...? take a shot of the east fans brigate, leone all of them ok!

have a nice game theare :)

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
Man.. is Ambrosini still injured? And I want to see Simic in some action. If we don't need him to play at least one minute, than sell him!

Throw some rested players in game, and search victory from first minute, we need 3 points from every game. Maybe we can catch Juventus, Patric Vieira is injured and they was beaten for first time this season from Bayen, so that will affect their morale.

Palermo played Uefa Cup match, so maybe they won't be 100% fit.

I fell Gila and Kaka will score here..

TheGrinch

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
If we want to catch juve we have to win evrything until we face them!
So my prediction is 1:0!
A Pirlo penalty after a stylish fall into the box by Pippo... :D