European Coefficients Watch feat. Dr Galliani & co dominating the corridors of power

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
UEFA should just take away that 3rd spot :lol::lol::lol:

GqmM9CANkRY.jpg

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
If I could just point a powershift :monto:

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And no this is not simple math as you claimed. Things will be very different for England this season considering how their top teams had strengthen their squads. I predict this year could be their best year in the last 6-7 years with MU might go all the way to win EL. Thus I won't be so sure that Italy could still rely on 1 season wonder 2014-45 to overtake them in 2019.

Wanna do a sig bet on this?

sig bets are for people like you. not for me.

It actually is very simple math. It's only adding and subtracting. I guess I may have been right in that you didn't pass elementary maths.

The UEFA coefficients rank teams based on their performance over the last 5 years not just one season. That 'one season wonder' along with the other bad years around it put us only 2.5 points behind them. If Italy was poor according to you, then what does that say about England's performances then? And even if England have that great season you're talking about this year, it may not be enough. If you understood numbers this would be quite straight-forward, as you can see everyone here gets it but you.

I'll give you a few days to try to wrap your head around this.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm dying here :lol: :lol: :lol:

what's funny to you? you're going to come here and claim forza italy when Sassuolo win but come here and laugh at Italy every time someone fucks up?

go hold hands with sage, i'm sure you guys would get along well.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
as you can see everyone here gets it but you.

Doubt it!

And yeah sig bet is not for people like you. I'm done talking to you. Let's wait and see how things unfold at the end of this season. It's not looking good for Italy obviously

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Napoli in pot 2 :thumbsup:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sassuolo through, West Ham out.
Positive-Energy1.jpg

Good draws for gobbi and Napoli too. (Tottenham maybe only English side that could finish bottom ... probably won't)

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
West Ham out :thumbsup:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
West ham out?.... For real? :lol:
But.. But the new stadium... I mean dimitri payet :eek:

Sovilhelm

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN
Roma needs to fk off CL, does horse shit every year :fp:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roma needs to fk off CL, does horse shit every year :fp:

4 guaranteed group stage places with the new deal to be announced tomorrow ... (for 2018)

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
West Ham :lol: :lol: :lol: So happy for them and their fans. Bacca is probably laughing right now

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Close thread?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
Speaking of top 4 clubs from top 4 leagues goes to CL group stage.

That could be decisive against superliga thing. UEFA :thumbsup:

Ceferin for president ;)

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That could be decisive against superliga thing. UEFA :thumbsup:
:lol: Superliga was a threat to get these terms. Uefa yielded.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
There'll be a format change in 2018 regardless of the outcome of this coefficients race. It will probably add more spots for big leagues, including Serie A.
Calcio invincibile:b:

Those format changes are focused on ensuring that the Barca's and the Munichs play each other more often and teams like united and Chelsea get their due. No one is sitting in uefa hq thinking about how to get Florentine into champions league :lol:

Told you:o

You can beat Calcio on the pitch, but you can never beat Calcio off the pitch.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Told you:o

You can beat Calcio on the pitch, but you can never beat Calcio off the pitch.

Oooh. tfatness getting helicoptered in the face with :g:

Is he a true hater tho? That post is mostly trolling. I'd think he's intelligent enough to know Il Dottore's influence.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Oooh. tfatness getting helicoptered in the face with :g:

Is he a true hater tho? That post is mostly trolling. I'd think he's intelligent enough to know Il Dottore's influence.

He seems to give his honest opinion in this one:

I am reading the number of teams in the final competition won' be changed (32). Which it shouldn't , since these euros have been an absolute borefest.
So they will take away spots from some existing league? I would like to see how they manage that. At best, I see another qualifier rounds to enter ucl which may include more teams and subsequently teams from bigger leagues. If that's the case, then I'm all up for it. :thumbsup:
Fodder A can't put 3 teams in, I doubt they will manage 4 even if they were given a spot.
It will only help la liga, bundesliga, and EPL.

tbf 4 guaranteed spots for the 4th placed league sounded too good to be true....but nothing is impossible with Calcio.:b:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He seems to give his honest opinion in this one:

tbf 4 guaranteed spots for the 4th placed league sounded too good to be true....but nothing is impossible with Calcio.:b:
That doesn't seem like judging the pull of :g: as opposed to judging Serie A competitive quality.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That doesn't seem like judging the pull of :g: as opposed to judging Serie A competitive quality.

"At best, I see another qualifier rounds to enter ucl which may include more teams and subsequently teams from bigger leagues."

^ Clearly underestimating off pitch Calcio.

"We need to get back to Top 3 to get the 3+1 spots back, huh?
How about this solution: we stay as fourth and get 4 guaranteed spots?":g:

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
West Ham out :thumbsup:

this is a heavier loss than Roma's elimination from the qualifiers based on the current coefficient system

Nah, the joke will keep on running till coefficient formula changes.

I believe there are changes. They are awarding points now to teams based on their history, so Milan is one of the teams that will be rewarded the most in this aspect.

It is good news for Italy that we won't have to compete against the top 3 because we seem to often crumble under pressure (Juve, Roma, Napoli) when it matters most. We were climbing back and we cut the deficit by a huge margin only for them now to change the rules as they started to notice Italy were breathing behind England's neck.

Imagine even after giving the top 4 clubs from top 4 nations entry to the CL, Italy fall to fifth in 5-6 years :lol::lol:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I believe there are changes. They are awarding points now to teams based on their history, so Milan is one of the teams that will be rewarded the most in this aspect.

Yeah, atm club get league points but 2018 changes it to history points.
The full details of the access list for both competitions will be finalised by the end of the year.
A new system for the club coefficients: clubs will be judged on their own records (deletion of the country share for individual club coefficient unless that coefficient is lower than 20% of the association's coefficient).
Historical success in the competition will also be acknowledged in coefficient calculation (points for previous European titles with a weighted system for UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League titles)
Financial distribution to clubs will be increased significantly for both competitions.

A new four-pillar financial distribution system (starting fee, performance in the competition, individual club coefficient and market pool) will see sporting performances better rewarded, while market pool share will decrease.
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsle...ml#evolution+uefa+club+competitions+from+2018

Italy and France (Germany in the past) enjoyed large cuts of the pie because of TV deals. Now England was about to clean the house with a new deal (remember this from way back ... what's the current situation), but seems Gallianiboyz got their hands on thsoe pockets as well. Rightly too. (don't think they'll get more than English ... just a cut)

Schedule