The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 11-06-2018, 17:09   #3461
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
I'm a hater because i'm pointing out the times he cheated the rules not just in this fight? Okay budeeh.
How about showing examples where he cheated? Missing weight isn't cheating and coming in 0.2 overweight doesn't make a difference.

You're a hater because you cannot admit Yoel won or drew fair and square, that's all I'm saying.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 20:06   #3462
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Fence grabbing non stop against Jakare, stoolgate, water gate, 2x in a row misses weight.

Its not me hating, you're just gay for Gay Jesus.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 22:31   #3463
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Ghengis Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Fence grabbing non stop against Jakare, stoolgate, water gate, 2x in a row misses weight.

Its not me hating, you're just gay for Gay Jesus.
Fence grabbing - you mean the thing that happens all the damn time in the UFC? If it's too egregious, refs will take off points.

Stoolgate is not his fault, was explained several times now. It's funny people focus on that when the big cheating in that fight was all Kennedy

Oh wow - he poured water over himself? No athlete ever does that () - and he was promptly dried off? What a cheater!

Again, missing weight isn't cheating.

Nah, I just love watching great fighters and Yoel is easily one of the best we ever saw. Hate him all you want, he still loves you.

Signature
Old 13-06-2018, 20:20   #3464
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
I really wasn't impressed with his wall and stall. His standup was atrocious and I am frankly shocked RDA didn't take advantage of that. When he had control he didn't do much of it. Compare it with someone like Khabib when he gets control against a guy, how active he is.

You got Colby on the complete other end of the spectrum, gets his opponent against the wall and buries his head in his crotch. Obviously people put emphasis on different things but I didn't feel like Colby did much more that he inflicted a great deal of damage.

And yeah, CM - seems like a decent dude, is a shit fighter. He tried, can't blame him, just roll my eyes at Dana putting this on the main card.
Exactly!

Covington had a great game plan and basically forced himself on RDA, who probably underestimated him. I'm not saying Covington is great, just that he wasn't close to loosing this fight.

I think Woodley will murder him. It's gonna be a fun one.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 20:21   #3465
MilanMB
Serendipity

Az, you're doing it again. You get some strange idea in your head and run with it.

fence grabbing? srs?

Signature
GOAT
Old 15-06-2018, 10:51   #3466
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Exactly!

Covington had a great game plan and basically forced himself on RDA, who probably underestimated him. I'm not saying Covington is great, just that he wasn't close to loosing this fight.

I think Woodley will murder him. It's gonna be a fun one.
I do think that Woodley will maul him, much more imposing fighter than RDA.

That being said, I am a bit worried because he has this tendency of backing up towards the fence.

Rooting hard for Woodley here to derail Covington. I am not offended by his antics, I am annoyed by how unoriginal and basic his trolling is, so I'd be happy to see him knocked down a peg.

Signature
Old 15-06-2018, 12:07   #3467
Sage
Phase 2

covington is at least decent at talking shit, tony ferguson however is the king of cringe.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 12:36   #3468
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Do you really feel that way? He seems out of sorts when he has to deviate from his rehearsed lines. Agree on Ferguson being cringy, but at least it's not an act, he really is that way

Signature
Old 15-06-2018, 13:13   #3469
MilanMB
Serendipity

Covington has done good job with his trolling. But yeah, VERY unoriginal and seems so scripted.

I can't help it, I like Ferguson

Signature
GOAT
Old 15-06-2018, 14:52   #3470
Sage
Phase 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
Do you really feel that way? He seems out of sorts when he has to deviate from his rehearsed lines. Agree on Ferguson being cringy, but at least it's not an act, he really is that way
mcgregor is a gimmick as well, I'd rather someone that can actually rile up the crowd and opposing fighter rather than a damian maia for example.

fuck all that respect shit, you're 2 guys in your underwear fighting in a cage, talk all the shit pls.
Old 15-06-2018, 16:43   #3471
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post
mcgregor is a gimmick as well, I'd rather someone that can actually rile up the crowd and opposing fighter rather than a damian maia for example.

fuck all that respect shit, you're 2 guys in your underwear fighting in a cage, talk all the shit pls.
I wouldn't say it's necessarily a gimmick. To me it seems like Conor is simply an amped version of himself in front of cameras.

I LOVE his shit talk and antics(except for the dolly shit, that was over the line of course), because it comes off much more natural, quick witted and off the cuff. Just like the Diaz bros, they're not acting or don't appear to be acting.

Colby just doesn't come off authentic to me so this entire thing loses a bit of the effect to me. Can't compare Colby to McG, Diaz, Sonnen, Bisping or any other good trash talker tbh.

Just like MB said, can't help but like a guy like Tony. He's super cringy and talks mad shit about my favorite fighter, but that's him and I respect that. Probably helps that he's an amazing and unique fighter too.

Signature
Old 15-06-2018, 16:59   #3472
MilanMB
Serendipity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage View Post

although i agree with your main point... demian maia is a bad example. the sport needs personalities like him as well.

but yeah, when the fighters high five after every exchange i get pissed.

Signature
GOAT
Old 15-06-2018, 17:55   #3473
Sage
Phase 2

it's nice to have respectful fighters here and there but I'm getting tired of the "oh I don't talk shit" from fighters who say that because they can't cut a promo for shit.

yep, I hate the high 5s and hugging too, till and wonderboy was cringe.
Old 15-06-2018, 20:06   #3474
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Colby is horrible on the mic with his rehearsed shit, Bisping absolutely killed him on the after show when he was unprepared, fair play to him for trying though.

Sums up how bad the ufc is at this point though when Colby Covington's getting a push from his trash talk.
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2018, 21:11   #3475
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Sums up my feelings up about Colby situation pretty well

Signature
Old 15-06-2018, 22:29   #3476
MilanMB
Serendipity

yeah Bisping totally caught him off guard

Signature
GOAT
Old 15-06-2018, 22:37   #3477
Sage
Phase 2

bisping is a legend
Old 16-06-2018, 12:25   #3478
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

So far I’ve ignored most of Covington’s antics, but after watching some of it, it seems very forced. I would put him at Kevin Lee level in terms of trash talk cringe.

Bisping is a cheeky bastard and has been for years, you just knew he was going to get better of the exchange with that smirk on his face. Real reason Colby wore those shades is so his expression isn’t seen when Bisping owns him

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 20:28   #3479
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Idk whether to go to ufc 226, would you pay $400 for two tickets? in the high tier too, albeit i've been before and they aren't terrible.
Mexes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2018, 20:57   #3480
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexes5 View Post
Idk whether to go to ufc 226, would you pay $400 for two tickets? in the high tier too, albeit i've been before and they aren't terrible.
Haven't been to a UFC event myself, but i imagine if you actually wanna see the fights, you would need to be seated much closer than that.

Its not like in football, where you can be seated in the upper rows and still see the game rather well.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote