Kevin Strootman

Deunamist

F*** Juventus
Reaction score
MVB has been assigned the #6 shirt previously assigned to Strootman..

media_l_4828835.jpg

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Please make this man first priority! We need at least one A class midfielder!!!

Kvothe

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think he is too young and inexperienced to succeed in Italy as a DM. Could turn out to be a great player though. Its probably worth taking the risk.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Oh mai god.

Were getting Strootman!

BreadPitt

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomori, Nesta, Maldini,Tassotti, Silva, Seedorf, Baresi, Totti, *Abate*,
OMG if we get Strootman....

For 10 Mil he is a steal. A good player.

Sell Robinho off and bring in Ganso or Hernanes with the Money....

Any money left over...Get LODI! :g:

naive_harry

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, Pato, Abate, Nocerino and in that order
OMG if we get Strootman....

For 10 Mil he is a steal. A good player.

Sell Robinho off and bring in Ganso or Hernanes with the Money....

Any money left over...Get LODI! :g:

Ganso would be over 25 Million
Hernanes might be possible

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Sheva
maybe we'll trade Robinho for Ganso,of course,with some extra money...

if we get Strootman it will be fantastic,I think is a really good player,even I've see him play only in a few matches.

Last edited:

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
I think we should use the aquilani money to bring him in, and hernanes as the mega deal......successful mercato in my books

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
that is a nice touch. van bommel and strootman not exchanging clubs only, but numbers too... van bommel getting the # 6. Strootman getting the # 4.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: i actually dont think that strootman was ever touched by the overratedness of the hype machine. he's a solid player. and it's the risky signings like this that i want us to make. young, full of potential and risky. i would always do a transaction like this instead of one like traore. at least we do have traore, in case strootman flops. one could argue that a flopping strootman would still be better than a traore who is at his peak ( his peak = his average football)

get on that phone galliani/zlatan/urby/someone with brains and seduce strootman. please. i'm very sure that van bommel has tipped strootman in our direction already.

kapten

Primavera
Reaction score
Boateng-Montolivo-Strootman
----------Tevez-----------
------Ibra------Cassano----

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
it's more of a question whether Galliani has his eyes set on Strootman rather than Strootman wanting us imo.

i.e. G needs to be convinced that Strootman is worth 10mil. ofc, we'll end up buying him for 7.5mil in 3 installments if that's the case. :proud: :g:

Last edited:

Godfather

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
This move isn't happening; Montolivo, Muntari + Ambrosini can and will be played in the DM position.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
For god sake :b: & :g:! Muntari, Nocerino and Ambrosini are not starting material.

We need 4 New Midfielders (We need at least 1 WC)... Strootman would be a good start, a good prospect.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Strootman doesn't look like an anchor to me. He would play on the sides in a diamond midfield.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
He does to me when I read:

the way i'm reading allgri's statements w/ montolivo. He'll play anchor, which is fine. He's defensively as adept as someone like xabi alonso.

And we want to flank him with guys like strootman, asamoah, witsel. Similar to what juve do w/ marchisio/vidal.

Personally I'd be content if we just got 1 of those 3. I know no chance at 2.

strootman--Montolivo--noc/flams, looks like a good upgrade to me

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
the way i'm reading allgri's statements w/ montolivo. He'll play anchor, which is fine. He's defensively as adept as someone like xabi alonso.

And we want to flank him with guys like strootman, asamoah, witsel. Similar to what juve do w/ marchisio/vidal.

Personally I'd be content if we just got 1 of those 3. I know no chance at 2.

strootman--Montolivo--noc/flams, looks like a good upgrade to me

Montolivo has more experience, and Serie A experience, so it's okay to have him as anchor and Strootman on the side. Strootman will be a good help for Montolivo anyway. I just want Strootman whether he plays anchor or side-central, because I simply want to have what he offers being added to our midfield. Also his potential/price is a must get.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
He does to me when I read:

All those guys played as anchor before. Muntari did a good job there when Allegri tested him.

The videos of Strootman show him making runs to the final third all the time. This atribute would be wasted, cause an anchor need to be way more careful positionally.

Seems to me like he would be way more natural with more freedom to move forward.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Montolivo has more experience, and Serie A experience, so it's okay to have him as anchor and Strootman on the side. Strootman will be a good help for Montolivo anyway. I just want Strootman whether he plays anchor or side-central, because I simply want to have what he offers being added to our midfield. Also his potential/price is a must get.

As you watch a lot Eredivisie, would you say Strootman is definitely future world Class?

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All those guys played as anchor before. Muntari did a good job there when Allegri tested him.

The videos of Strootman show him making runs to the final third all the time. This atribute would be wasted, cause an anchor need to be way more careful positionally.

Seems to me like he would be way more natural with more freedom to move forward.

I am not really that pleased with Muntari as anchor, so I made my post mostly because of his name. Strootman is easily a better pick. Ambrosini obviously is a good choice, but can't play often. Also nothing wrong with Montolivo, having Strootman next to him then, but it's not like Strootman is no fit for anchor. Just like Montolivo he is a pretty complete midfield. I would love both in our midfield, and then we will see who should play where. That you see him go forward in videos doesn't mean he will do that constantly when being played as anchor. He's very intelligent.

As you watch a lot Eredivisie, would you say Strootman is definitely future world Class?

You can't know that for sure, but to me he has that potential.

Last edited:

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
How much could we get him for?

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
I am not really that pleased with Muntari as anchor, so I made my post mostly because of his name. Strootman is easily a better pick. Ambrosini obviously is a good choice, but can't play often. Also nothing wrong with Montolivo, having Strootman next to him then, but it's not like Strootman is no fit for anchor. Just like Montolivo he is a pretty complete midfield. I would love both in our midfield, and then we will see who should play where. That you see him go forward in videos doesn't mean he will do that constantly when being played as anchor. He's very intelligent.

You can't know that for sure, but to me he has that potential.

Forgot also to put "Potential" :D

Schedule