Carlo Ancelotti Thread

So, should Mourinho come to Milan?

• Total voters

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Yen’aita Ashish?

The list is taking the last 12 years into consideration! And Capello achieved greatness with Milan 14 yrs ago!

Well he did quite good bringing scudetto back to As Roma and Real too.

Anyway this is strictly mathematical research so I wouldn't get too much into it(for example: Estonian league was stronger than all Latvia's, Lithuania'a and even Finnish though we still haven't had a victory in Baltic league and are way behind all of them). Though it makes somekind of a picture.

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Well he did quite good bringing scudetto back to As Roma and Real too.

True, but I think it has a lot to do with playing style and domination as well.

Both Real & Roma under him weren't really that entertaining and had to win the league on the final day. Also I guess he failed in Europe with those teams.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Wild, I'll leave this one for you.

;)
Regardless man.
He could v been the best manager in the entire universe or the worse , whats due is that he is bad 4 us.'
Good list BTW :D
But we all know that A. is the best coach in the galaxy while his golden boys r the best players regardless of positions since u never where the master field em.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
That Bayern Munich manager was Hitzfeld who is already on the list.
what about Vicente del Bosque he was also not bad, where is he listed?
Regardless man.
He could v been the best manager in the entire universe or the worse , whats due is that he is bad 4 us.'
But we all know that A. is the best coach in the galaxy while his golden boys r the best players regardless of positions since u never where the master field em.

A is a good coach but he is so partial, he should understand his golden boys are too old to continue pirlo seedorf pippo,

Last edited:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
what about Vicente del Bosque he was also not bad, where is he listed?

A is a good coach but he is so partial, he should understand his golden boys are too old to continue pirlo seedorf pippo,

Most ppl feel that Del Bosque had very little to do with their success as that Madrid was filled with Superstars.

I think that's just pure BS though. Del Bosque was a superb coach.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Most ppl feel that Del Bosque had very little to do with their success as that Madrid was filled with Superstars.

I think that's just pure BS though. Del Bosque was a superb coach.
yes i agree with you, he was an awesome coach, he has a winner mentality. i just hope one day he become our coach too, but it aint going to happen cause he didn play for us

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yen’aita Ashish?

The list is taking the last 12 years into consideration! And Capello achieved greatness with Milan 14 yrs ago!

didnt he win w/ roma, juve and twice w/ real madrid over last 12 years.....

if i had to make honest list of past 12 years it'd read:

1. lippi
2. fergie
3. capello
4. Hitzfeld
5. scolari
6. ancelotti
7. wenger
8. ericksson
9. mourinho
10. hiddink

for me... lippi has won both club and country, so thats most impressive. fergie has achieved continual success at manutd which cant be ignored. capello has won at every stop in different leagues is a big deal and not always w/ big clubs (roma is not a big club). hitzfield has won 2 champions league w/ different german clubs and lost another in finals, perhaps most underrated in terms of achievements. scolari has been best international coach of last 10 years. ancelotti has been best coach in europe for last 6 years. wenger has his invincibles and arguably played most attractive style of football over the years. Erickson w/ lazio was impressive. mourinho for what he did w/ chelsea and porto. And hiddink the miracle worker w/ small countries

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
didnt he win w/ roma, juve and twice w/ real madrid over last 12 years.....

if i had to make honest list of past 12 years it'd read:

1. lippi
2. fergie
3. capello
4. Hitzfeld
5. scolari
6. ancelotti
7. wenger
8. ericksson
9. mourinho
10. hiddink

How can you rate Ancelotti over Wenger and Mourinho??

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
How can you rate Ancelotti over Wenger and Mourinho??

2 CL titles. 3 finals, 4 semi finals. twice coach of year in serie A.

wenger did alot but ultimately only won epl when the league was weak and never won in europe.

mourinho? 1 CL. He's good but i dont think hes as good as ancelotti in terms of success over this period... just more controversial. also look at all mourinhos player fall outs... carlo is a much better manager of people

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score

wenger did alot but ultimately only won epl when the league was weak and never won in europe.

mourinho? 1 CL. He's good but i dont think hes as good as ancelotti in terms of success over this period... just more controversial. also look at all mourinhos player fall outs... carlo is a much better manager of people

did any of Mourinho's teams miss out on the champions league?:o

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Better manager of ppl ? LOL
Mou anywhere he goes he has players wanna follow him so tell me who will wanna follow A. if he left Milan ?
Peerlo + Slowdorf doesnt count :o

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Better manager of ppl ? LOL
Mou anywhere he goes he has players wanna follow him so tell me who will wanna follow A. if he left Milan ?
Peerlo + Slowdorf doesnt count :o

think of all mourinho's high profile fall outs and FLOPS. Think also of the amount he spends.

he also is a bit of the antithesis of anti-football. and granted i put capello high up, but i feel capello achieved more. Mourinho is a top coach but also consider hes won 1 CL w/ porto, 2 epl titles w chelsea.... he's still young and compared to most of these coaches he doesnt have much history past 2003 where as its suppose to be from 1996

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
think of all mourinho's high profile fall outs and FLOPS. Think also of the amount he spends.

he also is a bit of the antithesis of anti-football. and granted i put capello high up, but i feel capello achieved more. Mourinho is a top coach but also consider hes won 1 CL w/ porto, 2 epl titles w chelsea.... he's still young and compared to most of these coaches he doesnt have much history past 2003 where as its suppose to be from 1996
Am not sayin Mou achieved more.
Am just sayin that sayin A. is better @ managing players is a bit 2 much.
A. did his share in flopping ppl + destroying others & I dont think he is well respected as supposed 4 some1 in his shoe.
Remember Sheva ?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Am not sayin Mou achieved more.
Am just sayin that sayin A. is better @ managing players is a bit 2 much.
A. did his share in flopping ppl + destroying others & I dont think he is well respected as supposed 4 some1 in his shoe.
Remember Sheva ?

fair enough and i should specify... i think there is a big drop between top 4 and then 5-10. Those top 4 coaches r all world class, walk in and coach anyone...The rest r all flawed but ultimately top class coaches.

btw this has nothing to do w/ carlo presently... personally i think he should move on too. i would love him to evolve and become like a fergie, but i just see complacency and continual mistakes and conservatism that shouldnt be tolerated... not all amangers can be like fergie and sit at 1 place... most r better usited doing a mourinho or capello moving every few years.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Regardless man.
with objectivity the aim of this question, do you honestly think that Ancelotti should not be in the top 10 managers of the last 12 years? Not in your own mind, but an overall comparison in terms of trophies won, football played, etc etc.

I'm hoping just for a yes or no - none of your 'if this then that' answers...

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
with objectivity the aim of this question, do you honestly think that Ancelotti should not be in the top 10 managers of the last 12 years? Not in your own mind, but an overall comparison in terms of trophies won, football played, etc etc.

Yes

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I gave u ur answer in a separate post so it would b clear 4 u.
Never said he is a bad coach but I always say he is bad 4 Milan.
And its not about feeling about him same as it is with Pirlo + Seedorf.
None of my arguers can accuse me that feeling is behind my argument about em & in fact its the other way around since they love em 2 much that they r blind of their mistakes.
Mistakes that they do week in + week out & when those mistakes can b proven then so can my argument.
But as they say love is blind & so r they.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

I cant see how, but ive responded to your second post in my next post.

I'd find it terribly hard to put 10 of them in order, but in no specific order, these would be mine

Lippi
Ancelotti
Pellegrini
Bianchi
Hitzfield
Del Bosque
Scolari
Capello
Trappatoni
Hiddink.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Thank you for being one of the very few people that recognize the quality of this man as a coach.

I'd actually love for him to take over Milan.

+1
carletto is not that bad, but before 2006 he had the best team in the world best gk at that time dream defense cafu nesta maldini stam

pirlo seedor kaka gattuso even rui costa up front inzaghi sheva and hernen :eek:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Never said he is a bad coach but I always say he is bad 4 Milan.

I think he is bad for Milan NOW. He hasnt been bad for Milan for his entire time here at all. His trophies and the good football weve played for all but the last 2-3 years shows that. I think now he has just become one of the guys more than a manager, and his family-atmosphere thing has jsut gone a bit too far and made some people complacent.
I think it might be better if we move on to someone else, but his last 2 years arent enough to take away from his achievements overall, which in my opinion put him quite firmly in the top 10 over the last 12 years.

Thats where i think you are letting your present bad feeling about him affect your decision - if you had been asked this question before the 2005 final, your answer might well have been different. We have had just 3 full seasons since then, one of which we won the CL in, and you urself gave credit to Ancelotti after winning that. In 2.5 years of nothing isnt enough to drop him off the list for me.

Sure, his time at Milan might be finished - thats a different point and i probably agree to that.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
hitzfeild gets overlooked cause hes in germany no doubt, if he was in england he'd be bigger than fergie

Charbel

"Il Capitano"
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini
Just wanted to comment on one thing, the "argument" over players that the turned to be flops. That, can barely be blamed on the Managers, but sometimes can. Gilardino found it hard to cope with Milan time after time, and a coach shouldn't change tactics to suit that players needs. Quaresma and Mancini both transfer can be blamed and not blamed on the coach; he wanted the transfer too badly he must have made a plan for them at his team; if he did that failed miserably. Quaresma probably found it hard to cope with the Italian League, and Mancini...well i never rated that guy much. The only player I claim to have failed under Ancelotti's guidance is Yoann although only time will prove this right or wrong.

It's generally not a coach's fault if one players doesn't cope to a specific team or a league.

Who in the world is Hitfield?(Heard the name numerous times, but the picture never got stuck)

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
hitzfield won CL w/ borussia dortmund and bayern... and basically dominated german league. On top of those wins he was always a fixture deep into it.

For me as long as i can remember bayern was always a top 5 club in the world... during my life of conciousness (mid 90s on) its been real madrid, bayern, manutd, juve, ac milan as the consistant clubs. Its a shame bayern fell so hard, although w/ ribery and some of there young talent they could easily be a fixture deep in europe for years...

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I think he is bad for Milan NOW. He hasnt been bad for Milan for his entire time here at all. His trophies and the good football weve played for all but the last 2-3 years shows that. I think now he has just become one of the guys more than a manager, and his family-atmosphere thing has jsut gone a bit too far and made some people complacent.
I think it might be better if we move on to someone else, but his last 2 years arent enough to take away from his achievements overall, which in my opinion put him quite firmly in the top 10 over the last 12 years.

Thats where i think you are letting your present bad feeling about him affect your decision - if you had been asked this question before the 2005 final, your answer might well have been different. We have had just 3 full seasons since then, one of which we won the CL in, and you urself gave credit to Ancelotti after winning that. In 2.5 years of nothing isnt enough to drop him off the list for me.

Sure, his time at Milan might be finished - thats a different point and i probably agree to that.
What r u talkin about ?
I said yes , he deserve 2 b in the list.
So again feelings never affect my judgment.
I used 2 criticize Sheva , I now do the same with Kaka & Dinho when its due.
I want Anshit out coz he is ruining my Milan.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
do you honestly think that Ancelotti should not be in the top 10 managers of the last 12 years?

wild
read the questions carefully before you answer:tongue:

Schedule