Week 4: Empoli (2) v (2) AC Milan - Tue 23/9/2014 - 20:45 CET

ACmen

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio Maldini Costacurta Inzaghi Sheva Boban Nesta Pirlo Bierhoff TS33 Kaka Pazzo Weah Clarence
2 dropped points on Pippo and 1 gained thanks in major part to referee for not awarding penalty when Bonehead handled the ball on stroke of halftime. Am so p!ssed at Pippo for starting Bonera and substituting Torres for Pazzo.

:safro:

USC

god of thunder
Reaction score
Muntari is the exact same. He's just not scoring random goals to make everyone forget how awful of a player he is.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No news yet how long Van ginkel will be out?

Would like to see a Dutch Van Ginkel-De Jong combo in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Ginkel playing a more offensive part and De Jong a more defensive part in front of the CBs.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
You guys do realise that , on paper , 4-2-3-1 is more offensive than 4-3-3.
But the problem isnt about formation but about other aspects like tactics , identity , positioning , ......

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
did you guys realize that Pazzini had actually come on as a sub in the last two games and didn't touch the ball once?

unbelievable how bad he is. and when he touches the ball, it's either a 2m pass or it's a miskick that goes wide of the goal. incredible how Pippo still benches Niang who was our best player in pre-season.. really unfair how he's being treated.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I think what makes 4-2-3-1 so fascinating is how good our courrent squad looks with all the attacking players we have almost all fielded in the same time.

I mean, El Sha, Menez, Honda and Torres simultainously on field at least sounds pretty awsome.

But yeah at the end of the day it's about tactics and defendive awareness of the single one. What might look good on paper doesn't work at all on field (for example NDJ-Monto combo).

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
Menez, Torres, Bonaventura, Abate played good.

The defence was shit, Bonera was :fp:, the fault of 2 goals was Gianni Vio.

van Ginkel played like a pussy, he got injured and replaced with Poli (who played good in second half).

Honda scored a good goal too. Menez hit the bar from long shot.

De Sciglio also played like a pussy, Zapata was shit.

Full match to watch: http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/italy/serie-a/empoli-vs-ac-milan

Highlights: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26hx69_empoli-2-2-milan-2014-2015-full-highlights-arabic-comm_tech

Got to see Highlights only.. thanks for this.

Goals were taken well, but still embarassing to draw Empoli. But I don't have much higher expectations than last year... Top 8 or so would be where I'd expect us.

A few years we finished in second and third with the likes of Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso, Inzaghi, T. Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, even Ibra.....

So what makes us think that without ANY superstars we can finish 3rd?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Bonera gots to go (whether to the bench, retirement, coaching, serie B, Parma, Catania).

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Got to see Highlights only.. thanks for this.

Goals were taken well, but still embarassing to draw Empoli. But I don't have much higher expectations than last year... Top 8 or so would be where I'd expect us.

A few years we finished in third with the likes of Pirlo, Nesta, Gattuso, Inzaghi, T. Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, even Ibra.....

So what makes us think that without ANY superstars we can finish 3rd?

Remind me, when did we finish 3rd with Ibra?

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
You guys do realise that , on paper , 4-2-3-1 is more offensive than 4-3-3.
But the problem isnt about formation but about other aspects like tactics , identity , positioning , ......

You know, that we dont have the mids for playing short and technical football right? We need to play direct and attacking football, just like borrusia and they are just fine. We have many options in 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 formation, more than with current system.

Every formation can be offensive and defensive tho.

Muntari/Essien-De Jong should be fine. Poli, van ginkel and jack can be used in front.

ELMAGO99

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Nesta, Cannavaro, Maldini, Tevez
Remind me, when did we finish 3rd with Ibra?

2011-2012 we finished 2nd with ibra..

My point is that how many times have we won scudetto in last 10 years??? We often finished in top 4... and we had a FARRR superior squad to this shit squad... so to expect top 3 I think is too much... much too much...

Games are nowadays won in midfield.. and De Jong/Poli/Muntari etc. well that's not nearly good enough...

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're not getting enough defensive support from the front 3 as it is now, with 3 CMs. With those players, 4231 is actually 4-2-fantasy.

Maybe using El Shaarawy and Bonaventura as hard work wingers.

Pippo doesn't seem to be develpoing a defense first team though

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Opta: 0 - Giampaolo Pazzini didn't touch the ball once after replacing Fernando Torres on the 81st min against Empoli. Invisible.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
2011-2012 we finished 2nd with ibra..

My point is that how many times have we won scudetto in last 10 years??? We often finished in top 4... and we had a FARRR superior squad to this shit squad... so to expect top 3 I think is too much... much too much...

Games are nowadays won in midfield.. and De Jong/Poli/Muntari etc. well that's not nearly good enough...

With Ibra we won the Scudetto because there was no good team in that year in Serie A. Now because we were a great team.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
You know, that we dont have the mids for playing short and technical football right? We need to play direct and attacking football, just like borrusia and they are just fine. We have many options in 4-4-1-1/4-4-2 formation, more than with current system.

Every formation can be offensive and defensive tho.

Muntari/Essien-De Jong should be fine. Poli, van ginkel and jack can be used in front.

With 4-2-3-1 the "2" midfielders have to help the defence more, and with this 4-3-3 only "1" midfielder (De Jong) has to help the defence. So for me 4-2-3-1 is not more offensive than 4-3-3.

With 4-2-3-1 when you attack it's always 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-4 maybe. But when you defend it can be transformed easy to 4-4-1-1.

Inzaghi said he want to use both Menez and Torres in center with the new formation, so if he use Bonaventura or Honda as wingers, it will look more like 4-4-1-1.

Last edited:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
We were a great team.

Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Silva, Antonini; Gattuso, MVB/Pirlo, Seedorf; Boateng, Robinho/Cassano/Pato, Ibra.

That's like almost CL challenging.

How people can claim we didn't have a great team is mindblowing. That was our final hurrah. I firmly believe that if we'd won the CL, which we could have done the next year, or the league that year, we'd still be going strong.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pazzini's recent form and performances are very concerning.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
pazzini's recent form and performances are very concerning.

goal poachers are a double edged sword. They have a knack for scoring but they need someone to get them theball in position, which we dont have. The guys we have that could do that are lookig to score themselves.

ernesto

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, pirlo, inzaghi, buffon
Just saw the highlights. . we made empoli look like real madrid. LOL

Schedule