Week 21: Empoli 2-2 AC Milan 23/01/2016 20.45 CET

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
Being superstitious.
Starting this thread post-Fiorentina thread.

Tough game again this time Away.
Still 12 points away from the top.
6 away from Viola.
3 away from Roma.

Roma facing Juve.

Let's see the performance against the 8th team of Serie A.

Forza Milan ❤️ a winning streak inch'allah?

Last edited:

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
If we win this, you are going to open every match thread for the remaining games of the season.

Derby is close. We can catch these inter scums before they can say risotto

Rapido dai. Gli spacchiamo il culo eh. Sono interisti questi, cazzo.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
4-1

maccarone x2 saponara x2 - balotelli

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
This is a lot of responsability :proud:

We're comming from behind to interisti; they sure gonna take it deep.

Reaction score
Kucka and Monto as CM's please. Monto should be given full creative freedom, Empoli will not play with a high line ala Fiorentina. Otherwise, same line-up as the last game (yes, this also includes Niang)

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
You know that lightning never strikes twice

im just saying

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think we should go with the same formation that started versus Fiorentina.

Gigio; Nelli, Roman, Alex, Abate; Jack, Monto, Berto, Honda; Bacca, Niang

Would give Balo/Boateng at least 10-15 minutes in this one to find some match rhythm then start them both vs Alessandria.

Il_Capitano

Primavera
Reaction score
I think we should go with the same formation that started versus Fiorentina.

Gigio; Nelli, Roman, Alex, Abate; Jack, Monto, Berto, Honda; Bacca, Niang

Would give Balo/Boateng at least 10-15 minutes in this one to find some match rhythm then start them both vs Alessandria.

I would change Niang for Balotelli. Considering KPB's impact was improved by the fact that Niang made every single CB from Fiorentina run as hell and become tired but this time I doubt Empoli would be as tired as them considering they play full counter attack.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
victory in this n hope roma holds juve for a draw

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Hope Roma loses. How does it matter what Juve and Napoli does.. They are far stronger. Our goals should be to see Roma, Inter, Fiorentina fail.

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Hope Roma loses. How does it matter what Juve and Napoli does.. They are far stronger. Our goals should be to see Roma, Inter, Fiorentina fail.

don't wanna see juve win. simple. no other reason

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Anyone who isnt starting Kucka is an idiot.
Guy is clearly important for us.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
don't wanna see juve win. simple. no other reason

Fair point... Not that I want Napoli to win Scudetto, but they're the only proper rival Juve have. So go Napoli

Seeing Juve winning it for the 5th time in a row would be too much for me

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
Anyone who isnt starting Kucka is an idiot.
Guy is clearly important for us.

I'd rather play the same lineup and know that I can push: Kucka; Boateng; Balo on the field later, from the bench, rather than playing Kucka and having Poli waiting as a sub.
You can notice than Bench is what makes difference between teams worldwide and at certain moments of the game.
That's how I see things.. I hope I'm not wrong .

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
ROFL , what kind of a sadistic plan is that ?!!!!
We barely have starters so I dont give a shit about bench impact.
Let Niang or Berto try to be that for you but Kucka need to start next to Monto.

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
ROFL , what kind of a sadistic plan is that ?!!!!
We barely have starters so I dont give a shit about bench impact.
Let Niang or Berto try to be that for you but Kucka need to start next to Monto.

Sadistic? haha you really made me laugh :lol:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Please kick on from the Fiorentina victory.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
MILANO - Sono 23 gli uomini scelti da mister Mihajlovic per la gara in trasferta di domani sera contro l'Empoli alle ore 20.45 allo stadio Castellani, valida per la 21esima giornata del campionato di Serie A:

PORTIERI: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Livieri

DIFENSORI: Abate, Alex, Antonelli, Calabria, De Sciglio, Romagnoli, Zapata

CENTROCAMPISTI: Bertolacci, Bonaventura, De Jong, Jos? Mauri, Kucka, Montolivo, Poli

ATTACCANTI: Bacca, Balotelli, Boateng, Honda, Luiz Adriano, Niang

http://www.acmilan.com/it/news/breaking_news_show/90775

A win here would give us a lot in terms on confidence and consistency, could be a turning point of the season along with the Fiorentina game.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
MILANO - Sono 23 gli uomini scelti da mister Mihajlovic per la gara in trasferta di domani sera contro l'Empoli alle ore 20.45 allo stadio Castellani, valida per la 21esima giornata del campionato di Serie A:

CENTROCAMPISTI: Bertolacci, Bonaventura, De Jong, Jos? Mauri, Kucka, Montolivo, Poli

http://www.acmilan.com/it/news/breaking_news_show/90775

A win here would give us a lot in terms on confidence and consistency, could be a turning point of the season along with the Fiorentina game.

Yay! So glad Adriano is back! (Can't wait to see Menez back as well.) Forza Milan!

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
Milan's probable line-up against Empoli [Sky]

CZUUvJQWEAAsmud.jpg

On ne change pas une equipe qui gagne, right?

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
CZVlszyWwAAJLEi.jpg

Baldy & Adri before heading to Empoli.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Miha gonna rotate this one. Donnarumma; Antonelli, Alex, Zapata, De Sciglio; Bertolacci (De Jong), Kucka, Poli; Boateng, Luiz Adriano, Balotelli.

That would be my guess.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No he won't. Empoli is too good a team for that stuff

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Mihajlovic: "Balotelli said he has 60 minutes in his legs, but I think he can only play for 30 minutes right now. Boateng isn't at full fitness. He could be useful during the match though. Derby? It's early to think about it, now we have Empoli then Alessandria."

Mihajlovic: "I have not heard Mancini. Sarri was wrong, but not racist. On the field there is tension and adrenaline. I am lucky to not have problems with coaches, but only with water bottles."

Mihajlovic: "I'm glad to have Luiz Adriano back, it was a beneficial deal but failed. Now we have many strikers, when Menez returns I offer champagne."

Mihajlovic: "Diego Lopez and Mexes tomorrow will do medical controls, Diego is better but has not yet trained with us."

Mihajlovic: "When the environment is serene you work better, it's up to us to play well and stop the controversy. I have a contract and the club decides. I have a clear conscience, I'm always head up, whatever happens."

Mihajlovic: "The group is compact and disciplined, I'm proud with the behavior of my players. The talent is nothing without discipline, the players have understood this. Empoli is the surprise of the season. If we enter the field and play with the character shown vs Fiorentina then we will win."

Mihajlovic: "A difficult week, exams never end but the important thing is to overcome them. On the 20th week we are the best Milan of the last 4 years, but we also deserved more points. I have a contract and the club decides."

Mihajlovic: "The team is growing and has great room for improvement. I always want the average of 2 points per game."

Mihajlovic: "Empoli in the last 10 games have taken 20 points, we know this will be a difficult match for us. Even though we?re good, we?ll need concentration to win this match, we need the will-to-win."

Last edited:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Miha gonna rotate this one. Donnarumma; Antonelli, Alex, Zapata, De Sciglio; Bertolacci (De Jong), Kucka, Poli; Boateng, Luiz Adriano, Balotelli.

That would be my guess.

why would he rotate for this game? Empoli is a tough team to play and we desperately need a win to find some consistency

And imagine benching Honda :fp: He gives us so much defensively and helps us keep possession + he links up well with Abate.. swap him for someone like Niang or Menez and this 442 will fall apart

Honda for someone who hasn't been playing much and has a very defensive role has good numbers this year - 5 assists & a goal