The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 03-10-2011, 15:48   #3981
Sven
Super Moderator

Nice pic, but also not a big deal. That's just the face of someone frustrated with his own injury and feeling pain (and Nesta has a lot of reason to be worried/sad about it due to his past suffering with injuries).

He was not mad or something.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 15:49   #3982
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurePk911 View Post

For the record
annihilation of attackers in near future This man is a legend, such a gem
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 16:30   #3983
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by agsgualdino View Post
how longs he out for? time to step up mexes
cant really expect Mexes right away, just came off a major injury + still recovering

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 18:52   #3984
Anguisette
Coffee Dragon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka

Any word on what the trouble is?

Signature
Anguisette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 19:04   #3985
Lisa
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguisette View Post
Read on milannews.it that it was a meniscus problem. To what extent, I don't know. Hopefully, we'll know something sometime this week.

Signature
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 20:49   #3986
joyrider
Il Moderati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Read on milannews.it that it was a meniscus problem. To what extent, I don't know. Hopefully, we'll know something sometime this week.
i hope he's not out for a long time, i don't wanna see bonera on the pitch again
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 21:24   #3987
Australiano1980
Star Wars VIII blows

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Maldini, Savicevic, Baresi, Desailly, Gullit, Romario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguisette View Post
Nothing that milanlab couldnt fix in 1 year.

Signature
Australiano1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 21:50   #3988
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australiano1980 View Post
Nothing that milanlab couldnt fix in 1 year.
he'll b retired by then

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:33   #3989
melanman
The Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weah-man View Post
he'll b retired by then
Hopefully. I am tired of seeing him sully himself. Was my alltime favourite defender, now just a shadow. The confident look he use to have in his eyes has oozed out, now just looks like he trying his best to keep it together. Very sad indeed.
melanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:38   #3990
Fiero

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanman View Post
Hopefully. I am tired of seeing him sully himself. Was my alltime favourite defender, now just a shadow. The confident look he use to have in his eyes has oozed out, now just looks like he trying his best to keep it together. Very sad indeed.
Are you mad? Or are you just kidding yourself? Nesta has been our best defender this season. The performance vs Barcelona should shut up any talk of people doubting his current quality.

Was our best defender vs Juve as well. We lost the plot when he went off and eventually conceded twice.

Nesta's brain is clearly underrated by some over here. His game never relies on physicality. It's about organization and reading the game. Surely age takes its toll a bit, but he's still one of the best defenders around and will continue to be until he calls it a day.

Nesta is still first name on the team-sheet to me.
Fiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:56   #3991
DaMan
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Me, myself and I + my kids parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiero View Post
Are you mad? Or are you just kidding yourself? Nesta has been our best defender this season. The performance vs Barcelona should shut up any talk of people doubting his current quality.

Was our best defender vs Juve as well. We lost the plot when he went off and eventually conceded twice.

Nesta's brain is clearly underrated by some over here. His game never relies on physicality. It's about organization and reading the game. Surely age takes its toll a bit, but he's still one of the best defenders around and will continue to be until he calls it a day.

Sad to say but his age is really starting to show.
When Mexes is fit to play, Nesta should join the bench.
I also expect this to be his last season....
We must get a younger squad asap....
DaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:56   #3992
melanman
The Oracle

Quote:

If you cant see that Sandro nesta is at the end of his rope I question your knowledge of football.

Zidane,figo are retired for a reason. If you gave them training they would still look like class, but they both realise they do not have it to keep up on day to day basis and rather than sully there legendary status, they bowed out gracefully.
Old 04-10-2011, 06:03   #3993
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Nesta aint retiring till atleast 2013. And we should be grateful. Least of our problems.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:30   #3994
melanman
The Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senatore_M84 View Post
Nesta aint retiring till atleast 2013. And we should be grateful. Least of our problems.
Well thats good for him.

least of our problems because there is no quality in our squad period. There's only about 3 players in our current squad that could hold a starting place in one of the worlds top clubs and none are senetores.

And thats the truth, and sometimes the truth hurts.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:07   #3995
Ramzee
Forza Milan per sempre!

Fav. Players: De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.

Still Nesta been our best defender so far, he is of course is shadow of himself being at prime, but this just reveals what a crazy good defender he is. A shadow of himself Nesta - still one of the top defenders. Maybe not top ten, but definitely would make top 20. You'd hardly find an upgrade for our CB position, but if we do, we should still keep Nesta as a back up CB.

Our priority is midfield, which is nothing more than an avarage mid table team's CM. Also Abbiati looks very worrying, becoming mistakes prone.

Signature

Ramzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:30   #3996
Mrk
Il Capitano

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Sheva

I'd follow Nesta into battle, he's a leader and he leads our defence like a general. Age is but a number.
Mrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:53   #3997
TS33
National Team Player

Quote:

I completely agree however there was a moment during the first half where Nesta had to pull on a Juventus player's shirt in order to stop them (I can't remember who). That, to me, is a sign that unfortunately he is slowing down and it's very sad to see... although very inevitable. Back in the day you just know he would've closed them down with some crazy, super ridiculous and ultra classy tackle. Now it's resorting to grabbing the shirt.

Still, I am very grateful that he still continues to play, especially after the injury scare a few years back.
TS33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 13:43   #3998
Ramzee
Forza Milan per sempre!

Fav. Players: De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.

My all time fav. Milan pic

So much talent, so graceful and sexy. Just amazing

Signature

Ramzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 16:15   #3999
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

New avatar.

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 22:32   #4000
Calum1903
AC Milan Icon

I find it incredible that some people underestimate Nesta's continuing value to Milan.

As his physical decline continues, he could easily step back and become less active in order to avoid personal humiliation. Look at the games against Juventus and Barcelona: both teams played without a fixed CF, and Nesta could have simply sat back in the defensive line and left Vucinic/Messi to be someone else's problem.

But he didn't do that, because he's not a coward. Instead of hiding, he takes responsibility. Like all great players, he plays on the front foot, and seeks to use his ability and intelligence to impose himself on the game. In doing so he risks being made to look foolish, but he's more interested in helping his team than merely avoiding blame or protecting his own reputation.

Against Barcelona, when Messi and others found space between midfield and defence, Nesta repeatedly moved out into the space between the lines. Against Juventus, he tracked Vucinic all the way into the midfield and made a concerted effort to win the ball earlier, so that Milan wouldn't be pinned down on their own 18-yard line. These were moves that left Nesta exposed, but they were moves that were sorely needed by a struggling team. So he stepped up.

There's no substitute for that kind of leadership. Fuck anyone who disrespects Nesta.
Calum1903 is offline   Reply With Quote