Official: Ignazio Abate Thread

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
He has been our best fullback for years and the only one proven capable of contributing on a CL level team. The hate he gets is irrational, and also because he is not as good as we have had in the past. He will be a great resource to have as a backup for a player like Conti to come in, and I rather have him than Calabria on the bench for example. Calabria can go out on loan, and Ignazio is a more than capable backup.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
reality is..most ppl here love him

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
He has been our best fullback for years and the only one proven capable of contributing on a CL level team. The hate he gets is irrational, and also because he is not as good as we have had in the past. He will be a great resource to have as a backup for a player like Conti to come in, and I rather have him than Calabria on the bench for example. Calabria can go out on loan, and Ignazio is a more than capable backup.

he had god like speed.

AC AZZA

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso,Maldini,Pirlo,Inzaghi,Kaka
He has always been a solid contributor to Milan. He probably has copped a lot of flack as he isn't as good as others and because his played the majority of his Milan career in probably our worst era in a long time.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
He's been a loyal player for Milan during a though time. But I'm looking forward to seeing him on the bench.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
He's been a loyal player for Milan during a though time. But I'm looking forward to seeing him on the bench.

Or at another club

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
at the moment there is no need to sell abate. we shouldn't do this.
de sciglio is on his way out and I don't think Calabria should be relied upon yet to be the backup of conti.
abate should stay as the backup for conti.
anyway both abate and Calabria had many injuries the past 2 years so it is unlikely that either one of them will stay healthy for the full season

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Good enough for bench now, no point to sell.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
What ever happened to Abate..?

Are we gonna see him in a Milan shirt again? He and Monto are the senatori now..

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Should have used him versus arsenal for experience.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho

Are we gonna see him in a Milan shirt again? He and Monto are the senatori now..

He got old and lost his only really good skill - speed

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
This dude was our capitano. I´ll always love him.

AC_Wesley

¡YA BASTA!
Staff member
Reaction score
Linked to MLS move.

How long has he been with us now? Nearly 10 years?

Honestly, I can count his good crosses on one hand

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Seeing him as captain aswell :fp:

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
Linked to MLS move.

How long has he been with us now? Nearly 10 years?

Honestly, I can count his good crosses on one hand
Last one of that era leaving, is somewhat sad though.

Montolivo and Zapata are from a different era imo and Storari had Juve in between.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Is this guy still a football player?

I think that eye injury from Sassuolo really fucked him up last summer. I remember him saying beginning of the season he contemplated retirement. You can tell this season something is physically very off about him, he shies away from contacts and is significantly slower.

I remember that match too, Abate was visibly very upset and the Sassuolo cunts were telling the ref Abate was time wasting.

Last one of that era leaving, is somewhat sad though.

Montolivo and Zapata are from a different era imo and Storari had Juve in between.

:proud:

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
The Curse of Ignazio Abate

Ignazio Abate scored his first ever San Siro goal for Milan against Verona, but also confirmed a rather bizarre precedent.

The 31-year-old right-back found the back of the net in Saturday’s 4-1 victory.

It was his first Serie A goal since Milan’s 4-2 win away to Frosinone in December 2015.

Curiously, out of five total top flight career goals, all except this weekend’s were scored in away fixtures.

Even more remarkable is the curse of Abate in the Rossoneri jersey: he netted three times for the club, each of them against a team that would be relegated that season.

He put his deadly mark on Bologna in 2013-14, Frosinone in 2015-16 and Hellas Verona this term.
From FootballItalia

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I wouldn't say it's a curse, but rather an indicator. If even Abate can score against you, then top flight football is not for you.

xDxMxSx

Banned
Reaction score
Once again failed in a game, was the first reason for a goal to Atalanta.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
17fbd84b0452ef7368cfa547ea3f5a7a-20489-1537356125.jpeg

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
He was okay today, solid defensively and pushed forward to help Samu in attack. Great option as third choice RB.