• Total voters

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
Passion for *9* said:
To the biased German-hating mod here :

I still expect my post to be undeleted. As long as personal + anti-German insults go unpunished + uncensored you have no right whatsover to censor + delete my posts in reply to said insults.

Waiting....
I would like to see where the Germans were insulted. Post link?

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
this sucks so bad.
yesterday india lose, today south africa lose to australia.
i hope atleast new zealand can live up to their potential and kick some aussie ass.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Watched most of SA's innings (more importantly, De Villiers + Smith's partnership). Had the former not been run out, SA would have had a decent shot chasing that huge total. Add Smith's cramp and the timing couldn't be worse.

Either way, credit to the Aussies as they may end up stealing the $180,000 prize money from SA should they be ranked first soon. Still feel SA has the goods should they work on their fielding + bowling.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Bahahaha the shit kunt Watson got an awesome run out!

Haydo's awesome tonne!
Punter and Pup also played brilliant.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ You got to admit though ... the De Villiers + Smith partnership got you worried for two-or-so hours.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
^I didn't watch the game... so it didn't worry me. =)

Though yeah, if it wasn't for that miracle run out we would've been in the shit. Oh well it happened so 3 wins on the trot to the Aussies against the "number 1 side in the world" :o ;)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ I'm not sure, but should the you guys win your Super 8 tie, you'll overtake SA on the rankings + get the $180,000 prize money. I think that's why SA tried their best but fell short. Maybe it's time for Pollock to retire ... he's a legend in SA but boy did he get whacked!

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
They've won the last two World Cups quite easily, it must be said. With key figures stepping down, this is probably one of the weakest Aussie teams in a while ... and to see them make it three in a row? :rolleyes: Oh well, they probably deserve it.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Passion for *9* said:
Why is everyone hating on Australia ? :D

Jut the baddest and best team out there. And theyve been that way since around 1999. Theyve been in every world cup final except one since 1987.

Add to that, South Africa are the perennial "should have won the WC but got fucked by stupid rules" team. Theyve had quality to win it almost every single world cup, but have gotten fucked over either by rules (22 runs of 1 ball in 1992, rain rule in 2003) or have been beaten at the last moment in absolute humdinger of matches - the sort where one team really doesnt deserve to lose.

They recently beat the Aussies in a one-day game and broke the world record for the highest chase by about 100 runs. In cricket-world that is a monstrous task, and won them more than a few fans worldwide.

Ive been ranting, but the answer ur looking for is just that everyone is sortof keen for another team to win the WC this year, after 2 WCs with the same team. The Aussies need to be shown a thing or two, and South AFrica, and to a lesser extent, New Zealand, are the teams most likely of doing that.

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
San Paolo said:
Bahahaha the shit kunt Watson got an awesome run out!

Haydo's awesome tonne!
Punter and Pup also played brilliant.
Sony got out or what??

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
They hate the Aussies because we just dominate the sport and have been for the last two decades to great effect.

The only week point in this Australian team is the bowling. There's nothing weak about our batting. With Warne gone and McGrath on the way out this is going to really test the team. Having two phenomenons playing in the same century has paved the way for success over these past 10-15 years.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The only team that we struggle to beat is NZ. No doubt about them. Flemming is just a great and intellegent captain and knows how to play us. SA have always performed consistently but seem to choke on the final hurdle.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Finally Channel 9 are showing the remainder of the WC live so now I can watch the Aussies V WI. =)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Not hate, more of fed up with you guys making the game predictable + boring. The 'chase' isn't much exciting once the game has long been decided. There's no denying that it's always been a pleasure to watch quality cricket and the Aussies have consistently been the best specimen for quite some time now. But their dominance tends to take a certain edge out of the game.

But credit must be given where it's due ... and if the Aussies go all the way again, I hope the critics give this side (+ the others from the last two WCs) a fair shot at being the best cricketing side ever - an accolade they seem to want to unanimously + forever be credit to that wonderful West Indies side. Fact is though, only that WI side compares to the achievements of this Aussie side.

So no hate ... just a tad bit boring.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hayden with yet another sick sick century. this man is a machine. 158 this time. Australia cruising along at 316/6. Windies will need something special from Lara to win this one.
That Australia team of 2003 was probably the best cricket team of all time, definitely the greatest that Ive watched.
McGrath, Warne, Mark Waugh, Hayden, Ponting, Bevan and of course Steve Waugh. All names comparable with Clive Lloyd, Viv Richards, Joel Garner, Andy Roberts and Malcolm Marshall.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ Oh yeah ... Bevan! Didn't he have a better strike rate than Tendulkar? I remember, after he won the deciding ODI in India, a gloating Waugh just had to mention that Bevan was the best rated batsman in the world, etc.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
my bad Steve Waugh wasnt in the 2003 team, he was only in the 1999 team. Ponting is a good captain, but I think the side in 1999, captained by Steve waugh was a better side than the one in 2003.
Not sure about Bevans strike rate - I know his average was ridiculously high for aone-day internationals. Somewhere in the high 50s for all his career, attributed to the high number of not-outs. THE perfect number six, able to hit when needed, and easily milk the bowling and get a victory even if he comes in with 90 needed off 90.
Probably the most dependable batsman one day cricket has seen in my generation.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
The game's live on sopcast, btw Chanel 21237

Covers are still on. Really looking forward to seeing Lara after years. Hope he doesn't disappoint.

BBC Poll: Will WI overhaul the Aussies total? 21% - Yes; 79 - No.

Really liking the Indo-instrumental music on the sopchannel :D

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Haydos is absolutely killing it!

Not to mention only a few months back he was virtually going to get the axe when he made a score of about 80 or so against NZ or England (cant remember :tongue: ) and he has never looked back.

What a gun ;)

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Kumble retires from one day cricket.

What time's WI-AUS starting? Any news?

Edit: Not a huge fan of the 2 points group winners are given at the start of the Super 8. Puts a lot of pressure on SA, and we know how they deal with that :(

Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
^^^^^Game starts at 1330 GMT.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
And Langeveldt gets the wicket! Nice change by Smith.

Edit: Time for Pollock to retire maybe?

Make that 2 for Langeveldt :D

I agree with the commentators in that he's actually faster than Pollock.

EDIT: SL creeping on a bit. I'm a bit concerned by like the no mistakes attitude of Gibbs :D

Questionable tactics by Smith ... SL well in it now.

MOTHER FUCKING VAAS!! :mad: :head:

Last edited:

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
RSA = masters of the choking art :rolleyes:

I now remember why I stopped following cricket. Wasted the day + ended up nearly getting a heart attack.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sweet four on the trot! ;)