Week 34: AC Milan (1) vs Bologna (1) - 22/04/2012

AC4eva

Senatore
Reaction score
I wish that I shared your optimism. I fully expect nearly an entire renewal wave...I'm going to stop getting my hopes up that management is going to do the necessary moves.

Hell, Berlusconi paid the debts...why? Interest rates are near zero across the world right now, so having that debt would not be a bad thing if it meant purchasing better players. Leverage is not the enemy like some say it is.

United, Barca, Madrid, are ALL operated with a debt into the hundreds of millions of euros, while we freak out at 60?

Not entirely sure of the ins and outs but FFP is going to become a huge factor in the next few years too. We aren't generating the same sort of income that the three you mentioned do.

luke07

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Boban,Bierhoff, Sheva,Pjanic,Keisuke Honda,Teppei Sakamoto,Bastian Schweinsteiger
I wish that I shared your optimism. I fully expect nearly an entire renewal wave...I'm going to stop getting my hopes up that management is going to do the necessary moves.

Hell, Berlusconi paid the debts...why? Interest rates are near zero across the world right now, so having that debt would not be a bad thing if it meant purchasing better players. Leverage is not the enemy like some say it is.

United, Barca, Madrid, are ALL operated with a debt into the hundreds of millions of euros, while we freak out at 60?

Not entirely sure of the ins and outs but FFP is going to become a huge factor in the next few years too. We aren't generating the same sort of income that the three you mentioned do.

:star:

our management is too stupid to propaganda our triumph (7 ucl + 18 scudetto) to increase our revenue

meanwhile g always whining bout overpriced and overpaid players :lol:

it's beyond stupid how could milan got beaten by barca, manc unt, arse, liverpool maybe even chelsea

in term of global propaganda :lol:

AC4eva

Senatore
Reaction score
why didnt we play against bologna like this ...

bologna.jpg

Because that is not a 4-3-1-2 ;)

Bonera had a very poor game that is true, but I'm not so sure a back two of Nesta and Yepes would have changed a great deal against a mobile Bologna attack. But for sure we needed a different shape, but that is far easier said than done when we have played 4-3-1-2 all season long. Unfortunately just not enough players performed for this game. Seedorf's passing was off and really that is all he has. Muntari and MvB were unreliable too IMO. Nocerino virtually anonymous for the majority of the game. And of course Ibra suffered a lot, especially in the 1st half. But sadly we have become more and more Ibra dependent as the season's worn on and Bologna soon tweaked their tactics to snuff out that threat.

A substitution at HT should have been made, much like when we were down against Lecce, but is easy to say with hindsight. Still, I felt it was necessary at the time and looking back I don't see why Emanuelson wasn't brought on immediately for the second half. This is the biggest gripe I have with Allegri is that he does not act soon enough. It took being 3-0 against Lecce for him to make a HT substitution. He needs to become more flexible and proactive rather than rigid and reactive. However, I still don't believe there will be any suitable alternative to him in the summer and I don't think 1 Scudetto and 1 2nd placed finish in his first two seasons is bad at all.

Last edited:

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I would say 60% injuries, 20% refs, 15% tiredness and 5% our own fault!

I will renumber this by introducing another attribute called "Psychology" after losing the battle against Barcelona.

I think that loss has fucked us up big time. We thought that we do have a real chance (specially after having a 0 - 0 result at home against Barca). So, when the ref gave the unjust second penalty, that was it for us !!

And as an emotional breakdown, now we lost 7 points. Of course, the referring doesn't help either.

40% injuries, 20% refs, 20% hangover for CL loss, 10% tiredness and 10% lack of motivation

Schedule