Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
i said before...he's like a supermodel when he's playing...

imean....

wow[/IMG]

xukH9.png

Fiero

Reaction score
Debuted for Atalanta and the U21's in the same game as Pazzini.

Also scored his first official goal on my birthday. :o

At 0:30 is he talking about Banega? :eek: From my understanding he was saying he's a center midfielder and then they asked him something (like who? or which is the best player you like in this position?) and he said Banega, he's an important player. :proud: Italian speakers please confirm.

Tidalwave

Shredder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' #22, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Sheva, Ibra, Balotelli, De Rossi, Montolivo.
Monty 1 goal and 2 assist today :cool:

Fiero

Reaction score
Howcome Monty wore his personalized boots only vs Chievo? Was it a one time thing? Against Malaga and Fiorentina, he was back to the red ones.

Sahlinho

Beginner
Reaction score
Monty, the capitano il futuro!
Love how he runs to pato, cheering him up after the huge penalty miss !

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
I am sorry monty we couldnt stomp on the violet crap .. dont worry we will due it in the futre :thumbsup:

I love this dude .. oh he is half german :star:

Milanista2020

The Milan Motivator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Patinho, Gattuso, Maldini, Baresi, shevchenko, Boban, Kaka,
Monty needs to play higher up the field. When we are losing and he is made to play higher up the field he is a lot more dangerous and creative.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Monty needs to play higher up the field. When we are losing and he is made to play higher up the field he is a lot more dangerous and creative.

i think it doesn't fit Allegri's system, unless he's a LB

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Wednesday November 14 2012 Montolivo gives El Shaarawy advice

Riccardo Montolivo praised Italy and Milan teammate Stephan El Shaarawy after his debut goal, but also told him off.

Stephan is good at cutting the pitch and using his pace to anticipate the defender and goalkeeper. He has scored goals like that at Milan, too,” said the midfielder after giving him the assist in a 2-1 defeat to France.

I’ve told him off many times because when he gets the ball, he puts his head down and doesn’t look round at the other options.

I think we played pretty well, especially in the first half and the final 20 minutes of the match. It’s a shame, as this is a prestigious friendly, but the important thing is the performance.”

Balotelli also took part in that El Shaarawy goal move, so could SuperMario join Montolivo at Milan?

For now it’s an all-Azzurri move. For the future, we’ll see.”

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
“I think we played pretty well, especially in the first half and the final 20 minutes of the match. It’s a shame, as this is a prestigious friendly, but the important thing is the performance.”

Monty is right

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Nah. Monty played best because he was the SECONDARY playmaker. Just like in euros. Both times all the Azzuri mids could pass. In summer Pirlo carried the main responsibilities. Yesterday was verratti

That's just who montolivo is. He's not a true playmaker

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Nah. Monty played best because he was the SECONDARY playmaker. Just like in euros. Both times all the Azzuri mids could pass. In summer Pirlo carried the main responsibilities. Yesterday was verratti

4917d1222904921-honda-civic-honda-civic.jpg

leopard190

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fabregas, Yaya, TS33, Abidal, MVB, Abbiati

Well you kinda just made his point for him. Both those guys (Pirlo/Verrati) like to stay really close to CB's anchoring the 3 mids and this forces Montolivo to make himself useful elsewhere, i.e. further up, closer to the forwards. Given a choice he'd rather do what they are doing which is organizing and dictating.

At Milan there's no one better in that role than he is so he gets it by default. In Italy, he's forced further up and produces despite no liking the setup. (Din't watch game yesterday btw)

But your both kinda saying the same thing, put Pirlo/Verrati on Milan and he'd be involved much further up the field than he is now.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Well you kinda just made his point for him. Both those guys (Pirlo/Verrati) like to stay really close to CB's anchoring the 3 mids and this forces Montolivo to make himself useful elsewhere, i.e. further up, closer to the forwards. Given a choice he'd rather do what they are doing which is organizing and dictating.

At Milan there's no one better in that role than he is so he gets it by default. In Italy, he's forced further up and produces despite no liking the setup. (Din't watch game yesterday btw)

But your both kinda saying the same thing, put Pirlo/Verrati on Milan and he'd be involved much further up the field than he is now.

well yes and no.

I've always said he's best in a free b2b role linking midfield to attack.

it doesnn't matter if pirlo or verratti are in 'deeper' roles they are clearly 'the playmaker' not montolivo

-

If I had my ideal we'd use a 3 man midfield, get a proper anchor (ie not de jong) and add a second more creative CM.... perhaps someone like hernanes...

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
well yes and no.

I've always said he's best in a free b2b role linking midfield to attack.

it doesnn't matter if pirlo or verratti are in 'deeper' roles they are clearly 'the playmaker' not montolivo

-

If I had my ideal we'd use a 3 man midfield, get a proper anchor (ie not de jong) and add a second more creative CM.... perhaps someone like hernanes...

Agreed!:thumbsup:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban

That is true. Montolivo is a classical box to box player, with great capabilities, great stamina, great technical and tactical sence. I have a feeling he will reach his potential in Milanello and playing in stronger Milan next season.

Its obvious Monto plays better fot the Azzuri coz he has better team and one more classical ball-player ala Pirlo.

Also, Monto is not a player to play in front of the defence like Max uses him. In 4-3-3 he can play behind the "3" up front, what Bojan plays 4 us now.

Or in romb he can play left-right.

Play Pjanic next to De Jong, and Monto up front. Then he'll be more free, like with the Azzuri.

He has a great game :thumbsup:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Establishing himself as one of our best players , and one of my favourite players in the current squad.

Schedule