Evaluation on our current transfer progress

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
evaluation?

... still not happy ... i said it in the transfer section ... we still need a whole lot to be good competition to clubs like barca and chelsea... even real madrid, arsenal, liverpool and inter look better than us atleast on paper

for us to be the best again we need 6 new strikers, without going into too much depth (check out the dream signings thread in the transfer forum if u insist on knowing) we need to buy: buffon/frey, daniel alves, gallas, diarra, ze roberto, sobis, and tevez ... very hard now that we have around 2 weeks left but thats what i wished for

Reaction score
We should really try to buy Tevez and one or two new forwards. Building a new defense is a thing we should have done years ago (common, Costacurta is 40 years and still playing).

Milan should become aggresive and try to steal any player that they think that they need. We need to kick red stars ass first ;)

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
Jivara said:
evaluation?

... still not happy ... i said it in the transfer section ... we still need a whole lot to be good competition to clubs like barca and chelsea... even real madrid, arsenal, liverpool and inter look better than us atleast on paper

for us to be the best again we need 6 new strikers, without going into too much depth (check out the dream signings thread in the transfer forum if u insist on knowing) we need to buy: buffon/frey, daniel alves, gallas, diarra, ze roberto, sobis, and tevez ... very hard now that we have around 2 weeks left but thats what i wished for
:eek: Wow, you really think Milan can afford all that, all those players are available and all those players are needed?!? Do you have no faith in any of our players? I like that Milan stick with players and don't feel the need to buy a hundred different players every year like Real Madrid and Chelsea. I think that contunuity builds chemistry and teamwork and is what has made Milan the best football team in the world over the past four or so years. I mean look at the team from the 2003 CL final and last years team that went to the CL semi-finals, the two squads are very similar.

I think all that is needed is one more defender and one more striker. I would like one defender and two more strikers.
If Milan can sign Oddo (FB) or preferably Gallas (FB/CB) as the defender plus Torres (SS) or Tevez (SS) as the striker to play alongside Gila (ST) or Inzaghi (ST) and then Sobis (SS) as the 4th striker I think Milan with that team could challenge for the CL and Scudetto.

Milanesta_MKD

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All AC Milan players
No one should be worried about transvers I think everything its OK i belive in our players and the chemistry between them so i would like only one striker and diffece Oddo will do the job and Sobis like striker......it's enough

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
sivlE said:
:eek: Wow, you really think Milan can afford all that, all those players are available and all those players are needed?!? Do you have no faith in any of our players? I like that Milan stick with players and don't feel the need to buy a hundred different players every year like Real Madrid and Chelsea. I think that contunuity builds chemistry and teamwork and is what has made Milan the best football team in the world over the past four or so years. I mean look at the team from the 2003 CL final and last years team that went to the CL semi-finals, the two squads are very similar.

I think all that is needed is one more defender and one more striker. I would like one defender and two more strikers.
If Milan can sign Oddo (FB) or preferably Gallas (FB/CB) as the defender plus Torres (SS) or Tevez (SS) as the striker to play alongside Gila (ST) or Inzaghi (ST) and then Sobis (SS) as the 4th striker I think Milan with that team could challenge for the CL and Scudetto.
afford?? ... you dont think we can afford them??? ... after being arguably the most feared team in the world for 4 straight years, winning the CL once, reaching a final, a semi, and QF in 4 years aswell as winning the scudetto once and qualifying each year offcourse we can afford those players... after purchasing free agents for 3 straight summers offcourse we can afford them, after selling sheva for 45 million and getting a new deal with bet and win offcourse we can afford them ... oh and more importantly, if we can afford to spend 40 m on torres alone, actually if we can afford 140m on ronaldinho then why cant we afford those players??? .. I bet you all 7 would cost less than 140

... I trust our players, ive been a milan fan since I was 7 and ive gone through many ups and downs and ive experienced milan at their worst, and to be honest after half a decade of success I feel we are going back to that status ... I trust our players and will always stick by them, but I dont trust our management anymore I would love to see simic do what gallas does but he isnt a gallas, neither is amoroso a tevez ... etc

we need a GK because dida is leaving in a year and this is the best time to go for buffon, a RB is needed because last year we suffered with cafu out, a CB like gallas is needed because costacurta or maldini arent 20 anymore and kaladze im not sure of as CB, a DM is needed because our midfield last season lacked depth and defensivly have been poor, ze roberto is needed because he is available for free and he is a very versatile player that can give us many options during the season and he already said he wants to join us, tevez is needed because sheva isnt around anymore

.. dunno about you, but I never questioned milans actions for the past 4 years but now i have a different feeling and its a negative one sadly :cry:

ForzaACMilan

Beginner
Reaction score
sivlE said:

One of the most sensical and best posts i ever read in this forum. :star: :star:

What makes us different from Chelsea and Madrid and all these teams who spend a lot of money is the fact that Milan maintain the same players each year as much as possible and I'm with your idea that this factor made us succesful (in Europe especially) over the past years. If you make a revolution of changes in players each year, it will be just like playing with a different team each year, it will change the team's style, and the squad won't be as united as when you keep the same players with only a few additions per year. Our way keeps the squad more united, more familiar with the team, its style, whats expected from them, and i think that the fact that Milan doesn't sell a player unless he is willing to be sold, makes the players feel more comfartable and confident in Milan, and this makes them more loyal and want to stay.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
yes, i couldnt agree more ...

but im not asking for us to spend like crazy every year... maybe you would believe me if you knew me from before but im new here, I always supported the fact that we never spent alot on the market, but there is a time when things have to change, we have to accept the fact that maldini, billy, cafu just to name a few arent getting any younger, we have to accept the fact that some of our idols can be benched, we made several small problems despite the theory weve been following, we were to sentimental with our players, now im not asking for us to put stalin as coach, im just saying that cafu obviously couldnt have played the whole of last season as the sole pure RB on the squad and I think we should have gone for another RB to act as an understudy, we didnt, and it backfired, cafu got injured ... the right side (our most dangerous side) got numb and we had to try out different solutions until we finally settled for a serginho-kaladze-nesta-stam backfour ... we should have also gone for a versatile CB like gallas whos more than available right now ... we didnt, maldini got injured, billy was too slow at times, simic not very reliable and nesta and stam were injured every often while kaladze despite doing good had a few mistakes at the back that could have been costly ... the midfield is starting to loosen up a bit as you can tell that last season weve been accepting more goals than normal and you can see that the defenisve duties arent being performed as they should meaning we need more depth and better options available to solve this, there was diarra available but now real madrid signed him ...

you see, if we re-build our squad, a yong yet mature one for the next 5 years then im sure we would all be fine with that ... we did it in between 2001 and 2002 (seedorf, pirlo, rui costa, inzaghi, rivaldo, nesta, simic, dida) and it got us the champions league why cant we do it again?? ...

Rybalchenko

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tymoschuk, Oleh Luzhny, Paolo Maldini
I think this summer transfer season two decent transfers would be enough, a defender and an attacker (young attacker). For the striker though, above *decent*, more like, very promising. 3 signings would be very good, two defenders 3 attackers (Billy and Maldini won't stay much much longer)...

I would be very confident if Milan get 2-3 signings being a couple defenders and a class-act young attacker, because the midfield is simply great.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
My IDOL: Roberto Baggio. Then Maldhini, NESTA, BUFFON, GUTTUSO
Milan loosing in transfer market

It is low point in milan's illustrious era that players dont simply wana come to this club. I think the fear of scandal and made them go away and as they thought there is no future for them in milan in this season. U know what should we do, we should answer them in the AZZURI STYLE, like our italian brothers, we should win the champions league. Prove to Europe that we have strong mentality, we know when to focus on what is imp; we know how to prioritize how tasks. What do u guys think about milan's response.

Agent Orange

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pirlo, Gattuso, Seedorf, Nesta, Weah, Boban, Maldini, Albertini
YEAH WE SHOULD THIS!!! COME ON!!!

Oh, wait... It's our team that should do the job. And our team has a lack of 2 strong defenders and one forward that would play in Sheva's position. And there are at least 5 clubs in Europe with stronger and deeper squad than ours. Oh, well, there's always a next season.

:o :rolleyes:

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Can you give me one player Milan approached that didn't want to come??? We simply are waiting till we have qualified for the CL group stages.

But I think this is a good thread for the forum so they can stop crying in all the other topics.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
teis said:
Can you give me one player Milan approached that didn't want to come??? We simply are waiting till we have qualified for the CL group stages.

But I think this is a good thread for the forum so they can stop crying in all the other topics.

Spot on Teis.
Let's stop the whingeing and let's wait until wednesday for God's sake!

adriano_cau

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A. Cassano, F. Inzaghi, P. Maldini, R. Baggio, G. Zola
teis said:
Can you give me one player Milan approached that didn't want to come???

Ronaldinho...at least.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
adriano_cau said:
Ronaldinho...at least.
Eum? Did we make a bid for him? Did he refuse a contract from us?

NO! He said some shit about feeling good in Spain, so fucking what? If we would offer him a contract and he refuses, then you should talk, not now. We all know how 'loyal' football players are, especially when you offer them money.

Fyrstnissen

Sempre Rossoneri!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka and Gourcuff
adriano_cau said:
Ronaldinho...at least.

That was a bull shit rumour! The whole Milan administration knew that it was never going to happen.. We just had to bring some spotlight back on us! :)

But we should ofc. "just" win CL, but it ain't all that easy!
Let's wait untill tuesday, and let's take it from there shall we? (We're playing redstar on tuesday pupone :))

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
Fyrstnissen said:
That was a bull shit rumour! The whole Milan administration knew that it was never going to happen.. We just had to bring some spotlight back on us! :)

But we should ofc. "just" win CL, but it ain't all that easy!
Let's wait untill tuesday, and let's take it from there shall we? (We're playing redstar on tuesday pupone :))

Yea but we will still have to wait until Wednesday to really make moves for players.

adriano_cau

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A. Cassano, F. Inzaghi, P. Maldini, R. Baggio, G. Zola
teis said:
Eum? Did we make a bid for him? Did he refuse a contract from us?

Only if a compromise can’t be reached could Milan swoop for the World Cup player as Barca chief Joan Laporta has suggested.

“Milan have asked for Ronaldinho and although he is not on sale, we have to treat him correctly and try to find a compromise between his needs and the needs of the club,” he told newspaper El Mundo Deportivo."

“Milan’s interest flattered me, it’s always nice to know that an important team is after you, but I am glad to be here and am only thinking about playing for this outfit,” said the Balon d’Or winner.

http://www.acmilan-online.com/archive/arc7-2006.php

Considering these quotes, the number of sites reporting the 'rumour', etc., I'm sure we at least made an initial approach and request. Ronaldinho's statement is nothing more than a polite refusal.

Rybalchenko

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tymoschuk, Oleh Luzhny, Paolo Maldini
Crimson_milano said:
U know what should we do, we should answer them in the AZZURI STYLE, like our italian brothers, we should win the champions league.

Yeah. Let's just do it. Milan should just decide to win this year.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
yeah howecome we never thought of doing that before? :D

ter

Reaction score
Fav. Players
pato, ronaldhino, pippo
Agent Orange said:
YEAH WE SHOULD THIS!!! COME ON!!!

Oh, wait... It's our team that should do the job. And our team has a lack of 2 strong defenders and one forward that would play in Sheva's position. And there are at least 5 clubs in Europe with stronger and deeper squad than ours. Oh, well, there's always a next season.

:o :rolleyes:

true story we should have done what inter did they snapped up all the quality players ages ago if we wait much longer there will b no1 left already sobis is talkin about valencia why? cause milan are pissin around he should have been signed last week

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
ter said:
true story we should have done what inter did they snapped up all the quality players ages ago if we wait much longer there will b no1 left already sobis is talkin about valencia why? cause milan are pissin around he should have been signed last week

It's simple the reason why Inter got all that they have is b/c they are 1.starting the Serie A campagin from 0 pts not - something, and 2.they are also in the CL group stage.

Everyone can piss on all they want about Milan not pressing hard enough to sign certain players, that's crap!Players want there pay cheques but tehy also want to be in contention for trophies as well.ATM the only one I'm sure we may of actually blew it with is Zambrotta, I don't know what was going on there.All the others,personally, I'm glad they didn't come.Sobis will arrive within the week, and then likely (as much as I don't want him at Milan) Ronaldo will come as well with Oddo rounding out the transfer market.

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
Naraku said:
It's simple the reason why Inter got all that they have is b/c they are 1.starting the Serie A campagin from 0 pts not - something, and 2.they are also in the CL group stage.

Everyone can piss on all they want about Milan not pressing hard enough to sign certain players, that's crap!Players want there pay cheques but tehy also want to be in contention for trophies as well.ATM the only one I'm sure we may of actually blew it with is Zambrotta, I don't know what was going on there.All the others,personally, I'm glad they didn't come.Sobis will arrive within the week, and then likely (as much as I don't want him at Milan) Ronaldo will come as well with Oddo rounding out the transfer market.
you seem very confident we will get these players which for our sakes i hope your right about them as we need players for squad depth and a couple for starting line up

ter

Reaction score
Fav. Players
pato, ronaldhino, pippo
yea i think ronalo mightnt be bad though. granted hes overweight but i think thats down to the v.i.p galactio crap at madrid get him properly fit and i think hes well able to knock in 20 goals a season also i think he may be out to prove his critics wrong this season

kakarulez

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Naraku said:

You can add Buffon to the list too. And if the management don't hurry up, Sobis will join the list too :head: :head: :head:

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
well i agree that this transfer window has been one of Milan's worst but we still have targets and the tranhsfer window is not yet over so if i miss any1 out plz tell me,
the targets we still have (who have not been bought by any1) are
1.Oddo
2.Tevez
3.Torres
4.Ze Roberto
5.Sobis
6.Ronaldo
there is still hope and can any1 tell me if theres any1 else plz

mos-milan

_-_-_
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan 11,Joe Cole,Lampard,Makelele
siatanhai said:
well i agree that this transfer window has been one of Milan's worst but we still have targets and the tranhsfer window is not yet over so if i miss any1 out plz tell me,
the targets we still have (who have not been bought by any1) are
1.Oddo
2.Tevez
3.Torres
4.Ze Roberto
5.Sobis
6.Ronaldo
there is still hope and can any1 tell me if theres any1 else plz
I hope one more target would be Gallas!!!

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
mos-milan said:
I hope one more target would be Gallas!!!
yes i did not forget about him its just he is either staying or going to arsenal but maybe if he stays we can get him on a free that is if we offer a good contract that he wiould accept

mos-milan

_-_-_
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan 11,Joe Cole,Lampard,Makelele
siatanhai said:
yes i did not forget about him its just he is either staying or going to arsenal but maybe if he stays we can get him on a free that is if we offer a good contract that he wiould accept
I've read that too!!!But Chelsea denied him a move to Arsenal.As far as i remember not only he wanted to leave Chelsea but he also wanted a move out of the Premiership!!!That makes me a little optimistic about his case!!!

Schedule