The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 27-04-2019, 21:16   #41
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Ibra, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Aquilani.Current AC - Caldara, Jack, Romagnoli.

FAR more important than the game in mid-week.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2019, 23:27   #42
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

We will win 3-1. Paqueta, Cutrone and Piatek.
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 07:07   #43
milanista_
AC Milan Legend

Torino will win this and there is nothing we can do about it.
milanista_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 07:55   #44
truant
sexy football fetishist

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Romagnoli

Matchday!

It's still in the hands of the team now to keep winning these last 5 games and reach the target of CL qualification.

Forza Milan!

Signature
One promise that always remains
No matter the price
A promise to survive
Persevere and thrive
As we've always done
truant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 08:27   #45
fray
Casciavit

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanista_ View Post
Torino will win this and there is nothing we can do about it.
Well, if they take the lead, they will defend with 10 men for the rest of the match. The Mazzarri approach.
fray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 08:32   #46
mleite
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo

Match day! Forza Milan!!!

Signature
Forza Milan! ❤️
mleite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 08:38   #47
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Probable formation - Gattuso returns to 4-3-3 against Torino but Cutrone is in attack. Paquetà returns in midfield

Gennaro Gattuso returns to 4-3-3, after the failed 3-5-2 attempt deployed in the Coppa Italia against Lazio. However, Canon Milan will not be the one who will face Torino tomorrow night. The Rossoneri coach will try to focus on Patrick Cutrone's determination and competitive rage to look for the team's lack of soul in recent weeks. The presence of the class of '98 instead of Piatek will, in fact, be the main training novelty in view of the challenge against the Granata.

ACCOUNTS FOR CALABRIA - In addition to Cutrone, there will also be room for defense against Torino in defense. During the return of the Italian Cup semi-final against Lazio, Gattuso lost Calabria, which was released after a match in progress for what turned out to be a fibula fracture. Instead of the number 2, Andrea Conti will take the field. Moreover, despite the full recovery of Cristian Zapata, alongside Romagnoli Musacchio will still play while Rodrguez will be confirmed in the left lane.

RETURN OF PACE - After almost a month, the last presence dates back to April 2 in Milan-Udinese, Lucas Paquetà will be back on the field. The Brazilian, summoned both for the match against Parma and for the one against Lazio, has not found space but will be there on Sunday. The former Flamengo will complete the midfield trident with Kessie and Bakayoko.

PIATEK IN THE BENCH - For the first time since his debut as a starter in the Rossoneri, Piatek will not start from the first minute. Gennaro Gattuso tries to give the team a turn by removing the striker who after dragging Milan in the run-up to a valid placement for access to the next Champions League has appeared tarnished in the last games. In its place, space for the young Cutrone who, once again, will try to make the most of his chance. The '98 will play in the midst of the offensive trident, flanked by Suso and Calhanoglu who will then return to play in an offensive position.

Milan (4-3-3): Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Bakayoko, Paquetà; Suso, Cutrone, Calhanoglu.

Damn. Dropping Piatek seems very risky, although even with minimal service he hasn't been making the greatest contribution recently.

Caldara looked good too so I'd have liked to see him in the line up again, unless he can't manage a full game yet.

Back to 4-3-3, sticking with Suso. No Calabria, no Piatek but Paqueta returns, still stuck back in midfield.

Not the lineup any of us had hoped for I think.
Tobinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 09:21   #48
Thenebra
AC Milan Icon

Signature
Sometimes Maybe Good Sometimes Maybe Shit
Thenebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 09:26   #49
Pingu
Maldoban

3 points or no CL
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 10:32   #50
brk
AC Milan Legend

I think in the second half if we still need goals we will probably switch to a 3412 with Hakan on the left, Conti on the right and Paqueta behind Cutrone and Piatek who will replace Suso. We can then revert to a 433 with Cutrone on the wing if we need to close out the game. If Gattuso decides to keep Suso then we'll play a 442 I guess, with maybe Hakan out for Piatek? That would shift Paqueta out wide on the left. Maybe Gattuso panics and decides to play Suso as a RWB? I've seen him do crazier things.

Not sure how we can play Cutrone and Piatek later in the game without dropping Suso, that's all i'm saying.
brk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 10:40   #51
Massaro94
Uno Tituli

Fav. Players: Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestafan View Post
FAR more important than the game in mid-week.

Which is why I don't mind paquetas absence vs Lazio

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Any news on Ramos? I don’t even mind giving him #3
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 10:46   #52
Hitchens
Progress of a kind

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta

Fuck I'm nervous. If we lose and Atalanta win tomorrow we're 7th....
Hitchens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 11:50   #53
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

I expect an excellent, life affirming win for us. Paqueta and Cutrone to light up Torino.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 11:57   #54
Pingu
Maldoban

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I expect an excellent, life affirming win for us. Paqueta and Cutrone to light up Torino.
I've come to expect nothing in recent weeks. But.. yes, seeing us lose 4th I expect the team to show up with a newfound attitude and win this.
Pingu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 11:57   #55
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by brk View Post
I think in the second half if we still need goals we will probably switch to a 3412 with Hakan on the left, Conti on the right and Paqueta behind Cutrone and Piatek who will replace Suso. We can then revert to a 433 with Cutrone on the wing if we need to close out the game. If Gattuso decides to keep Suso then we'll play a 442 I guess, with maybe Hakan out for Piatek? That would shift Paqueta out wide on the left. Maybe Gattuso panics and decides to play Suso as a RWB? I've seen him do crazier things.

Not sure how we can play Cutrone and Piatek later in the game without dropping Suso, that's all i'm saying.
4-3-1-2 Is an option to change Suso for Piatek too, Hakan dropping back and Paqueta behind the strikers.

Hopefully Piatek would be extremely motivated having been dropped.
Old 28-04-2019, 12:03   #56
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
I don't know where you find this reservoir of optimism, especially since you just saw them with your own eyes...

Paqueta will make a difference of course but he can't carry the team. The whole team needs to wake up. Cutrone does much better coming off the bench so i'm worried him starting will blunt his impact.

I'm looking forward to Hakan improving being near Paqueta again.
Old 28-04-2019, 12:26   #57
Tobinho
Decisive Hours

Quote:
Cutrone does much better coming off the bench so i'm worried him starting will blunt his impact.
I see why Rino wants to start him. Patrick always plays with great determination, so I'd expect to see him immediately start harrying the Torino defence and running like a madman trying to find space so can hopefully encourage the others to press higher, get forward and play at a higher tempo.
Old 28-04-2019, 12:38   #58
brk
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobinho View Post
I see why Rino wants to start him. Patrick always plays with great determination, so I'd expect to see him immediately start harrying the Torino defence and running like a madman trying to find space so can hopefully encourage the others to press higher, get forward and play at a higher tempo.
Perfect, but what's he going to do alone against 3 CB's? He's not the kind of player that drops back to confuse them so it will be easy to cage him in. Why not play him AND Piatek from the start?
Old 28-04-2019, 13:28   #59
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Fuck Gattuso, what a fucking imbecile. Dropping Piatek, to cover up his own shit ass tactics.

Seriously fuck him, he needs to fuck off to Serie D.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2019, 13:47   #60
necromancer
Il Diamante

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingu View Post
I've come to expect nothing in recent weeks. But.. yes, seeing us lose 4th I expect the team to show up with a newfound attitude and win this.
We've always done better with this bunch of young guys when up against the wall, so who knows that might be the mental motivation needed.

Quote:
I don't know where you find this reservoir of optimism, especially since you just saw them with your own eyes...

Paqueta will make a difference of course but he can't carry the team. The whole team needs to wake up. Cutrone does much better coming off the bench so i'm worried him starting will blunt his impact.

I'm looking forward to Hakan improving being near Paqueta again.
Optimism is never misplaced for this Milan team since we've all seen what they are capable off, as recently as last month before the derby. It's a team that's difficult to predict - which is the case with most young teams in top divisions. It could be really great, it could be really bad. All part of the growing process.

Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote