• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Matri :fp: Remember Pippo? :cool:

Clearly made a mistake I’ve owned up to it already. It’s a banable offence I know :lol:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Pippo wasn't 30

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
At this moment, I wouldn't pay more than 40m for any striker older than 29. We won't be challenging for trophies, so no need for fading stars and I can't see Elliot doing such investments. What we need is a balance of youth with potential and proven players, which are not too expensive.

I would sell Bonbon, Snake, Silva, Kalinic and invest the money we have into an explosive winger and replacements for Bona and Biglia, which have WC potential. Musakio, Roma, Zapata and Gomez are enough in defense for current objectives, as well as are Cutrone + Bacca (or a similar replacement) for CF.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
At this moment, I wouldn't pay more than 40m for any striker older than 29. We won't be challenging for trophies, so no need for fading stars and I can't see Elliot doing such investments. What we need is a balance of youth with potential and proven players, which are not too expensive.

I would sell Bonbon, Snake, Silva, Kalinic and invest the money we have into an explosive winger and replacements for Bona and Biglia, which have WC potential. Musakio, Roma, Zapata and Gomez are enough in defense for current objectives, as well as are Cutrone + Bacca (or a similar replacement) for CF.

Yeah selling Bonucci the one WC player we have definitely means we won’t be fighting for silverware anytime soon.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Very glad this won't happen.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah selling Bonucci the one WC player we have definitely means we won’t be fighting for silverware anytime soon.

Do you think we can win Scudetto this year or next? Even with a striker like Higuain up top.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Do you think we can win Scudetto this year or next? Even with a striker like Higuain up top.

Serie A? Clearly no, but cup competitions with a bit of luck we might win.

Also our objective should be getting back into the CL for this season, something that Higuain or Cavani would help immensely if we actually keep the core we have (Bonucci is part of)

I don't mind selling Bonucci if we get somebody equally as good at least, but we won't with our budget.

Getting a young promising player when Roma isn't ready to lead the defence won't work either.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes, getting to CL is the objective, as is making money out of it. Spending that money on salaries of some old guys with 2-3 years left in them contradicts that.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, getting to CL is the objective, as is making money out of it. Spending that money on salaries of some old guys with 2-3 years left in them contradicts that.

Not if those old guys get us Champions League? They will earn more than that salary and transfer fee for us. Makes sense to anyone and everyone.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not if those old guys get us Champions League? They will earn more than that salary and transfer fee for us. Makes sense to anyone and everyone.

We can get there without them.

#growlforce

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
We can get there without them.

#growlforce

Buying two midfielders and a winger with "explosive potential" is a far less secure way of making money in the long term than buying sure things like Higuain.

What this club needs now is to get into CL immediately, and stay there. For that we need instant performers, fuck the potential team.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Matri was always an average player. He was a system player at Juve. Higuain on the other hand has been a very very good player for the best part of 10 years.

lol i seriouslt thought you were trolling...

anyways imagine if we get higuain and he has a pippo like impact :proud:

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Buying two midfielders and a winger with "explosive potential" is a far less secure way of making money in the long term than buying sure things like Higuain.

What this club needs now is to get into CL immediately, and stay there. For that we need instant performers, fuck the potential team.

Exactly. Issue with potential, its just that potential. Too many factors go into a development of a player, teammates, environment, coach, family life, temperament, work ethic. Its just risky. We have an academy for a reason.

Look at Silva. Look at Mastour, El Shaarawy, Halilovic, Depay. These players were touted as the best upcoming players, look now. Focus on the here now and get potential for cheap, we have Leo now, he has a good eye for that.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Leonardo already started working as a new technical director of Milan for a few days: La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the official return of the Brazilian to the Rossoneri should take place within the half of this week (possible announcement already today or tomorrow).

KooJii

Primavera
Reaction score

Agree. Mirabelli did good job last summer in regards to fill this team with huge potential. Now it’s time to add proven star players to raise the bar.

Everybody can see what Bonuccis presence has done to Romagnolis development. Now we need players like Higuain, Vidal etc. to do the same to other departments.

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
The contacts between Umberto Gandini and Elliott intensifies. There will be new contacts today, and Gandini is the first choice for the CEO role at Milan. Gandini would be very happy to return to Milan, having already worked there for 23 years. [MN]

Last edited:

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
The contacts between Umberto Gandini and Elliott intensifies. There will be new contacts today, and Gandini is the first choice for the CEO role at Milan. Gandini would be very happy to return to Milan, having already worked there for 23 years. [MN]

Thank u very much

Again Elliot does as I am wishing

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

Neo'82

Always On Point
Reaction score
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas to L'Equipe: "Memphis Depay will not leave. We struggled to return to the Champions League, and this is not the time to act ridiculous."

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
well that's bad, it seems that we won't go for any winger because i can't see any better option than depay (at least not for reasonable price) :rolleyes:

go for depay in january.

if hakan stays on winger then we need cebalos or meyer who will be LCM, definitely don't want jack there anymore.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Very familiar quote from Lyon president, almost says the same things when he sells.

DeNiro

Milan Icon
Reaction score
My main concern is keeping bonnuci and getting a good LW

Whatever striker we get im cool with (morata,higuain,immobile)..and im pretty sure we'll do ok in midfield. I have trust in leonardo in Elliot this time

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Leonardo - Gattuso: distanze su idea di calcio.
Come riportato da Il Giornale in edicola oggi, 23 luglio 2018, Leonardo e Gattuso sembrano aver superato gli screzi risalenti a sette anni fa. Le posizioni dei due, però, restano distanti sull'idea di calcio: al brasiliano piace il calcio offensivo, il famoso "4-2 fantasia". Gattuso invece è un italianista.

Il Giornale: Leonardo and Gattuso have resolved their issues but they is still distance between them on football style and philosophy.

Leonardo likes attacking football 4-2-Fantasia while Gattuso tends to the typical Italian football.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
he is coming home.

46b02adec07f055f770c0105237900a4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule